• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Does the game have bot issues?

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I made a new account to play a new weapon. Went through 1-10 in turf war and it seemed fine. Then when I start ranked games at C- , I feel the whole game are bots. They act so strange. Are the lower ranks plagued with bots?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Not sure, but there was a video of some British indie Wii U dev claiming they went up against bots who just stayed in their spawn and spammed their main and sub weapons and acted really erratic if they ever left the spawn. They had a video somewhere if you want me to try and find it.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I'm sometimes wondering this, too. Some players just seem to be afk or playing in such weird ways that I can't imagine them being actual human players. Like standing at one point and firing their weapon in one direction without moving for 10 seconds...

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'm sometimes wondering this, too. Some players just seem to be afk or playing in such weird ways that I can't imagine them being actual human players. Like standing at one point and firing their weapon in one direction without moving for 10 seconds...
That sometimes happens to me because my power cord gets stuck or my cat knocked something over etc. so I figure it is similar.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
That actually sounds too erratic to be bots if you ask me. More likely trolls, friends trying to get everyone else out of the lobby so they can turn it into a private game, or clueless kids.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
They were shooting in a different direction instead of me. They didnt engage like real people do, even low level players. Could have been lagg, but I've never experienced it like that, so I doubt it. I've seen bots in mmorpgs, grinding and farming and it seemed like that.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
What would be the point in farming in Splatoon, though? In MMOs it's a common thing, as they sell these accounts then or transfer the money to other accounts.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Could be really young kids or beginners etc. Did you look at your recent contacts and check to see what there miiverse was like?

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Can you even bot on consoles?

It was just so strange, I might be wrong.

It felt like I was the the only real player. Like I would kill four of them in the middle and my teammates would say nothing. Normally that would get a nice.
Maybe they are farming money to use for abilty rolling hundreds of times. Later selling the account with awesome gear. If they have all their bots in the game, all the accounts are taking it in turn making money. And they would forever stay in C- away from the normal players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom