• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Eight Ball Mode Discussion

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
A few of you may have heard of this groundbreaking new mode, but if you haven't seen it, here it is:

According to a recent datamine, this hints at an entirely new Ranked Battle mode having you push a big ball, probably with a look similar to a Pool 8 - Ball at release, to a podium giving you a knockout when you do so. It seems like a simpler ripoff of Rainmaker, but to be honest, it looks really fun! The ball moves very similar to that ball from Octo Expansion level. I think this mode gives backliners (or even maybe E - Liters) a big spotlight, but what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Cephalobro

This could be interesting, but this looks largely unfinished, aside from the obvious that the texture is not implemented or not coded to appear on that ball yet, it appears to be buggy. I just hope they put some stuff that disrupts the ball in some capacity because if they don't, long-ranged shooters and splatlings will have the easiest time with this.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
As much as I enjoyed the 8-ball levels, I don’t want a new mode.....especially since like you said, it’s like a version of rainmaker. :(

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Needs alot of tweaks bug and balance wise, could work but not a fan of it imo, especially in solo.
More interested in the ‘rocket’ mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom