• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Dreaming of Splatoon...

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
So, has anybody else actually had dreams of Splatoon or is it just me? Long story short; I got Sploon on launch the launch day with SMM, got to level 12, blew away my save, started over by playing for 8 hours on a Wednesday and I haven't been able to stop since. I'm averaging at least 5 hours a day now, with around 120 hours in total.

So my question is, have you actually played so much in one day that you went to bed that night and dreamt of Sploon? Doesn't matter what is was; Sploon RP, Judd wet dream, just let it all out.

I have had the same dream for the last few weeks now: I have a direct feed of myself playing the game, and I'm just playing TW online with other people. There's still music and SFX but it's a lot quieter, and in these dreams I have no emotion on win or loss, I just play then move on to the next match, waiting screen and all. What do you think of that? Maybe it's my subconscious telling me to stop caring so much.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
ACTUALLY YES.
I DO HAVE DREAMS OF THIS GAME SOMETIMES.
It's pretty funny tbh.
ACTUALLY- I've been having dreams of this game when I started to really get into it BEFORE having the game! Like- I wanted this game so bad, I had dreams of playing it.
Now that I have it, sometimes I have dreams of actually running around with the inkbrush tryin' to toss some ink around, or seeing my squad/buddies.
I normally see Camp, the mall or some kind of mixer of different maps into the dream or... seeing the news.
Yup. My mind have been squidafyed.
Just- it's great when I have these dreams. uvu)
IT AT LEAST HELPED ME STOP HAVIN' A LOT OF NIGHTMARES.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Every night O_O

I lost my job due to illness and I don't start university until March so I've been playing literally 8 hours a day for a month....heheheh....

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I had a dream where I was using the Inkbrush to fight a multi-segmented Octoweapon that was basically an Octo Gear, slicing it apart through weakpoints in its inklines.

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
My dreams are usually in Blackbelly or Warehouse, not that it means anything really. I love that I can also "play" Sploon in my sleep, that way I'll never stop thinking up strategies!

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I had a dream. Where I was turned into a mutant human who could turn into a kid. And DJ Octavio tried to kill me. Then there was a random explosion and it said that the Inklings were confirmed for smash. Then I dissappeared for a while. I saw inklings getting splatted repeatedly. I started breathing heavily. And then I woke up. I have weird dreams.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
I've actually had dreams of playing splatoon. The game is so addicting that not even in my dreams am I able to escape it.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Pfftch, I wish I had dreams about videogames, let alone coherent dreams.
I use to play a Skiller in Runescape (which is a person who stays at level 3 forever and only levels non-combat skills) and I use to have nightmares about reaching level 4 >.< I'd get up and have to check my account to make sure it was okay.

I actually had a dream about Splatoon last night, it wasn't very exciting though, just me Inking Arowana Mall. I don't even remember if there were other squids.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Now I haven't actually dreamt of Splatoon, per se. What happened was even weirder: I'm in bed, starting to fall asleep, and before I fall asleep I... how do I say it... I was looking at the GamePad screen, and there was a little squid form Inkling moving around random geometric patterns, akin to the stage layouts you see on the GamePad in the Octo Valley... that's exactly what it was, actually.

I was bewildered, I won't lie. Why have all this play out just as I'm falling asleep, instead of when I really am asleep? Was it supposed to mean something? I know they say that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die... was it a metaphor for my Splatoon career dying at the hands of the Octarians?

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
When I was younger I remember playing video games so much that my brain actually thought I was still playing when I went to bed. I'd go to bed, start thinking about what I did that day, and my brain would actually start firing off neurons like my hands were still on the controller. Like I could actually simulate the experience of playing the game entirely in my head, though involuntarily. Haven't had that anymore though, even if I play just as much.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
As a matter of fact I had one dream about Splatoon. I was playing ranked I think I was B rank or something. I was equipped with a splattershot and some kind of giant ink hammer for a special. All I had to do was fill up the gauge for the special and then I would take out that huge hammer about the size of a small tree, smack it down on the ground anywhere on the map, and a huge tidle wave of my teams ink completely covered the field, this would cause all of the other players to get splatted and ended the game giving our team an insta win. I did this for splat zones, tower control and rainmaker. For some reason all the rules for those games were ignored whenever I smacked the hammer down. It would just give us an insta win. Talk about a OP special.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
As a matter of fact I had one dream about Splatoon. I was playing ranked I think I was B rank or something. I was equipped with a splattershot and some kind of giant ink hammer for a special. All I had to do was fill up the gauge for the special and then I would take out that huge hammer about the size of a small tree, smack it down on the ground anywhere on the map, and a huge tidle wave of my teams ink completely covered the field, this would cause all of the other players to get splatted and ended the game giving our team an insta win. I did this for splat zones, tower control and rainmaker. For some reason all the rules for those games were ignored whenever I smacked the hammer down. It would just give us an insta win. Talk about a OP special.
We CoD now?

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
I WROTE THIS DOWN!

Went to sleep ( I'm an awkward sleeper this is rare). Woke up in a room with Jelly's, Female inkling is wearing doctors gear with a Hannibal mask on. Pulls out an obscenely large knife and inserts it into my left leg slices down the length of it and pulls out the femur, proceeds to throw it to a Dog and crab mix. Leg is eaten, if you haven't already guessed I was screaming up a storm. Song starts playing in the background, it was Immortalized by Disturbed. I was disturbed( No pun intended), I look down the length of my body, my leg is spewing blood and gore is all over the metal table I'm lying on. Look back up and see the creepy Inkling girls face, she shoves a knife into my face and gives me a mirror. I see that I have no reflection, queue me realizing it's a dream. Stand up and snap the young inklings neck and begin to smash the jelly's into little bits. I kill the little crab dog hybrid and take my leg back, pop it back into position and hey presto back to normal Splatoon dreams. Splat it up in a turf war and win 99% to 1%.

And then I woke up to be graced with the faces of my family who had heard me scream in my dream. From their point of view I'd screamed and then began giggling in my sleep.

I dunno.... I have weird dreams :P

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
I WROTE THIS DOWN!

Went to sleep ( I'm an awkward sleeper this is rare). Woke up in a room with Jelly's, Female inkling is wearing doctors gear with a Hannibal mask on. Pulls out an obscenely large knife and inserts it into my left leg slices down the length of it and pulls out the femur, proceeds to throw it to a Dog and crab mix. Leg is eaten, if you haven't already guessed I was screaming up a storm. Song starts playing in the background, it was Immortalized by Disturbed. I was disturbed( No pun intended), I look down the length of my body, my leg is spewing blood and gore is all over the metal table I'm lying on. Look back up and see the creepy Inkling girls face, she shoves a knife into my face and gives me a mirror. I see that I have no reflection, queue me realizing it's a dream. Stand up and snap the young inklings neck and begin to smash the jelly's into little bits. I kill the little crab dog hybrid and take my leg back, pop it back into position and hey presto back to normal Splatoon dreams. Splat it up in a turf war and win 99% to 1%.

And then I woke up to be graced with the faces of my family who had heard me scream in my dream. From their point of view I'd screamed and then began giggling in my sleep.

I dunno.... I have weird dreams :P
Wow, that's... I uh... that's a great story you got there!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Had a pretty interesting Splatoon dream last night. From what I wrote down, it went like this:

There was another Splatfest on the weekend and the theme was Spawn vs. Fan (don't ask why that theme, I don't know either). However, there were some new rules put into effect as of that Splatfest:
  1. Only the winning team would get points.
  2. There would be no screen showing the K/D ratios, nor would the turf points be tallied towards leveling up. It would just immediately cut to the point tally screen and show the match participants' points so far.
  3. You can change gear between matches, but only weapon variants such as the Neo Splash-O-Matic and Custom Dual Squelcher would be available. The CDS in particular looked even more glammed up than usual, with crown stickers all over the thing.
So, I ended up playing a match for Team Spawn at Urchin Underpass. For some reason we won by painting a huge T across the map. Then suddenly, in the middle of the fest, a few Inklings (me included) were invited into the Inkopolis News studio for a tour and the chance to meet the Squid Sisters in person (despite the Squid Sisters already being out singing and dancing on the plaza). I happened to meet them off to the side in a separate room (probably because they recognized me as Agent 3) where they showed a mock newscast where I could be a guest star and put in my own lines. Sadly, I never got to do so before I woke up, but I had some ideas on what to say.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I had a nightmare that part of Splatoon was eating squid, and I ate some. I've been vegetarian for 17 years so the idea of eating squid is mortifying, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom