• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Distance Runners/Endurance Athletes Social Thread

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Talk about any events people are training for or signing up for, or discuss questions and/or ideas about what kind of workouts someone might like to do or try.

I've been preparing to do the half marathon event at the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati on May 3rd. Colloquially, one would say I am doing the Half Pig. I'm not hardcore or even very good, but I ran cross country and track in high school and can run above average pace at long distance if I'm a bit prepared.

I've slacked since high school, but now that I'm out of college and have more time, I'm getting back into it and would like to aim to be mentally and physically ready for the Full Pig next year.

Last edited:

Actilide

Inkling Cadet
I have a 3k race on May 1st and another on May 7th I know that isn't that far but I also hold the mile record at my school.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Man, this is the thread that's gonna make me feel horrible about myself, huh? :P

I'm a bit of a runner, I don't have too much endurance but I think it's enough for me to get along if I ever needed it.

Pinky-Conehead

Inkling
I'm not that fast, but I like to think that I'm alright.
My school did half mile times, where I got a 2:27, but I could still do better

iDaylon

Inkling Cadet
I'm more of a sprinter, clocking in a 11.1 100m time and a 22.8 200m time last year. However I do a little distance, preferably the mile. Finished it in 6:36.24, which isn't good at all :confused:

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I do daily jogs around my house. Basically pacing form the front to the back repeatedly.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
One of my favorite spectator signs at the Pig today was a couple ladies holding up long sticks with question mark blocks on them sticking out over the runners. One of the blocks had a red mushroom coming out of it. I don't remember if the other one had anything. Anyway, I remember the signs looked very well made and I was impressed to see such a bold and blatant Super Mario reference from the spectators. It was around the 6 mile mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom