• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

[ENDED] Calamari Cup Tourney! v1.2 | Congratulations to TSB!

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
GGs to all, this tourney is shaping up to be awesome so far. Some nail biting games.

Gi.

Senior Squid
NNID
OldboyNin
How do we find the streams for tomorrow's knockout rounds?

StaffofSmashing

Senior Squid
NNID
Lolu83
Good Luck to all the teams going up 6 hours and 11 minutes from when I'm writing this! It's time for the suspensful part of the CC Tournament to begin!

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
I might be home late so one of my team members will be communicating on the Discord server for me. We'll be ready to play though!

Good luck to everyone today!

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
I might be home late so one of my team members will be communicating on the Discord server for me. We'll be ready to play though!

Good luck to everyone today!
Alright, do you know which of team members will be on? Shame you might not be able to play though ;;
EDIT:
Charlight just checked in on the Discord server, so I guess that answers that, hehe

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
So since our original DC rule didn't work out so well and many people voiced their complaints about it, we're going to be implementing a new rule for the rest of the tourney

We'll divide DC types into 2: Last minutes, and General DC's

LAST MINUTE DC'S:
If a player disconnects in a match with less than a minute left on the clock - While the opponent team is in the lead, The game is continued and counted towards your win/loss. It will not be replayed.
If a player on the winning team at the moment DC's with less than a minute left, the match is repeated whether they end up winning or losing. This is counted as a general DC

IF ANY PLAYER ON ANY TEAM DISCONNECTS DURING OVERTIME - THE MATCH IS NOT REPLAYED AND COUNTED AS A LAST MINUTE DC FOR THAT TEAM

GENERAL DC'S:
Meanwhile, DC'ing in general (Which includes DCing by either team in the first 4 minutes) is only given a
single warning. If anybody gets a second DC (Which is counted in terms of the whole team, not specific players) Then the specific game will be counted as a loss. A 3rd DC from any other player in the team and the whole set will be forfeited.

------------

When a DC occurs and the match is replayed,
players from both teams will have to use the same weapons they originally chose. We'll be going off the basis that people are truthful and won't lie for the sake of a game. If a player is subbed out, which can only be done after 1 DC, the sub must use the same weapon as the previous member if the same game is being replayed (This only happens in the case of a general DC)

Last edited:

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
CONGRATULATIONS TO TSB TAKING IT 4-1 OVER SS-S IN FINALS, IT WAS AMAZING TO WATCH!
Also thanks for everyone else playing, watching, posting or otherwise being involved, it was a blast :3
The final results can be found on the Challonge page and Demi will update the original thread soon too.

Thanks again everyone, it was super awesome and we'll most definitely will be organizing more tourney is in the future >w<

EDIT:
Also, don't forget to leaves your thought, comments, suggestions and other feedback at our feedback thread. Even though we think the tourney was a success, we're still looking to improve for next time, thanks ^^

Symph

Full Squid
NNID
Symphonia46
Well done to TSB! Really gets me excited for things to come in the future. Losing while playing at my best is such a great feeling to me. Seems like I can't sleep on the competition here, we're going to keep improving as a team here in Spades. We still have things to figure out here, but don't think you've seen the last of us yet!

Congrats on denying me my .52 Gal cheese.

See you in the next tournaments!

Last edited:

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
Well done to TSB! Really gets me excited for things to come in the future. Losing while playing at my best is such a great feeling to me. Seems like I can't sleep on the competition here, we're going to keep improving as a team here in Spades. We still things to figure out here, but don't think you've seen the last of us yet!

Congrats on denying me my .52 Gal cheese.

See you in the next tournaments!
Looking forward to it fam

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
Thank you to everyone who participated! It has been such an honor to organize this event with @Zeno, @Demiose, @Dragmire, and @Dne1494, and witnessing those final matches... It makes me really excited for the future of these tourneys and Splatoon as a whole!
No doubt we will be returning in the future to host a tourney that will hopefully be even better than this one!
Lastly, congratulations to The Squid Box for taking it all! Good games to everyone who made it as far as they did, especially Squid Squad!
Remember to post in the feedback thread mentioned above so we can make the next tournament even better than the last!
Until next time!
-BB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom