• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Exactly how old are the Inklings?

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet so I'll just ask here. Exactly how old are the Inklings? Obviously they can't stay 14 forever, and based on Cap'n Cuttlefish's figure they must age.
There are many signs in Inkopolis that show there are other beings who are running the world's economy, including the shopkeepers and the jellyfish kin.
There are also cars which implies they must at least be able to know how to drive, and what does that mean for the governing body watches over stuff like Turf War?

Anyways, I'm overspeculating. What do you think? And while you're at it, what are Callie and Mari's ages?

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Callie and Mari are like 24-26 years old and the inklings you play are indeed 14 years old I guess . Just look at their bodies. The boys have a thin back and shoulders...and the female inklings just look too young.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
The playable Inklings to me are between 14-17.
The Squid Sisters are in their late 20's, probably 24-26 as CrazyDude suggested.
Cap'n Cuttlefish looks like he's in his seventies or eighties.

Smashwidget

Full Squid
NNID
Smashwidget
The playable Inklings to me are between 14-17.
The Squid Sisters are in their late 20's, probably 24-26 as CrazyDude suggested.
Cap'n Cuttlefish looks like he's in his seventies or eighties.
Cuttlefish is over 100 years old according to the scrolls. The playable inklings are all 14 according to the promotional material I believe.

sweetface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
badesire
Around 14 years old makes the most sense to me for the playable inklings. Callie and Marie come off as older but I don't know how much older I'd say they are... maybe we'll get a definite answer on their age sometime in the future?

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
It's officially 14. Though I wonder how old the blue round inklings are in the plaza? Do they suddenly turn human at the age of 14? Or is it a slow process?

Smashwidget

Full Squid
NNID
Smashwidget
It's officially 14. Though I wonder how old the blue round inklings are in the plaza? Do they suddenly turn human at the age of 14? Or is it a slow process?
I think the "blue round inklings" are jellyfish.

And it is a slow process that happens as they age, at least according to the direct. They gain the ability to turn "more human" as they age.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I believe that the inklings you play as are very close to 14. Not just because that's when they fully develop their human forms, but just the way they are built and act. I've never known about Callie and Marie, I'd say anywhere between 18 to 28.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
I'm genuinely curious as to why people care so much about the age of the inklings.
Besides the Internet, it's interesting to compare them to us IRL. As kids we control them as if we're the ones playing in the game. I personally think it's fun to change your mindset everyone once in a while back to that of a kid. Gotta stay fresh am I right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom