• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

E3 Schedule and Predictions Thread

Excited for E3?!

• CHOO CHOO!! Full steam ahead!

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Hype is building but I'm being cautiously optimistic.

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • I'll get hyped when it's happening.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Meh... Not really excited...

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I don't like video games...

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
With only around a month away from E3, it's about that time to start speculating what all our favorite game companies are going to show off.

UPDATE: Square Enix has moved their time slot to 10am PDT (that's 7pm CEST).
Source:
http://www.destructoid.com/square-e...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So what are your thoughts? As you can see Square Enix and Nintendo's events are at the exact same time.

Here are my thoughts, warning lots of predictions!!:

Bethesda will show a new Fallout game, probably Fallout 4. Maybe even a new Elder Scrolls game.

Microsoft will show Halo 5: Guardians and new Rare game that might be Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, or Jet Force Gemini. We might also see more of Scalebound, that dragon game by Platinum Games for Xbox One. I'm sure they will also so Call of Duty Black Ops 3 and a racing game. Also, Gears of War was, apparently, leaked by testers of the game.

EA will show some sports games like they always do. However, I also expect to see something Dragon Age and Mass Effect related. Also, Mirror's Edge 2 should be fully shown.

Ubisoft will show Assassin's Creed Syndicate and possibly even another Farcry game if they are really pushing themselves. I would also like to see a Rayman game and another game from the small group that made Child of Light.

Sony will have to cut down on the amount of non-gaming related news this E3, since that was one of the major complaints Sony's presentation got last year. For games, expect to see the Uncharted 4. There might be a new God of War game, and even a new Sly Cooper game due to the movie that is being developed. Apart from that, they will probably show games that are in other shows as well, such as a game that Square Enix or EA is making for PS4. They will also have an indie segment because they like to showcase indies.

Square Enix chose the unfortunate spot of being in the same time slot as Nintendo. Not a good choice but... *shrug* I expect to see full details of Final Fantasy XV, possibly a trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3, and more details about the Deus Ex game they announced recently. They might talk about A Realm Reborn, such as a new expansion for it. I really want them to announce localizations for both Final Fantasy Explorers and Bravely Second (both 3DS games).

Now for Nintendo. We know what they are NOT going to show or talk about. These include any news about mobile games, the new system Project NX, or the Legend of Zelda Wii U. What we do know is that we will see Star Fox Wii U completely and even probably get a release date. They are doing the Nintendo World Championships, and if you remember, in the 1990 event, they announced Super Mario Bros. 3 for the first time there. Since it is the 30th anniversary of Mario, could there be a new Mario game announcement at the end of the NWC? Then, there will be information about what Retro Studios and what Next Level Games are working on. Popular opinions are that Retro is working on Metroid Wii U and Next Level is working on a Mario Sports game (like Mario Baseball or Mario Strikers). There will be an indie segment here too, just like Sony's. Then there will be more information on the RPGs that Nintendo is working on. Xenoblade Chronicles X release date? Fire Emblem If trailer? SMT x FE details? Then there is speculation of a new Paper Mario, and if it's anything like Thousand-Year Door I will be excited for it. Lastly, I'm sure Nintendo will talk about DLC; free update details for Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 3 (with new Battle Mode?), Smash 4 DLC with Lucas.

This PC Gaming thing at the end is somewhat of a mystery to me. Maybe a showcase of Steam games?

Anyway, those are my predictions. Share your thoughts and comments below!! Hype Train to E3 2015 starts now!!!

Last edited:

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Fallout 4 is a good guess. But a new Elder Scrolls isn't happening, unless it's ESO.

I agree with your Microsoft predictions.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is definitely going to show up. Highly doubt about a new Rayman game.

I agree with your Sony predictions.

FF XV and KH 3 isn't happening. Deus Ex is definitely going to show up.

Nintendo is up in the air. Can't predict them.

The PC Gaming thing confuses me as well.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
@Trieste Sp That article you linked for FF XV and KH3 is from before E3 last year. So it is possible they might show up this E3. However, Square Enix does like to save their big news for Tokyo Game Show for some reason. It is the first time they will be having a presentation for all to see at E3 though, so we will have to see.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
@Trieste Sp That article you linked for FF XV and KH3 is from before E3 last year. So it is possible they might show up this E3. However, Square Enix does like to save their big news for Tokyo Game Show for some reason. It is the first time they will be having a presentation for all at E3 though, so we will have to see.
You're correct, my apologies.

Here's the article I meant to post. KH 3 might happen after all.

Last edited:

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Maybe they show us a new Starfox, didn't they say that they are working on a new Starfox Game?

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Any information about KH3 would be welcome. I currently only have a Wii U, 3DS, and PC to play games (plus retro systems). This E3 will be a deciding factor if I am to get another system or not. So far, I haven't seen many games that interest me on PS4 or Xbox One. But KH3 and FF XV do look like they could begin to sway me toward a particular system. However, that Rare game that could be shown off makes me wonder if Microsoft might have some surprises that grab my interest.

@Nukichuu Yes, they said that Star Fox Wii U will be there, and possibly playable at the show floor. I'm excepting a full reveal with release date.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
I see, most of those are pretty much sold already. On Bethesda I realy am waiting as my brother for Fallout 4. Please make that a definite 100% yes!

On Microsoft my brother is on tails after it for Halo 5, My brother is also waiting for Mass Effect info.

On Sony well i'm not much a Sony fan I have a psp and PS2 just for the game developers who make the games for Sony only if they were multiplatform , you wish I'd support Sony. Least game company I like.

For Ubisoft yes they might come with Syndicate. my brother is looking for it too.

On Nintendo well I expect StarFox news of course and Metroid news that is obligatory in this e3. idk about MK dlc but if there is more then wow nice. Smash will obviously come with Lucas and I wouldn't be surprised he released same day or after the presentation. It hink they might show wolf or another veteran as dlc in the works . maybe show preliminary Smash ballot results. A new mario Game could work maybe we can have a proper game called Super mario brothers 4 as that was the beta name for Super Mario World, but ended unused. we really don't need NX now. this will if told to be the next gen console and a possible release date will kill the Wii U. if they want the Wii U to get more sales, They better shush on NX and simply announce Fox, Metroid games and make sure Zelda is great. while promoting Splatoon to the fullest. Then they can talk about NX maybe next year. NXing this E3 will cause them harm.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I really hope to see a new Rayman game from Ubisoft, and my dream game is Billy Hatcher 2 from SEGA.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Sega won't be at this E3. Said they need to focus on restructuring. Sonic has seen decline lately. They need to make a quality game.
Oh, I didn't notice. I really hope they're spending their time creating a really good game...

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
Nothing

As usual I'm praying against all odds that Sin and Punishment 3 will be announced with Isa or Kachi becoming the first DLC newcomer in Smash (second if the Ryu leak is legit).

In terms of already announced games, Star Fox U and KH3 footage will get me really excited.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Sega won't be at this E3. Said they need to focus on restructuring. Sonic has seen decline lately. They need to make a quality game.
Sega had a great game called Sonic Generations and Sonic Unleashed but instead building off of that and making better games they made Sonic Lost world

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
I have practically no knowledge in the other companies, so I won't say anything about them.

There have been many false leaks for Nintendo games within the past year. Then, there have been some successful leaks for certain things. Why am I bringing this up? Well, Paper Mario was supposedly mentioned by one of the workers at said company. It may or may not be true, but it still has more chance of happening than any of the past accusations. I really hope that a new Paper Mario is unveiled at E3 because it's obviously the best time to announce one.

There has been a new main Pokemon game released every year since Pokemon Platinum for America. I'm honestly quite surprised that there hasn't been an announcement for a pair of Pokemon games yet, but I do think that E3 is that chance for them to announce it. I'm not sure when Pokemon OR/AS were announced, but it was definitely more than a year after the announcement of Pokemon X/Y. If they announce it at E3, they could still possibly get a release date in 2015. Besides, we're all bored with the terrible after games that Pokemon OR/AS and X/Y have left us with. We need something new.

Mario Kart 8 has had some pretty successful DLC packs. I do believe that Nintendo would like to bring in more money, so it would make sense for them to create more DLC packs. Although it's a slim chance, Nintendo could announce more DLC for Mario Kart 8 at E3. Probably wouldn't be courses, but it could be character DLC, or the anticipated "good" battle mode.

And that's all I can think of.

CupOJoe

Inkling
I'm thinking Wolf as Smash DLC is possible as advertising for Star Wolf U. Just guessing though.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I doubt we'll get any dragon age news out of EA unless it's new DLC for DA:I, I do expect to see at least a little bit about the new Mass Effect though.

Fingers crossed on Fallout 4.

Hoping we maybe see some more DLC for Smash bros but it is pretty soon after the last reveal. Good way to get that hype tho

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
I have practically no knowledge in the other companies, so I won't say anything about them.

There have been many false leaks for Nintendo games within the past year. Then, there have been some successful leaks for certain things. Why am I bringing this up? Well, Paper Mario was supposedly mentioned by one of the workers at said company. It may or may not be true, but it still has more chance of happening than any of the past accusations. I really hope that a new Paper Mario is unveiled at E3 because it's obviously the best time to announce one.

There has been a new main Pokemon game released every year since Pokemon Platinum for America. I'm honestly quite surprised that there hasn't been an announcement for a pair of Pokemon games yet, but I do think that E3 is that chance for them to announce it. I'm not sure when Pokemon OR/AS were announced, but it was definitely more than a year after the announcement of Pokemon X/Y. If they announce it at E3, they could still possibly get a release date in 2015. Besides, we're all bored with the terrible after games that Pokemon OR/AS and X/Y have left us with. We need something new.

Mario Kart 8 has had some pretty successful DLC packs. I do believe that Nintendo would like to bring in more money, so it would make sense for them to create more DLC packs. Although it's a slim chance, Nintendo could announce more DLC for Mario Kart 8 at E3. Probably wouldn't be courses, but it could be character DLC, or the anticipated "good" battle mode.

And that's all I can think of.
You are correct about Pokemon. Based on Game Freak's and Nintendo's track record with Pokemon, we should expect a new main Pokemon game such as Pokemon Z or Pokemon X2 and Pokemon Y2. Also, Black 2 and White 2 had a lot of post-game content, something that X/Y needed. Z or X2/Y2 should potentially have much more to do after the Elite Four and Champion.

I only want a new Paper Mario if it is similar in style to the first two games.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
With a little over a week left until E3 I have decided to reignite this topic that I posted a month ago. Check the first post for the poll, schedule, and my predictions. What do you think will be shown off and by who? Do you have any crazy guesses or a wish list for what you want to see?

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
So apparently Bethesda made an oopsie and left he mic on after their Twitch stream was done,

and everyone overheard them prepping for a Dishonored 2 announcement for E3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom