• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Do people underestimate bomb range up?

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
So I decided to try out bomb range up (1 main and two subs) with my Luna Blaster Neo. It's surprisingly very effective against weapons with long range like the .96 Gal/.96 Gal Deco or the chargers. It allows me to breathe more easily as the enemy is forced to reposition itself and it makes it easier for me to throw a splat bomb onto the charger's perch.

My Luna Blaster Neo Gear Abilities

I am thinking about swapping out ink resistance for something else like maybe stealth jump.

Last edited:

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
I don't think it's a terrible ability, it definitely has its uses, but there are better abilities to run in almost every case that it would be useful. For example, I'm a Splash-o-matic user so bomb range up would be useful with the shorter range of suction bombs. But the thing is, abilities like ink saver sub and special charge up would be much more useful to run. That's not to say you shouldn't run bomb range up, if it fits your playstyle then go right ahead!

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I don't think it's a terrible ability, it definitely has its uses, but there are better abilities to run in almost every case that it would be useful. For example, I'm a Splash-o-matic user so bomb range up would be useful with the shorter range of suction bombs. But the thing is, abilities like ink saver sub and special charge up would be much more useful to run. That's not to say you shouldn't run bomb range up, if it fits your playstyle then go right ahead!
I feel like bomb range works the worst on suction bombs but better on other bombs. I've found that bomb range works the best on point sensor and disruptor and splat bomb can also make great use of it if the weapon has little range.

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
I feel like bomb range works the worst on suction bombs but better on other bombs. I've found that bomb range works the best on point sensor and disruptor and splat bomb can also make great use of it if the weapon has little range.
Ah, I thought I remembered someone saying that bomb range up works well for suction bombs, I must have been mistaken. It was just an example anyway. *shrugs*

97Stephen

Pro Squid
I have tried it out in the training room and there wasn't enough range distance to make me want to run it. I've seen people that run everything with it and it's pretty cool but I couldn't sacrifice my other abilities to do that. You have to run a lot to really make a difference in my experience.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I try to run 1 main and at least 2 subs (ideally 3 subs) with any mid range (or less) gun with burst bombs.

I guess it depends on your playstyle though. I tend to only use it with burst bombs since they become more of a pressuring sub than simply a zoning sub. A little bomb range for weapons with splat bombs seems good though, especially for really short range weapons.

I really wish there was a brand that favored Bomb Range Up.
Seconded!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom