1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Eight Ball Mode Discussion

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Enperry, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Enperry

Enperry Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ssjplt
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0405-1788-8108
    A few of you may have heard of this groundbreaking new mode, but if you haven't seen it, here it is:

According to a recent datamine, this hints at an entirely new Ranked Battle mode having you push a big ball, probably with a look similar to a Pool 8 - Ball at release, to a podium giving you a knockout when you do so. It seems like a simpler ripoff of Rainmaker, but to be honest, it looks really fun! The ball moves very similar to that ball from that one Octo Expansion level. I think this mode gives backliners (or even maybe E - Liters) a big spotlight, but what do you guys think?

2. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Commander

This could be interesting, but this looks largely unfinished, aside from the obvious that the texture is not implemented or not coded to appear on that ball yet, it appears to be buggy. I just hope they put some stuff that disrupts the ball in some capacity because if they don't, long-ranged shooters and splatlings will have the easiest time with this.

Enperry likes this.
  3. RocketsTail

RocketsTail Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2874-2863-4789
    As much as I enjoyed the 8-ball levels, I don’t want a new mode.....especially since like you said, it’s like a version of rainmaker. :(

4. vanille987

vanille987 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    777SAS777
    Needs alot of tweaks bug and balance wise, could work but not a fan of it imo, especially in solo.
    More interested in the ‘rocket’ mode.