• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Enough With The Furries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I'm not one to express resentment towards any one particular group. One of my best friends is a total brony and that's perfectly fine, even if I don't understand anything about it. But really.... This is just getting ridiculous now. I can't take 5 steps in Inkopolis Square without seeing some "Fursona" post. Not only that, but it seems like people have started their own little virtual war over this. There are a number of posts that aren't drawings, just text telling people to stop posting furries. In response to that, there are (surprise surprise!) MORE furry drawings just ENCOURAGING people to post more.

Just. Stop. Posting. Them.

Seriously, this is a game where there are literally only two mammals left on the planet. I don't care if Inklings basically treat said mammals like gods of judgement. Take it somewhere else. I really don't know why I'm getting so bothered by this. It's probably because I just don't get why people think that Splatoon 2 is just another place where they can pour out the contents of their Deviantart accounts. I mean, it would make more sense to post this kind of stuff in Super Mario 3D World (or is it 3D Land?) where the man is literally wearing what may as well be a furry costume.

Don't tell me it's not starting to become a problem either, because some of the more recent ones that I've seen are getting a little bit.... Suggestive. Seriously, one or two of these things I can ignore, but I'd rather splat myself if I'm going to have to walk around and see a plaza FULL OF THE THINGS.

*deep breath*
You can send your declarations of war now.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I mean, people CAN post whatever they want on there. (Honest opinion, I am not siding with anyone, just giving a blunt response to that bit.)

But if you want my actual opinion towards how I feel, I do not like it one bit. I respect furries, but I do not like seeing it spammed. It's annoying. Especially calling anyone none furries: Normies, because apparently being a human sucks to all degree, ugh. This feels like another infestation of how Undertale was spammed in the previous game.

I am also beginning to miss seeing Splatoon fanart when I go to look at the feed. Where is it?

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I mean, people CAN post whatever they want on there. (Honest opinion, I am not siding with anyone, just giving a blunt response to that bit.)

But if you want my actual opinion towards how I feel, I do not like it one bit. I respect furries, but I do not like seeing it spammed. It's annoying. Especially calling anyone none furries: Normies, because apparently being a human sucks to all degree, ugh. This feels like another infestation of how Undertale was spammed in the previous game.

I am also beginning to miss seeing Splatoon fanart when I go to look at the feed. Where is it?
That's what I'm saying. There are literally hundreds of websites for "furry" art. I don't understand why they can't keep it there.
Also, I really like Undertale, but it's the same deal. As soon as I saw the word "Ketchup" I just ignored the Mayo part and went "Oh great, here comes the Undertale fandom...".

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You already knew the community was meme-happy from the first game. This isn't anything new, merely the current flavor. You're certainly not going to change anyone's minds either, though this sounds uncomfortably like the "not where I can see it" flavor of intolerance. Either way, report the posts that are actually obscene or hateful, but the rest are ultimately harmless regardless of how you feel about them. With how the plaza community tends to roll, we'll see a new flavor of meme within a few weeks.

Reactions: the

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
You already knew the community was meme-happy from the first game. This isn't anything new, merely the current flavor. You're certainly not going to change anyone's minds either, though this sounds uncomfortably like the "not where I can see it" flavor of intolerance. Either way, report the posts that are actually obscene or hateful, but the rest are ultimately harmless regardless of how you feel about them. With how the plaza community tends to roll, we'll see a new flavor of meme within a few weeks.
When did Furries start counting as a meme-
Oh you mean the Undertale stuff. Surprisingly, there's none of that yet.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
When did they not? I've seen stupid jokey posts about them, from people both for and against them, for close to a decade now on various social media.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Becuz for the luls, but memes in general are kinda of a scrub now a days. A rare meme would be consider something glory and well thought up, but this is just furries spamming themselves due to slight completes.

Hopefully it drags out, and everyone moves onward.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Either way, like Forte said this will drag out and people will move on. That's been the nature of miiverse and not-miiverse posts.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Either way, like Forte said this will drag out and people will move on. That's been the nature of miiverse and not-miiverse posts.
This is kinda off topic but I've been dying to ask if the Inkling in your profile picture has bleeding eyes, or if those are its eyes hanging out

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
This is kinda off topic but I've been dying to ask if the Inkling in your profile picture has bleeding eyes, or if those are its eyes hanging out
It's Emperor from the newest CorocoroSplatoon chapter. And he is partly out of his ink. He also does not have confirmed colors, so white and red was used...Somehow it started to pass on to some Japanese users, using the same color scheme since they don't know either.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's Emperor from the newest CorocoroSplatoon chapter. And he is partly out of his ink. He also does not have confirmed colors, so white and red was used...Somehow it started to pass on to some Japanese users, using the same color scheme since they don't know either.
He quoted my post. One minor peril of having me on ignore is that you miss details like that.

Anyway, to answer your question, Agent Z, it's bleeding eyes. Spoooooooooooooky!

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
I'm a furry myself and I think it's honestly a bit too spammed. I was originally going to do some art of my characters on there, but I'm already annoyed with other people doing it so why add to the pile? Furries are cute, and I like to see them, but I can use other websites for that, like Furry Amino. Not Splatoon. Just honest opinions here.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm a furry myself and I think it's honestly a bit too spammed. I was originally going to do some art of my characters on there, but I'm already annoyed with other people doing it so why add to the pile? Furries are cute, and I like to see them, but I can use other websites for that, like Furry Amino. Not Splatoon. Just honest opinions here.
Yeah, you're right. Even if I don't mind the furry stuff, splatoon posters tend to put up way too much of whatever's current.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Sadly, I've already seen Undertale posts popping up, at least in my plaza... I have to use every single amount of my self control to not report them.
I just went around looking for any gear that I may want to snag from Murch, and I see two Undertale posts.

Splat me.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
It's pretty gabrage, it reminds me of the big undertale invasion of miiverse. It's just so obnoxious. there's no reason to force the fact that youre a furry upon all of us. Doesnt help that all their furry drawings are extremely punchable and just hard to look at.

Kinda frustrating when you want some gear from Murch or find some funny or silly splatfest banter but instead you see a freaky dog-person abomination going "team mayo! :D" or "ketchup's the best!". Eugh.

I think the worst part is "normies". Like, damn. So disassociated that anyone who doesnt represent themselves with these weird anthro animal horrors is "eww so NORMAL, so BASIC" as if it were a bad thing. Kinda embarrassing and gives the Splatoon fanbase a pretty crappy rep. ;p

I'm sure theyll all eventually go away like the undertale people did. Hopefully, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom