• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

E3 2020 Speculation

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So about 2 years ago I got to go to E3 and it was an amazing experience and had tons of fun guessing what might be there when I arrived
So I thought I'd mention what I am hoping to see

Nintendo
Breath of the Wild 2- There have been rumors on more information coming in a future Nintendo Direct, though I do think there will be a delay before we get this sequel LoZ game have many time had demo out 2 to 3 years prior to launch

Metroid 3
Since early 2019 there has been radio silence on this highly anticipated franchise, again they did say they were basically starting from scratch...so likely we might see some gameplay and trailer but not likely any demos for some time

Mario Platformer (Odyessy 2?)
Botw release was soonafter followed by one of the greatest games of 2017 Mario Odyessy, with a release of a sequel for LoZ I feel it is highly likely our Plumber will make a welcomed return

Splatoon 3
I do believe that by the time E3 comes around our beloved squids will be seening a sequel, likely there will just be some small footage or an announcement that it is in the works but I am hopeful to see what is to come

Blizzard:
Overwatch 2, it is to be expected with its announcement at Blizzcon this game of the year winning IP will want to draw a big audience and outside of their event E3 is a great place to drum up support

Sony:
KH4: nah just kidding we'll all be in the grave before that happens :D

What do guys is or is not coming mostly this is speculation with some educated guess but I would love to see what other titles there are to look forward to

Cephalobro

I believe that we are going to see details about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes in 2020. It's definitely due since Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were released in 2006 in Japan. Another prediction is Pikmin 4, like come on, it's time we see that game come into fruition after how much long ago it was promised.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I prefer they take as much time as possible for Splatoon 3 so they have the time to iron out all the major problems. For now, Splatoon 2 is still popular enough to keep the cephalopods in the mind of the players.

Last edited:

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
I only watch the Devolver presentation whenever E3 comes up. I assume Nintendo won't attend just like them, and have their Direct at the same time. I'm hoping new hardware will be announced, as a faster Switch, or something entirely new would be awesome.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@banyochan Actually Nintendo does attend E3 and usually have a huge section on the showroom, more often than not though due to the treehouse and Nintendo Direct they mostly avoid being on stage outside of special announcements

Just wanted you to know in case you ever do go there are a ton of Nintendo games available to demo, I got to play inkling 3 months before his release in Smash Ultimate back in 2018 and got alot of exclusive gear from it

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
Just wanted you to know in case you ever do go there are a ton of Nintendo games available to demo
I don't like getting doxed, so I'll pass. Considering that Nintendo's franchises I care about aren't that popular, and modern games don't interest me much, I can't find a reason to ever go to E3.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Well for those who are interested it is an amazing experience, I got to meet many famous players (some jp Splatoon players, MVD, ESAM, Nairo, and ZERO) and a few other youtubers of course, but my two coolest experiences was I got to meet a bug tester from Shovel Knight, and an animator who showed me some of his animation from his demo reel

On top of the games, there is also a history museum to video games with all sort of historical memorabilia as well as some classic arcades littered throughout.

Of Course the highlight is the games, you get to try out never before seen games lines are long at times so planning or splitting up was neccessary and each booth provides you with an exclusive collectable from that panel.

In 2018 I got to play SpiderMan PS4, Smash Ultimate, MegaMan, Shinobi striker, MHA Ones Justice, Dragon Quest VII, a VR flight simulator with a working hand controller, Ninjala, Jurassic park Evolution, a realistic car racing game, Mario Tennis, Team Sonic Racing, Paladins, and a few other small indie titles

With that I got T-shirts, pins, bags, hats, exclusive codes for special E3 in game content, amd a whole bunch more

All in all I do feel it is amazing experience and feel everyone should go to at least once, but you need to know if what you want to see is there cuz if it isn't then it is not worth going...Also part of the reason I made this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom