• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Famitsu Squid Fashion Contest Ends! The Winner Is...

Hey there squids and kids! Anyone out there wanting even more gear to keep looking fresh? Well have we got news then! Last month, Famitsu announced a contest in their May 20th issue where fans were invited to design some gear for Splatoon. The catch? The winner of the contest would have their costume added into the game in the August update alongside the Ika Musume (Squid Girl) costume. The contest was so popular they even added more prizes, but only the number one costume would make the game. With over 800 entries the competition was fierce, but in the end the winner was...​

The Festival Octopus Chef!

This costume is the lucky winner that will be added to the game in August! However, six other costumes also were given the honor of a showcase and prizes. The Splatoon development staff made three picks, and they all will receive a poster signed by Splatoon's developers. These were the Hot Dog Octopus, the Raincoat, and the Kabuki Style costumes.

Kabuki Style!

Three other costumes were also chose by the Famitsu Staff. These three will win a poster by Takahasi Ino. These costumes were the Okoyama, Yukata, and Zapfish costumes.

Zapfish!

There is no word yet on if a similar contest would be happening in North America or Europe. But stay tuned to Squidboards in case that situation changes. What would be the gear of choice for the inklings of Squidboards? Let us know in the comments below! Also be sure to stay fresh!

Comments

These all look really good. I wish they were able to give us western opportunities to do this as well.

I wonder if the Honorable Mentions could make it into some sort of update following the release of the August update?

Also I'd like to see a contest for fans outside Japan to make a new outfit set.

Gah! Those Okoyama and Zapfish costumes looked so awesome! I really wish they could be implemented in the game too... *cue gloomy effects over me* T_T

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom