• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

F-Zero Social Thread: Show me ya moves!

Marshtomper

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commander Lenny ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I hear some people want a "Captain Falcon" game instead of F-Zero, which is totally bonkers in my opinion.

WECKmaster329

Inkster Jr.
NNID
WECKmaster329
I have a feeling that a new F-Zero is just around the corner thanks to the DLC that Mario Kart 8 has received. Two F-Zero courses, plus the blue falcon, and a Captain Falcon Mii Racing Suit? It's too obvious now that they are trying to get people interested in the series again.

Lyn

Premium
I have a feeling that a new F-Zero is just around the corner thanks to the DLC that Mario Kart 8 has received. Two F-Zero courses, plus the blue falcon, and a Captain Falcon Mii Racing Suit? It's too obvious now that they are trying to get people interested in the series again.
Probably. Hopefully. We'll see. :P

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Probably. Hopefully. We'll see. :P
I've been interpreting the bonus F-Zero content in Mario Kart a little differently. My take on it is that Nintendo is aware of fans' wishes for a new F-Zero game, but since they aren't currently making an F-Zero game, they are attempting to slightly compensate for the fans with the tracks and Mii skin in Mario Kart. Since time was spent on two very nice F-Zero tracks for Mario Kart, that makes me even less likely that there is currently work being done on a proper F-Zero release.

I think someone has already stated that Mr. Miyamoto said he will make an F-Zero game when he gets the controls figured out, but I wouldn't expect if for a while. The F-Zero content in Mario Kart is most likely just to hold the fans over for the next few years.

Lyn

Premium
I've been interpreting the bonus F-Zero content in Mario Kart a little differently. My take on it is that Nintendo is aware of fans' wishes for a new F-Zero game, but since they aren't currently making an F-Zero game, they are attempting to slightly compensate for the fans with the tracks and Mii skin in Mario Kart. Since time was spent on two very nice F-Zero tracks for Mario Kart, that makes me even less likely that there is currently work being done on a proper F-Zero release.

I think someone has already stated that Mr. Miyamoto said he will make an F-Zero game when he gets the controls figured out, but I wouldn't expect if for a while. The F-Zero content in Mario Kart is most likely just to hold the fans over for the next few years.
Maybe. I hope not, I really do want to play an F-Zero game on the Wii U. I also don't really understand the control issue, every button on the gamecube/nes/etc; controller from the previous games are on the new controllers, and even more comfortable. That doesn't make sense at all. :scared:

Fakevox

Senior Squid
Maybe. I hope not, I really do want to play an F-Zero game on the Wii U. I also don't really understand the control issue, every button on the gamecube/nes/etc; controller from the previous games are on the new controllers, and even more comfortable. That doesn't make sense at all. :scared:
Every function will be mapped to tilt/touch screen controls. Every button on the controller will simply play a clip of the F-Zero X announcer saying "You got boost power!"

Reactions: Lyn

Lyn

Premium
Every function will be mapped to tilt/touch screen controls. Every button on the controller will simply play a clip of the F-Zero X announcer saying "You got boost power!"
10/10 give me that immediately.

WECKmaster329

Inkster Jr.
NNID
WECKmaster329
They should release an HD version of F-Zero GX :scared:
I wouldn't be against this. I think that it would be great to have that game more easily accessible to audiences that never had a chance to play it on the gamecube. If they were to make in HD, they need to add online connectivity and multiplayer options to the game.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Maybe they could at least do a Mario Kart X F-Zero pack or something.
It looks like they might be trying to do a new F-Zero course in each new DLC pack. So, I don't think we will get a DLC pack centered around F-Zero, but we might get, say, a Star Fox pack or a Metroid Pack and have F-Zero courses in there. The question is, which other courses could they put in that are iconic like Mute City and Big Blue?

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
Mute City and Big Blue in Mario Kart 8 has the best music ever.

ever.

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
I've long been a big fan of F-Zero...but as I mentioned in another thread, I've kinda been praying they don't release a new one for a little bit, simply because I'm actually developing a futuristic racer for the Wii U. I'm already a bit worried how a game with no Captain Falcon will be received, but either way...hoo boy, that kinda competition would just end me. xD

GunGunW

Inkling
It looks like they might be trying to do a new F-Zero course in each new DLC pack. So, I don't think we will get a DLC pack centered around F-Zero, but we might get, say, a Star Fox pack or a Metroid Pack and have F-Zero courses in there. The question is, which other courses could they put in that are iconic like Mute City and Big Blue?
True, though ideally they could add Captain Falcon as a playable character as well.

Also, Port Town Aero Dive is a good one to choose.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
F-Zero GX had some amazing looking courses, but I don't know if they would be considered iconic.

Port Town Aero Dive is a good one!

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
True, though ideally they could add Captain Falcon as a playable character as well.

Yeah Port Town Aero Dive will most likely be the next one if they continue the trend they are doing for Mario Kart 8 DLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom