• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

does anyone else miss the days of saturday morning cartoons?

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
foxkids
kids wb
nickelodeon
cartoon network
disney

all of them seemed to have something going for saturday but now? it's just another day to sleep in and be lazy.....with tablets smartphones and streaming services like netflix it's difficult to get adults and kids to tune into cartoons like they used to...

youthCAT1590

Pro Squid
I use to wake up and watch Recess, Doug, Spiderman (90's series) to name a few. Oh and of course, Pokemon. Good times.

Pink

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
I used to get up early as a kid just to watch Kirby and Sonic X (I was a little kid, don't judge). Fun times.

Davybot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Davybot
I miss it as well, used to watch Kids WB every saturday morning. dumb life work getting in the way...

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I used to get up early as a kid just to watch Kirby and Sonic X (I was a little kid, don't judge). Fun times.
What you just described, was practically my childhood. Kirby and Sonic X every Saturday! I didn't have cable or satellite so I would always tune in to my local channel that played 4Kids. I watched a lot of Dinosaur King as well.

Pink

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
What you just described, was practically my childhood. Kirby and Sonic X every Saturday! I didn't have cable or satellite so I would always tune in to my local channel that played 4Kids. I watched a lot of Dinosaur King as well.
Haha, I didn't have cable or satellite either! Just an antenna that managed to have 4Kids :p

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Haha, I didn't have cable or satellite either! Just an antenna that managed to have 4Kids :p
Yay, someone else that knows the struggle! xD Since I didn't get Cartoon Network to watch Pokemon, I had my grandma record it when it came on and put it on VHS tapes for me. Ah, I got so excited when I knew that there'd be a marathon...

Pink

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
Yay, someone else that knows the struggle! xD Since I didn't get Cartoon Network to watch Pokemon, I had my grandma record it when it came on and put it on VHS tapes for me. Ah, I got so excited when I knew that there'd be a marathon...
I also had my grandma record Pokemon for me, either that or I'd go to a friend's house to watch it. I think I still have some of the old VHS tapes that my grandma gave me with Pokemon episodes on them XD

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I also had my grandma record Pokemon for me, either that or I'd go to a friend's house to watch it. I think I still have some of the old VHS tapes that my grandma gave me with Pokemon episodes on them XD
Oh, well that's weird. I didn't think there were many other people who did that at all, that's awesome. :P Sadly my mom threw most of mine out... I think one or two survived, though. I was seriously devastated when my mom told me she threw them away, it wasn't just Pokemon that brought back memories, it was also all of the old commercials and random other CN shows that my grandma accidentally recorded too. XD

IMA_MOOSE

Inkling
NNID
NightmareShy.X
The WB had such awesome shows x.x

I remember watching the Mega Man, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, Digimon, Static Shock, and all of those goodies
But my most favorite cartoon oddly enough is actually Beyblade. At the beginning it was still called Fox family i think.
Even till this day i think about the original 3 seasons. Even recorded half of them on V H S.

I'll say that again,, VHS!
I recorded alot on VHS tho xD

jkid391

Senior Squid
I may have not been old enough to actually understand or enjoy Saturday cartoons, I wish it would come back. I would pay to just sit in my couch and watch some Kirby or Sonic X. I loved VHS. I even have a New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh lying around somewhere.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
I still have a videotape consisting several of the good ol' cartoons from the 90's. Good times, good times...

Cyndane

Obscured in Ink!!
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
I remember watching X-men when I was really little with my older brother. I remember the whole Phoenix part to be really boring.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Please tell me anyone else here has seen Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego? (the cartoon and/or the game show)

SockHead

Inkling
NNID
GyaradosBlood
only when i think about it and burst into tears because i usually wake up at 2pm on days off :'''(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom