• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[ENDED] Calamari Cup Tourney! v1.2 | Congratulations to TSB!

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone

The Squid Box takes the finals 4-1 Against Squid Squad Spades! Congratulations, & Thank you to Everybody who joined us!

Grand Finals Match:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey hey, welcome to the first football-style tournament here on Squidboards:

The Calamari Cup!
For this tournament we'll be using the same format as most of the big football tournaments (and we're talking about European football/soccer here), like the UEFA Champions League or the World Cup. Because there's no central Splatoon tournament format I figured it would be neat to see if this works, because, in my opinion, it could be pretty good format for Splatoon too :3

Challonge Bracket!
Team SpreadSheet!
Discord Server!
Map/Mode List!

Maps in text form

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RULESET AND INFO:

* In this tournament there'll be 16 teams competing
* Teams consist of 3-8 players
* Every squad can only enter a single team
* Teams must have a team leader who communicates with other team leaders about their matches

Players can be swapped in between matches but not in between games. An exception is when one of the players is having trouble with their connection and keeps DCing, then the team leader can decide to substitute that player in the middle of a match. They can only do this is once per match though.

The tournament will consist of two stages: a group stage and a knock-out stage.

Group stage:
* The 16 teams will be randomly placed in poules of 4
* Every team plays one match against the other teams in the group
* All group stage matches are best of 5
* A win is rewarded with 3 points and loss with 0
* After all the teams in one group have played their matches, the top 2 of that group move on to the knock-out stage
* If two teams are tied, the winner is decided by who won their mutual match

Knock-out stage:
* The knock-out stage is single elimination, there's no losers or winners bracket
* Knock-out stage matches are also best of 5, though the final is best of 7
* In the quarterfinals (top 8) teams who got number 1 in their group will be matched with a number 2 from another group

A sample for the final tournament on Challonge can be found here!

* The maps and modes will be pre-decided for each round and must be played in that exact order
* The modes we'll be using in this tourney are Splat Zones, Tower Control and Rainmaker
* The map and mode-list for each round is applicable to all poule matches and knock-out matches

Here is the final map and mode list!

For this tournament team leaders and TOs will communicate with each other to report scores, set up matches, etc. with the use of the Discord web app. It's a web app that's free, comes with servers and channels and it's pretty easy to use too, it doesn't require any installation either. Team leaders are expected to have a (temporary) account on Discord, as well as an understanding of how to use it.

* For this tournament, we'll be using the Calamari Cup Discord server for all communication (link: )
* Team leaders have to check in to the check-in channel before 20:00 CEST or their team will get disqualified
* Match results are to be posted in the results channel
* There's a general chat for conversations and discussions, so please don't get off topic in the results and check-in channels

For the team leaders' convenience there'll also be an info channel with links to the schedule, team, etc.

We'll divide DC types into 2: Last minutes, and General DC's

LAST MINUTE DC'S:
If a player disconnects in a match with less than a minute left on the clock - While the opponent team is in the lead, The game is continued and counted towards your win/loss. It will not be replayed.
If a player on the winning team at the moment DC's with less than a minute left, the match is repeated whether they end up winning or losing. This is counted as a general DC

IF ANY PLAYER ON ANY TEAM DISCONNECTS DURING OVERTIME - THE MATCH IS NOT REPLAYED AND COUNTED AS A LAST MINUTE DC FOR THAT TEAM
GENERAL DC'S:
Meanwhile, DC'ing in general (Which includes DCing by either team in the first 4 minutes) is only given a single warning. If anybody gets a second DC (Which is counted in terms of the whole team, not specific players) Then the specific game will be counted as a loss. A 3rd DC from any other player in the team and the whole set will be forfeited.

------------

When a DC occurs and the match is replayed, players from both teams will have to use the same weapons they originally chose. We'll be going off the basis that people are truthful and won't lie for the sake of a game. If a player is subbed out, which can only be done after 1 DC, the sub must use the same weapon as the previous member if the same game is being replayed (This only happens in the case of a general DC)

The tourney will begin 19 September at 19:00 CEST with the group stage. As mentioned before, team leaders have to check in in Discord channel before 20:00 CEST. All group stage matches are to be finished by 00:00 CEST September 20th, which means everyone has 5 hours to finish all their 3 matches. Any teams that haven't finished their matches by 00:30 CEST will get a loss for every match they've not finished.
The knock-out stage will begin 20 September at 19:00 CEST and team leaders will have to check in once more. Again, all matches are to be finished by 00:00 CEST.

Winners Card For The Squid Box! Congratulations on First place!

(Please include Forum names and NNID separated with a | line, and different members seperated with a comma)

Any questions or suggestions? Please contact the TOs (@Zeno, @Dragmire, @Burritoburger, @Demiose or @Dne1494 )

Thanks for signing up and good luck in advance, everyone ^^

TEAMS SIGNED UP: 16/16 [CLOSED]

BACK UP TEAMS SIGNED UP 1/2

Original Thread by @Zeno | We had to migrate to this thread due to some real world situations beyond our control

Last edited:

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
So hey again everyone! Hopefully if you have any more inquiries or need something so be fixed up in the spreadsheet, send us a message right here!

The brackets will be up and randomized VERY soon!

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
Hello everyone!
The Challonge page is up and can be found RIGHT HERE!
It will also be put in the OP for ease of access.

Remember to use Discord during the tourney, as we will be using it to report match wins!
It should also be noted that teams are now set. No further edits to your teams will be allowed from this point on.
Any questions, comments, or concerns should be asked in this thread for one of the TOs to answer.

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
So hey again everyone! Hopefully if you have any more inquiries or need something so be fixed up in the spreadsheet, send us a message right here!

The brackets will be up and randomized VERY soon!
Could I change two of the players I listed before? They're both inactive right now

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
Sure! considering you posted that before I was done with my post...
Last edit tho. For real this time.
Phew, thanks. Replace Yukumazi and Sert with Luar (NNID: Luark190) and MiiMii (NNID: Sinantu)

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
Just letting people know I am in fact alive but still not feeling that well. Regardless, I'm looking forward to still helping to make the first Calamari Cup a big success tonight :3 thanks to the other TOs for keeping everything running smoothly in my absence too, you're all awesome ;w;

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
So the tourney is starting in 4 hours! Remember to be on time and check in at the discord server before we start. We still have 3 teams (Blackbelly Bouncers, Dynamite, and Offshore) Who have not provided NNID's for their players. Please PM them to me or post them on this thread before we start the tourney to prevent any hassle because of it.

Thanks again, and good luck to all the teams!

@Valkyria @LuxLuxora @shaZam! @hero @Shadowcat @Judd @Cherubic Cherry @Agosta44 @Cloudy @DeltaFixer @Jlewis071 @Njok @Sorapol @MintChipper @Symph @Burnburn @jetty

Last edited:

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
SheriffCrazy will be signing in and acting as leader of C- for this tournament. Can't make it myself.

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
Just a reminder the tournament is starting in 20 minutes and there's still a few teams that haven't checked in yet. Namely: Blooper Ink, Octarian Elite Squad, Squids Next Door and The Squid Box. Team leaders, please check in at the Discord Server asap!
@Shadowcat @LuxLuxora @Cloudy

EDIT:
Blooper Ink checked in, now we just need Octarian Elite Squad and Squids Next Door and The Squid Box.

EDIT2:
Looks like The Squid Box is here too, just Octarian Elite Squad and Squids Next Door to check in. Remember you'll be disqualified if you don't sign in before 20:00 CEST!

EDIT3:
Only SND needs to check in now, please hurry~

Last edited:

zeph-the-blue

Inkling
NNID
runnymede
posting for my team the Octarian Elite Squad. we are figuring out how to get on as I type. our captain misunderstood the time to be CST instead of CEST, which is about a 8 hour difference.

Bobo

Full Squid
NNID
acciojackie
GGs to everyone :) SDS had a fun time playing today! Looking forward to tomorrow yay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom