• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

EarthBound / Mother Series Social Thread - Octopus Erasers Are The Best Inkling Weapons

Tepig2000

Inkster Jr.
This is the thread to talk about the best videogame series ever: EarthBound (or Mother, whichever one you prefer)! Have fun!

Sneak Frog

Inkling
No crying until the end.

I have to say EarthBound is my favorite out of the three games, but honestly they're all incredible in their own respects. I feel like more people should give Mother 1 a try, even if it is quite the grindfest.

Tepig2000

Inkster Jr.
No crying until the end.

I have to say EarthBound is my favorite out of the three games, but honestly they're all incredible in their own respects. I feel like more people should give Mother 1 a try, even if it is quite the grindfest.
I tried to play both Mother 1 and 3 in my computer, but they didn't feel quite as good since I played EarthBound in my Playstation 2, which is pretty close to playing it in a SNES. I just don't like playing games in computer as much.

Sneak Frog

Inkling
I tried to play both Mother 1 and 3 in my computer, but they didn't feel quite as good since I played EarthBound in my Playstation 2, which is pretty close to playing it in a SNES. I just don't like playing games in computer as much.
I can understand that sentiment. It's just a shame that we'll probably never get 1 and 3 localized here. Mother 1's situation was understandable, at the very least.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
My first time playing Earthbound was on the Wii U. I tried to ignore the hype since I believed there was no way it would live up to all of it. And honestly, from a gameplay perspective it doesn't. Enemies are kind of overly hard and there's still instances where you should grind to progress.

The health system was pretty interesting though. I liked how you still had a chance to win before your HP hit zero.

Now as an experience, I loved Earthbound. It was a journey with witty writing, great characters, and beautifuly creative enemies. I honestly believe Earthbound is a piece of art and should be treated as an experience instead of a video game. Like, this game couldn't be told through an animated program or a movie. It would lose some charm and personality that makes it special. I would definitely recommend Earthbound to anyone, but be prepared to deal with some archaic design.

Sneak Frog

Inkling
I'm pretty stoked for Lucas returning, and I honestly see myself playing him over Ness. The way Smash 4 works... I can just feel that he's gonna be fantastic.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
I've played Ness in every iteration of Smash (including Project M).

I play a bit of Lucas too.

I'm quite excited for Lucas' return!

Fakevox

Senior Squid
I'm fairly indifferent towards Lucas returning. Kumatora is clearly the ultimate Mother 3 mascot.

Speaking of Mother, I'm going to this fan event held by Fangamer, celebrating the series.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I really like the Mother series. Even though I haven't finished EarthBound, Mother 3 is still my favorite game of all time. I'm also watching Chuggaconroy's playthrough of the original Mother game.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
My favorite is probably Mother 2. Mother 3 is great and all, but Mother 2 had a different charm to it that I really enjoyed. It also felt more like this grand journey, whereas Mother 3 felt a little smaller in scope to me. Mother 2 feels like the game Mother 1 wanted to be, though I do enjoy Mother 1 with all the problems it has.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
I remember beating Earthbound Zero (Mother) for the first time and it's a very long/tough game to complete. Earthbound is a better game than 1 & 3 in my opinion, despite the fact that I played it many times already.
Mother 3, however, I haven't done much progress in it. I couldn't get in to it yet but one day I will.

LunarDistortion

Inkster Jr.
I was extremely hyped when Lucas was revealed for Smash, June can't come soon enough!

Mother 4 looks to be a pretty fun game, I can't wait to try it out.

Tepig2000

Inkster Jr.
Hey guys. Do you know of any good quotes from the series that could relate to Splatoon so that I could put it in the title?

Fakevox

Senior Squid
Hey guys. Do you know of any good quotes from the series that could relate to Splatoon so that I could put it in the title?
I dunno. The only octopus/squid-related moments I remember are the parts where you have to erase the octopus statues in Mother 2. There's also that Octopus butler in Mother 3, Ocho. He probably said some stuff I don't remember.

Tepig2000

Inkster Jr.
I dunno. The only octopus/squid-related moments I remember are the parts where you have to erase the octopus statues in Mother 2. There's also that Octopus butler in Mother 3, Ocho. He probably said some stuff I don't remember.
I completely forgot about the octopus statues. I came up with a great one now based on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom