1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Do you think we could make ink/octolings?

Discussion in 'The Crispy Calamari - Off-Topic Discussion' started by MP8, Jul 20, 2018.

1. MP8

MP8 Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1373-1602-1242
    Do you think we could modify the human genome to make a real life Ink/octoling? Cause that would be cool but first I would probably call like the UN or something to allow ink/octoling rights, cause having rights is kinda important

The Steps

1. Take a blood sample of both humans, squids, and octopi.
    2. Analyze the DNA genomes
    3. Use a program (btw if anyone knows of a gene editing program tell me) to modify/combine DNA sequences
    4. SIMULATIONS, AND A LOT OF THEM CAUSE THERES LIKE A LOT OF VARIABLES TO BE RULED OUT
    5. Virtual test
    6. More tests
    7. Make sure the Inkling and Octoling formulas are ok for commercial use
    8. Petition the UN so that racial hate crimes against them are illegal
    9. um, selling the formula for like 25 dollars, and probably make a revert formula just in case

So, just tell me what you think.
    Also, this is just a theory, even though sometimes I wish it wasn't

2. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Fleet Admiral

Guess you never seen Jurassic Park...

3. BBGrenorange

BBGrenorange Inkling Cadet

I mean I think there’s probably better directions to move scientific research in than this.

4. TrueBlueDogemon

TrueBlueDogemon Inkling

NNID:
    MasterLoopySwag
    Sounds a lot like Jurassic Park in a sense. That being said, if inklings and octolings were to become real, hopefully some physics would and would not apply. (Like for example: real-life Inklings not dissolving in water would be nice)