1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Do you think there should be a Splatoon 1 Remaster?

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Ohaxer, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Ohaxer

Ohaxer Inkster Jr.

What do you think?

2. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    Realistically. Not really. While there are certain aspects of Splatoon 1 that didn't make it over into Splatoon 2, namely certain abilities and Special Weapons. The only real other reason would be the single player campaign. I guess the few maps that didn't return.

But other than those 4-ish points, there is little to no reason. As Splatoon 2 honestly is a direct upgrade from Splatoon 1 in practically every way. This is from a more generalized view.

While people can certainly get into stuff like tick rate and the nuances of competitive play, those don't matter enough to justify a remaster. Cause Splatoon 2 essentially is Splatoon 1, but more.

ϛ(°³°)/` and Enperry like this.
  3. The Salamander King

The Salamander King Inkling Commander

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    As much as I'd love to relive the first game, I think it might split the competitive player base, meaning fewer tournaments for the more viable game (2). We could get a Smash Melee type situation, which would be fine of the community was larger, but with our small group, any loss could spell the end for comp as we know it.

Enperry likes this.
  4. Enperry

Enperry Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ssjplt
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0405-1788-8108
    While I agree with Gameboy, I honestly REALLY wanted Splatoon 2 to be a remaster or just a port not changing too much.

5. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Commander

I don't think there needs to be a Splatoon 1 remaster, the point of the setting in Splatoon is that it is always changing, this is why Splatoon 2 gives off a different vibe than Splatoon 1. Changes like Octolings now being allowed to participate in ink battles in Inkopolis itself, all of the old specials being replaced by new ones and even music trends coming and going. It's what makes Splatoon mirror the modern human urban environment.

Noco, Forma, Raumdeuter and 2 others like this.