1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Distance Runners/Endurance Athletes Social Thread

Discussion in 'The Crispy Calamari - Off-Topic Discussion' started by itisRag, Apr 23, 2015.

1. itisRag

itisRag friendly neighborhood rag

NNID:
    itisrag
    Talk about any events people are training for or signing up for, or discuss questions and/or ideas about what kind of workouts someone might like to do or try.

I've been preparing to do the half marathon event at the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati on May 3rd. Colloquially, one would say I am doing the Half Pig. I'm not hardcore or even very good, but I ran cross country and track in high school and can run above average pace at long distance if I'm a bit prepared.

I've slacked since high school, but now that I'm out of college and have more time, I'm getting back into it and would like to aim to be mentally and physically ready for the Full Pig next year.

#1 itisRag, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  2. Actilide

Actilide Inkling Cadet

I have a 3k race on May 1st and another on May 7th I know that isn't that far but I also hold the mile record at my school.

itisRag likes this.
  3. Lyn

Lyn Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

Man, this is the thread that's gonna make me feel horrible about myself, huh? :p

I'm a bit of a runner, I don't have too much endurance but I think it's enough for me to get along if I ever needed it.

4. Actilide

Actilide Inkling Cadet

Ran 7k today for training!

5. itisRag

NNID:
    itisrag
    I did about that same exact distance today, actually. Winding down from a 17-mile (over 27k) run earlier this week and getting ready for the Pig on Sunday.

Actilide likes this.
  6. Pinky-Conehead

Pinky-Conehead Inkling

I'm not that fast, but I like to think that I'm alright.
    My school did half mile times, where I got a 2:27, but I could still do better

7. iDaylon

iDaylon Inkling Cadet

I'm more of a sprinter, clocking in a 11.1 100m time and a 22.8 200m time last year. However I do a little distance, preferably the mile. Finished it in 6:36.24, which isn't good at all :confused:

itisRag likes this.
  8. Trieste Sp

Trieste Sp Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I do daily jogs around my house. Basically pacing form the front to the back repeatedly.

9. itisRag

NNID:
    itisrag
    One of my favorite spectator signs at the Pig today was a couple ladies holding up long sticks with question mark blocks on them sticking out over the runners. One of the blocks had a red mushroom coming out of it. I don't remember if the other one had anything. Anyway, I remember the signs looked very well made and I was impressed to see such a bold and blatant Super Mario reference from the spectators. It was around the 6 mile mark.