• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Enter The Ink: Slosher and the Power of 1

When first facing a Slosher what weapon were you using that you had hardest time with?

• A Charger! Snipen 'em!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Roller! Up close and Personal!

• A Blaster! Blasting off again!

• A Splatling! De~ udh-udh-udh!!!

• Total voters

Ashco

Inkling
So were talking about the Slosher... Well I guess lets start at what it is:

The Sloosher is a long range ink splatter that give out massive inkage and dominate enemy's that aren't ready or lack the range.

I am taking my gathered information from the Ranked Battle and Regular Battle Gameplay (This does not include Squad or Private)

From what I have seen and faced against this "Bucket" it seems like a very good weapon, though the ink it splashes may seem minimal when it hits the ground with only one sling, but adding that together with multiple swings and a enemy that can't take you out and you will find the Slosher to be somewhat "Powerful". Now as for Tower Control, this thing is truly a beast if someone knows how to use it in tower control, due to the heightt advantage and speed of Slooshing the enemy many Inklings will find it hard to climb or even get near the tower without getting splatted before reaching it! Same for Splat Zones, unless you can creep up on this sloshed it can rapidly recover land that took YOU time to cover while also getting you stuck in the opponents ink and left for pickings of the Sloshers teammates.

So is the Slosher Over Powered?

Well... before I answer that I would like to talk about a weapon I DOUBT any of you have heard of: The Roller

During the Splatoon Global Test-Fire and Splatoon's launch these babies were over powering the competinion like crazy! look left or right you wouldn't seem then until... BAM!!! you just got splatted by a roller you didn't even see coming, they were deemed as anybody cause use them and to be honest that was all true.

I hope someone remembers that weapon out there... because it used to be known as OP but in reality it isn't

But wait! Why would people ever call it OP then? Simple. We didn't have enough experience!!!

Only with time, patiance and skill did we learn how to deal with these tanks of players and finally shut them down to being a good weapon, and if you still find the Roller OP to today then that's undertandable! Certin Game modes, maps and even players can change the outcome of a good roller to an amazing roller to a quote on quote "OP Roller", it can also change your skill as well.

But of course that's now why I'm here, that's I'm here to say if the Slosher if OP or is it not but once again I have something else to say before that...

Chargers, Jet Squelcher, the .96 Gal, Splash Walls and maybe even more all counter the Splosher, have you ever noticed that? Sloshers are supposed to me the main cover of all the ground that surrounds them, let it be high or let it be low they can reach... but what if they can't reach you? The range is great but what if yours is greater? or your defense is stronger? Snipers, just get 'em right down your sight and bang... Jet and .96 can ranger then from far away, getting a nice clean take out with no extra charge, Splash walls counter all ink but by throwing one down you can limit a Sloshers direction to sloshing over the wall or going around it, most go straight over the walls so just sneak on around and do the deed... or you know... Seekers are cool to...

The posiblites are endless for how you can kill a Slosher and how one can kill you but don't deem something OP just because its hard to read at first glace, and I'm not trying to sugar coat this "Bucket" with a cherry on top, I'm just trying to explain why we all shouldn't take it as that. The Slosher is a Strong weapon, and yes you are going to miss some shots on it with the weapons I listed and with your own as test and try out a way to stop this "Bucket" but it is the only way that we can, and one day, one day.... who knows? maybe we can kick that can out of exsistance.

The Slosher is Powerful

(Also just to add this at the end, the roller per say in Control Tower is to be deemed very powerful while in Turf war strong, I hope that lets you understand this thing a tiny bit more)

If you would like to debate with what I have listed feel free!

Cukee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cukee1
The Slosher is definitively a good weapon, I tried it and I could see that's not perfect though. Obviously the longer reach weapons counter it. Also, you don't move much while "rapid firing" the bucket (at least that's my impression), so try to not be static while fighting the slosher (or any weapon) using a shooter, chargers don't have to worry about this because of reach. I don't use rollers so I don't know how approach with them. If changes need to be made to the slosher for balancing purposes, then I'd make it to run though ink faster.

Ashco

Inkling
Exactly! the simple things are what we are kinda overlooking since we are now the Top Tier Dank squid players of Splatoon, forgetting that if you shoot something long enough and don't be to bouncy like you can't hit me that you will eventually take it out. And if the item needs a nerf than so be it, wether it be range down, attack down or whatever it will become I just hope that Nintendo fixes it but doesn't break it in the process

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom