• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Farewell for now.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Welp like me I am pretty sure when splat2 comes out Friday 'our' splat1 days are done. Figured we could share a few thoughts and tid-bits on the game we love.

Finished up S rank. Never made it to S+.
Max gold and level.
Fave maps hmmm skate park and pit but it mostly depended on the mode. Tower control was my fave and Rainmaker coming a close second.
Never cared for splatfests usually voted team Callie.
Never got triples on any gear. Swim speed up was my favorite ability on gear.
Octoshot was my go to weapon.
Some of the charger and blaster hit boxes made me question my sanity at times.
Ive been an avid gamer for over 20 years and i have to say spat1 is in my top 5 easily.

See ya all Friday and one last time "Stay Fresh!"

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Rank once. Never again.
Our ISP is to blame for my never levelling above my current age.
Splatfest was great until it got too polarized and I really hope that doesn't happen again.
Ninja Squid and Bomb Range Up FOR LIFE.
Splash-o-Matic FOR LIFE.
Fave maps: Port Mackerel, Saltspray, Triggerfish, Piranha Pit, Flounder Heights and Kelp Dome.

See y'all Friday!
(and hopefully every Friday, but we'll see)

2shotsofvodka

Give me all your Vodka
Playing with friends then yelling with each other (sometimes one being drunk)was the greatest
kinda regret not trying to reaching to the top in money, level and rank,
Fav weapons? Bucket and inkbrush(not octobrush)
maps? Port mackeral bluefin depot, and kelp dome
made lots of friends playing this salty squid game
don't regret a single second of it
also loved haunt, speed ups(both run and swim) and ink resistance

Cya squiddos friday!(after work for me ;n; )

Last edited:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I like this idea of sending off Splatoon 1 like this. I'll follow the general format everyone is using in the thread.

I made it to S+ after a grueling climb that felt hopeless at many times. It was a ton of fun all the way through, but I did not play much ranked after achieving S+, usually choosing to play on maps and modes that I had a good chance of doing well on.

Made it to level 50, which took such a long time. Sure it was nice to have something to work towards in the long run, but I hope the grind in Splatoon 2 to get to the max level won't be as long. For the money my highest amount was in the 4 millions. However I spent a lot of money and shells to max out the slots for most of the outfits in the game and level them up, so I never maxed my money out.

My favorite map is Walleye Warehouse, followed closely by Kelp Dome. I like most of the maps in general, but these two are everything I could want from a map in Splatoon.

My opinion of Splatfests went from loving them immensely to begrudgingly doing them for the snails and sense of completion. I usually voted based on my preference in the fest, rarely choosing between Callie and Marie themselves. I like them both about equally so I would not purposely join a team just for them.

I managed to get a Squid girl dress with all strength as far as my luckiest rerolls go. However I did not have much of a use for it since I did not use weapons that would benefit from that much strength up much.

The Wasabi Splattershot will always go down as my favorite weapon in Splatoon 1. The kit was just perfect for me, and I'm glad the Tentatek in Splatoon 2 is basically the same weapon aside from a different special.

There were plenty of times where I got inkredibly salty and frustrated with this game, but it never stopped me from loving the game as much as I do.

Splatoon 1 will always hold a high place in my regard. I can easily see future games being more and more better with time, but I will always place Splatoon 1 high in a hypothetical favorite games list. It's sad to realize it's time in the sun is pretty much gone, but that's how Multiplayer games work. I don't regret having put over 600 hours into the game in the last two years.

I hope to see plenty of people here on the Splattlefield in Splatoon 2!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Hmm, a send off? I was thinking of making a thread like this but things kept me away from doing it. I'll more than gladly make my reply here though...

So...Splatoon. Or Splatoon 1 now I guess. It's been a weird, unique and amazing experince. I never thought I'd have a game overtake my online gaming slot more than Monster Hunter games did. Never thought it would be in the form of a unique shooter game either....and yet, here we are...

I may have only played Solo 98% of its main lifespawn with the game in my hands...not having any friends to play with, but I still had some unique moments with random teams I was paired with. Moments where me and my team had such a good synergy, despite the lack of communication. Especially in ranked. I remember having the best matches once using my inkbrush for splatzones, winning nearly every round by just a hair thanks to my push and others. I played a good hour or so with that group- I never knew who they were, never added them to my friends list....but the synergy was there. I pushed all the way up into the B ranks that day. And it was a amazing feeling...

...And splatfest. I didn't get to see them all, but my most memorable was the final fest- Callie vs Marie. I was on team Callie for my alt account where I main the Carbon Roller...and I remember being on Moray Towers alot. The nighttime setting there was amazing, and I was doing great in most of my matches. Then the final boss music featuring the squid sisters kicked in- I remember lurking the Splatoon Reddit and seeing everyone freak out over the music change. For me- it upped my game. Those last rounds with the music playing were my most memorable...and maybe its why I like moray towers as much as I do, despite its given hate.

And lastly...miiverse. Its going to be a shame to see it go, but I'm glad it still exists in some form on Splat2. It made the community feel more alive in the Plaza, even if I didn't directly know anyone. It was a nice feeling...

While I may revisit the game every now and then...perhaps to someday reach LVL 50, to experience the retired subs and specials, or even just to have some classic fun- Splatoon 2, your my new home now. And I'll be seeing you all...at Inkopolis Square.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
Welp. Gonna miss my damage up. That's for sure. I had a dream about trying to use my beloved dynamo roller in the testing area and not being able to destroy the dummies. It was rough. I hate being one of those players but fave it, I am. Damage up is fun as heck. Too bad I never got that damage triple I always wanted on my shoes, but 2 is fine.

I never got to S+. Never beat any of my rivals or enemies. Never got to obliterate anyone I hated. It stunk. Forever mediocre. Splatfests were fun until they added ranks to them. Ink Me Up will forever be the best Splat1 jam. Not loving OTH''s variant of the song but it's grown on me. Really gonna miss the Squid Sisters a lot. Like, their news announcements and all. Sometimes I would actually read them and dang, they were pretty hilarious.

Not gonna miss Miiverse drama. Thank Cod I'm done with that place. I can escape being the most hated try hard artist in the world. And all the friends I lost to popular squids. In fact this whole popularity thing should just stay to YTers or whatever. It stunk that I was never given the pssscode to artist private battles or credited for playing turf with other artists like I always wanted, ir really ever felt like part of the family. Nobody wants me, and I guess now I can get away from any direct interaction with them.

Maybe a new thing is what this depressed squid needs.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
S+ happened, not without a whole lot of struggle. We'll see if it happens again. I sure hope I get less squid partiers this time, those sods made me quit ranked for two months due to how pervasive they were. I HAVE A CURSE! This game has always been best played with friends, and I did squad most of the way (admittedly in part because I realized less partiers are in squads).

Level 50 just kinda happened playing this game so much. I never had much money because I'd always spend it immediately on re-rolls and such, a pattern that will no doubt continue in the sequel.

Ancho-V Games is probably my favorite map, I just love the layout and the aesthetic. Splat Zones is my favorite mode by a long shot.

Splatfests only got better for me after the implementation of the Power mechanic. I went from a multitude of matches paired with people who shot straight down at the floor to nonstop gladiator combat. Things are only looking up in this regard!

Like so many others, I gear edited. Meh! It let me experiment with builds I wouldn't have tried otherwise, so I had quite a bit of perfect gear. Still had a few legit pures happen during endless re-rolling before editing became a thing, like my squid hairclip, not that you could tell now.

I fell in love with the Jet Squelcher after a hilarious match with kamikaze allies storming the zones while I stonewalled three chargers, and I've never looked back :D

I've had serious ups and downs with the game. I've made a lot of friends and met some seriously unpleasant people across miiverse, gamefaqs, and here, but I don't regret any of it. I like this game and this community, just look at my post count, haha.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
This game will be as rememberable as the first one, that is first sure. It opened up a new world for me, made me get back into a solid community after years of avoiding personal publicity of myself. It made me want to pitch back into a network of other things, especially art in itself.

I still really haven't made any solid friends, but I am still content with the improvement of this year with my involvement. I am going to have nostalgia when creating my character once again. It will be like the last one, but far more indepth than before. (And would also be my most favorite experience in the game. That sense of feeling when you have something virtually likeness of yourself.)

On Christmas, the game was like an experience. Reading the first miiverse post calling us the Christmas inklings, then involved later as time went on. It was like waking up to a news bulletin, and I am glad it was kept up with. Sure, I certainly didn't make myself known on there. I did some post, got quite the reaction to them. But I had the tendency to be a little too impatience or not enough interest to make a decent post that was a bit more considering of my time.

This is also one of those games that are on the top tier list of play, next to Monster Hunter and whatever is in my gaming favorites. I like being good at it, real good. Sure, I managed to rank to A- later on, late in I am afraid. I spent too much time nosing myself in regular turf. Blame net connections, it would bump me back and forth so it made it difficult for me to play seriously without having my matches cut short.

This is also the game that got me used to a new art program, which I am not flourishing in it slowly. I am still trying to get over self bashing, it's a habit formed many years ago and I am still within the wake of it. But there has been improvement.

I really want to make a mark in the community even more with this game, and darnit, I will work my hardest.

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
I got this game around the time the Switch was announced, so I never got to experience Splatfests.

Well, I finally made it to level 40, never got past B+ rank and one day even fell back to B. Still a B...

Favorite maps are Saltspray Rig, Piranha Pit, Walleye Warehouse, and Bluefin Depot. Splat Zones are my favorite ranked battle mode.

I'm gonna miss this game and will probably revisit it from time to time since I have yet to get all the Sunken Scrolls in singleplayer. I'll hopefully get a Nintendo Switch soon so I can get the second game (must find Callie!!). Heck, maybe I might even be able to participate in a Splatfest this time. Well, I'll probably see you all there!

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Honestly, I think one of my favorite things about this experience (I didn't start playing until January 2016 after all) is all the cool people I've met, and all the fun rolling-around we've gotten to do in game canon. Looking forward to even more of the same <3

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
This game was more than I thought it'd be when I first witnessed its trailer. Ha ha, I literally had no planned on getting it, until my parents had offered to buy it for me wit no catch attached, just for the sake of being the best parent ever. <3 iloveyoumum! So I accepted it, and boy was I glad I did.
This game squeezed its way into Nintendo became a big hit like a lot of other gaming franchises that had made their debut much longer.
I've honestly never touched Rank Mode once, and that surprised a lot of my friends-- knowing how much of a competitive gamer I am.
I was definitely more of a Turf War person, and played it for hours. Eventually reaching lvl 50 just from that alone Ha ha..
I'm actually glad to know this game became so successful to get a second game, and I wouldn't be surprised if the second game became just as a big hit for eventually a third game. ♪

They really should start adding a subtitle now if that is going to be the case..Just adding a number after the main title for each game seems just a tad unornamented.
Splatoon
Splatoon 2
Splatoon 3
Splatoon 4!!!

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
When I first saw the commercial for splatoon I said "This is so dumb". "Complete garbage". Then I decided to try it out by playing a rented copy. I liked the gameplay mechanics, and the motion controls were actually fluid.

Then I bought the game in August 2015. And played it occasionally. When I first unlocked ranked matches, I thought I was going to get pummeled by sweaty tryhards. Because I saw posts about ranked being extremely difficult. Then the wierdest thing happened. All the enemies were extremely easy. I literally went on a 10+ win streak in C rank I thought I was a beast. Then I when I got to A+, everything got extremely difficult. I would literally have games where I just got outplayed and didn't understand how. Luckily, I had resources to help me. After going on YouTube and seeing twitch streams, I clawed out of A+ in a week. When I got into S I was so happy I almost cried. Unfortunately, S rank was literally Elo hell for me for a straight 5 months. Then I was so proud the day I got S+ as an E-Liter main. After 3 months of S+, I finally got the 99 to go with it. Too bad I lost it ;-;

After getting S+, I played in 4 clans, 3 of those recruited me just based on a random PB I played with their leaders. And being in those squads, I gained lots of contacts (some who I still play with to this day) . After joining some, I decided to try blasters out. And even though they felt wierd after being a charger main for a year straight, I made them my main.

Even though I played almost 1000 hours, I still haven't:
  • Maxed out a weapon
  • Gotten a pure
  • Hacked/Cheated
  • Or bought all the weapons available

Thanks to anyone who decided to read that elongated history of my gameplay expierence.
Sorry it's so long :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom