• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fanfiction focusing on the darker sides of Splatoon

M-Man

Inkling
NNID
TheFlutterWonder
Haiya squidkids!~ After noticing and hearing about all the strange/dark back-story concepts in Splatoon, my friend and I decided to make up an interesting little story involving how we kinda think a realist in the situation of the Inklings would perceive the world. There's also some mystery and character dynamic thrown in for effect.

Hope you all like it!
critical reviews and the such are very much welcomed.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11389811/1/Moon-Man-Chronicles

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wow, this was such a gripping read.

I love how the suspense was done in this. Particularly how you set up the antagonist, with both the crowd scene and the misleading comments.
Also, I enjoyed the side squad you threw in!

It was only a matter of time before someone came up with the "what if Inkopolis was a dystopia" story, but I think you pulled it off. Like I said, gripping.

I think I saw a couple of places that could use commas or that sounded weird, but I don't remember where and it's all minor. Aside from small things, this was well written!

Did you have more planned for this or was it only a oneshot?

M-Man

Inkling
NNID
TheFlutterWonder
Did you have more planned for this or was it only a oneshot?
^.^ Thankyouthankyou!~

We do actually have a sequel that we're working on. I'll throw it up on this thread when its done, but we're trying to emulate what we really liked about the first one.

Edit: We're actually adding in some horror narratives, as well as new hints of mystery. I put up a little synopsis thingy in the Moon-Man review section! Thanks much.

I'll make sure to give your fic a read!

Last edited:

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Man, that was sooo good!

I really enjoyed reading that, I don't have any complaints.

I really hope the sequel is even better, you and your friend did an amazing job!

M-Man

Inkling
NNID
TheFlutterWonder
To all!

"Moon-Man Chronicles 2: Electric Boogaloo: Act One" will release soon on fanfiction.net!

So if you're a fan of the 'gripping' prequel "Moon-Man Chronicles" then "Moon-Man Chronicles 2: Electric Boogaloo" will keep you at the edge of your chair with new kids on the block and fresh mystery seeping from the depths of Inkopolis. In this installment, our lovable, trash-reeking heroine, Moon-Man, gets herself in some situations over her head while meeting new faces, whether she likes it or not!

We should have the first part up by the end of this week, and boy, is this one a doozy!
Will post to this thread when uploaded.

Also Act Two is currently being developed, so wait warmly~

Best wishes and grand woomys,
M-Man

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Okay, I just finished reading what have been written so far, and I can tell you one thing. THIS IS GONNA BE AMAZING! I can't tell you how amazing the vibe of the story is. The characters are amazing, the dialogue and everything is so, gripping. I can tell this is gonna be full of suspense and mystery. I cant wait for more!

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Oh man, another suspenseful read. How you set the mood is impeccable! Freaking Squid Noir.

The perspective switch was pretty great because you see Moon-Man being an eccentric jerk, but without her thoughts behind it. xD Oh man, I look forward to how this new inkling gets entangled.

Keep it up!

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
YESS I'VE BEEN WAITING

And as soon as I read that Ross is able to go to Inkopolis I just weep onto my keyboard.
such sad omg

Aaaand now I sit in anticipation for more. :D

M-Man

Inkling
NNID
TheFlutterWonder
Part Two is upparino, so 'ave at it.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11505739/3/Moon-Man-Chronicles-2-Electric-Boogaloo
Basically all the work for Act 1 now is down the the Editor, so it'll come out after they read each part like 8 times.

Yeah, throughout this we'll have the Moon-Man/Ross perspective changes, but we like to think it's very defined when and where they are, so hopefully we're doing them with a little more class than what could be expected from POV shifts.

Also if anyone does any art or anything, really no matter what the quality, It's pretty much guaranteed to be used as the cover art for the story on ff.net, and honestly It'll probably become my profile picture on here. So if anyone wants to draw a stickfigure of Moon-Man, go for it.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Aha, I apologize for not reading this earlier, partly to myself. I really loved this chapter!
The interaction between the main characters is so awesome (Poor Tome, though I am loving getting to see him more), and some of the humor in this got actual laughter out of me.
Moon Man just barking off the stores to Ross, and MM interpreting Joe-bob and leaving everyone confused. By the way, all the details about the restaurant are great. There's so much character.

Also, oooh, sewers huh?

Anyways, man I really liked this chapter. xD I get the feeling it's a calm before the storm though so I'll enjoy it. Keep it up!

M-Man

Inkling
NNID
TheFlutterWonder
Editor here. Part three is up. I'll try and get 4 out by the end of this week since it took me a while for this one.
~~
The calm continues, but the storm brews.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Another squid-tastic chapter! I'm loving the calm before the storm. The interaction of the characters and the whole story in general is so charming and intriguing! This has been great so far so keep up the good work! I'm so ready for the next part :D

M-Man

Inkling
NNID
TheFlutterWonder
Part Four is up.
Characters&Characters&Characters galore!

In other news, I've got a team in the Inkstorm tournament on the 10/10/15, so anyone who's interested should root for 'Team ⑨.' Cause we're the strongest. Moon-Man will not attend, as she, "Couldn't be seen with this pack of idiots."

Part 5 out soon!

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Moon-Man will not attend, as she, "Couldn't be seen with this pack of idiots."
This made me laugh

Anyway, this chapter was as brilliantly executed as the rest, great character dialogue and you set the mood really well. I'm pumped for the next one!

M-Man

Inkling
NNID
TheFlutterWonder
Part Cinco is up.
WHO WANT IT!

There's two more parts in Act One. Considering current progress, there might be a breif hiatus until Act Two.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Okay, reading that fight scene with Moon-Man's "theme song" gave me a constant smile. Another great chapter! ^_^

Rustic

Inkling Commander
By the holy Mackerel... I love that theme song, it fit Moon-Man perfectly in that fight scene. I had to re-read the previous Chronicles ending, the M-Man Theme actually matched it somewhat.

I want moar, alot moar.

M-Man

Inkling
NNID
TheFlutterWonder
Sorry for the long wait all! Got bogged down and wasn't able to edit for a solid 3 weeks. Felt so bad I did part 6 and 7. So theyre both up now.
The good news is that since I took so long, the hiatus until act 2 is comparatively shorter. We're actually starting on the editing of that later this week, but I'm not sure when we're gonna post.

Thanks for the reads, and keep at it!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11505739/7/Moon-Man-Chronicles-2-Electric-Boogaloo

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
wow...ok Color me impressed (please dont use water) you kept to a plot line and it works...really well...Moon-man...but at the same time i cant blame her. a masked person shows up who is she to trust. who else could have been working with this strange purple Inkling. Who was he/she truly trying to flush out?

you had almost slipped something past me. 1 Moon-hides her female appearance by tying her hair like the guys do. 2. you stated. "FAKE VOICE" interesting. it could be a female Inkling and the current clues are way off.

only got to the end of part 9 it was late when i started reading. i will finish it in the morning. DONT SPOIL IT PLEASE!

(ok you know know my initial thoughts before reading the final chapter)

OMG though the fight details were short they were rich with details. the final confrentation ending that way fits for the charecter you were building up. then that mystery person showing up...OMG!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom