• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Do You Find Turf War Harder Than Ranked Modes?

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
This could be me and my inability to understand Turf War (as well as the possibility of a simple answer), but I find Turf to be the more difficult to win more consistently than the Ranked modes (even Rainmaker). That's not to say I'm good or anything but it's something I've noticed over time. Now, I play Turf more than I do Ranked but yet I feel like I do better in Ranked. Why? Is it the modes, is it the skill system, is it me?

Do any of you feel this way?

NeoSeth

Senior Squid
It's because Turf War inherently marginalizes skill. You can play amazingly all game and die once during the last 30 seconds and lose because of it. Not only that, but in Ranked mode you have much more concrete objects. In Turf War, the objective is the ground. Any ground. It's harder to maintain, it's harder to defend, and again: The game only cares who was doing better at the end, not who did better all game. That's not to say Turf War doesn't take skill, but it is an inherently uncompetitive mode.

rsnw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jamipami
I do, because you can't find a japanese lobby in turf war without seeing four e-litres

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom