• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

E-Liter vs. Splatterscopes for Competitve Play?

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
I've been a long time vanilla Splatterscope/ Kelp Splatterscope main, but I've recently picked up the vanilla E-Liter 3K. I love it's range and it's sub/special combo. However, I also like the Splatterscopes for their quicker charge time, ink consumption, and ease of use (for me). Which one should I use? I'm currently in A-/A.

CM86

Pro Squid
I suppose if you want to play a tad more offensive, go with the splatterscope. I am more of a defensive player which is why I prefer the E-liter.

Smarty1two

Senior Squid
NNID
Smarty1two
it depends on the map, some maps prefer the splaterscope cause of its quicker recharge time but some maps you will benefit yourself and your team if you use the elitre.

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
it depends on the map, some maps prefer the splaterscope cause of its quicker recharge time but some maps you will benefit yourself and your team if you use the elitre.
Thanks for the advice. Could you give some examples of stages where the E-Liter would be preferred?

Smarty1two

Senior Squid
NNID
Smarty1two
Thanks for the advice. Could you give some examples of stages where the E-Liter would be preferred?
Arowana Mall, Saltspray Rig, Bluefin depot, Moray Towers, Camp triggerfish, Piranha Pit. these maps are generally good but yet it does also depend of the mode and what team composition and if the other team is putting a lot of pressure on the sniper.

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
Thoughts, half related to OP:

Normally a Kelp main. I took the Custom E-Liter Scope into S rank tower control yesterday, on Bridge and walleye warehouse. I was surprised at how useful I was able to be!

One thing I noticed, and which I love about the higher ranks, is that my teammates were jumping to my beacons consistently. Even though I was rarely in the fray I was allowing for constant pressure. Its notable that both stages have really safe beacon options close to mid and high to the sides, Ideal for Custom3K .
The Kraken is golden for this mode, no need to elaborate there.

This was the first time I took a gimmicky gear load out into ranked, can't remember specific gear names, but it was:

Head - Strength//quick jump/quick jump/Ink recovery
Body - Cold blooded//quick jump/quick jump/quick jump
Shoes - Ink recovery//Quick jump/quick jump/quick jump

8 subs of quick jump is pretty silly, but it allowed me to flit between beacons, escape after a Kraken, and get on that tower QUICK for suicide pushes. Also noteworthy is the lack of any swim speed, which meant I couldn't really chase people with my Kraken and I was slow. Quick super jump replaced my swim speed for getting back to mid, and Quick "Kraken Drops" onto the tower.

TLDR- Utilised a jump focused Custom E-liter on TC, loved it!

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
Thoughts, half related to OP:

Normally a Kelp main. I took the Custom E-Liter Scope into S rank tower control yesterday, on Bridge and walleye warehouse. I was surprised at how useful I was able to be!

One thing I noticed, and which I love about the higher ranks, is that my teammates were jumping to my beacons consistently. Even though I was rarely in the fray I was allowing for constant pressure. Its notable that both stages have really safe beacon options close to mid and high to the sides, Ideal for Custom3K .
The Kraken is golden for this mode, no need to elaborate there.

This was the first time I took a gimmicky gear load out into ranked, can't remember specific gear names, but it was:

Head - Strength//quick jump/quick jump/Ink recovery
Body - Cold blooded//quick jump/quick jump/quick jump
Shoes - Ink recovery//Quick jump/quick jump/quick jump

8 subs of quick jump is pretty silly, but it allowed me to flit between beacons, escape after a Kraken, and get on that tower QUICK for suicide pushes. Also noteworthy is the lack of any swim speed, which meant I couldn't really chase people with my Kraken and I was slow. Quick super jump replaced my swim speed for getting back to mid, and Quick "Kraken Drops" onto the tower.

TLDR- Utilised a jump focused Custom E-liter on TC, loved it!
I think I'll use the Custom E-Liter for tower control. It has a good set for this mode. However, I'm still in A-. I tried using the Custom Dual Squelcher the other day, and my teammates rarely jumped to my Beakons.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
E-Liter used to be generally better than the Splatterscope, but now that it's been excessively nerfed (and that Splatterscopes have an Echo on their own) it's not that great anymore. The only real reason you want E-Liter is if you really need that extra bit of range (Saltspray, Flounder, Moray), otherwise stick with Splatterscope.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
E-Liter used to be generally better than the Splatterscope, but now that it's been excessively nerfed (and that Splatterscopes have an Echo on their own) it's not that great anymore. The only real reason you want E-Liter is if you really need that extra bit of range (Saltspray, Flounder, Moray), otherwise stick with Splatterscope.
Yeah, and with the new splatterscope having a splash wall, it's even more defensive than the e-liter and can help on the tower more, and it can help you get out of some tight spots with a sniper vs sniper.

Last edited:

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
Yeah, its only when I NEED that range or want my beacon fix that I bust out the custom e-liter these days. Splatterscopes are so much faster on the charge (and now swim, ouch)

Naikat

Inkling
NNID
AgentLoy
Personally, I'd recommend the Splatterscope. It's feels quick and fun to use. It's kinda like a Squiffer, but just a bit slower to charge. And as Zahntavier said, I'd only use the E-Liter for the extra range and sometimes for the Squid Beacons.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I hear a lot of talk about the squiffer which rocks in both tower control and rainmaker
Although in all seriousness it matters on if you look at the mini map as well as your aim, people will try to flank you, so you'll have to be aware of where they are to get precise shots (though the bento lessens this risk), where as the eliter you can see approaching players with ease though if you don't aim properly the eliter negative qualities will weigh down both you and your team

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
I've been a long time vanilla Splatterscope/ Kelp Splatterscope main, but I've recently picked up the vanilla E-Liter 3K. I love it's range and it's sub/special combo. However, I also like the Splatterscopes for their quicker charge time, ink consumption, and ease of use (for me). Which one should I use? I'm currently in A-/A.
I think it depends on the map if its shorter you should use the splatter scope, if the map is bigger you should use e liter 3k. If you can get good at both and change depending on the map that would be the best.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
They're pretty interchangable in my experiences, at least in regards to what they do on a team.

tazz

Inkster Jr.
splatterscope is definitely not better than e liter, and e liter is not definitely better than splatterscope. I think that in a competitive scenario both serve slightly different roles, with splatterscope being more offensive while the e liter covering more of the map and playing a more defensive role, as it has more range. many snipers who play on top teams prefer e liter over splatterscope on most maps, so that is worth noting.

Personally I'd recommend using e liter primarily and switching to splatterscope on some maps (kelp, flounder etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom