• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Favorite Map / Weapon Combinations

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
I curious about if anyone has any favorite map/weapon combinations out there? Is there a certain map where you almost always play a certain weapon? You know, maybe you normally main an nzap, but for this one map you always break out the slosher. Anything like that. And if there is, why do you like that one weapon for that one map so much? One obvious example is Shellendorf Institute, where I usually switch to something with more range to take out folks on the roof.
The different weapons for different modes is a little more obvious, so I wouldn't really go into that much. We all know blasters are better for TC and not so good for SZ, etc.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
A few of my favorite map mode weapon combos are E-Liter on Manta Maria RM/TC as well as Humpback on RM. Also slosher deco on Walleye zones. Zimi on Pit RM.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Probably Kelp Dome with any weapon that can utilize Run Speed Up because it makes you harder to hit and you can walk on grates faster.

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
A few of my favorite map mode weapon combos are E-Liter on Manta Maria RM/TC as well as Humpback on RM. Also slosher deco on Walleye zones. Zimi on Pit RM.
A slosher on Walleye, that makes sense. You like it with the baller? Can't say I've used that special much, although thinking of trying it more for clam blitz.

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
Probably Kelp Dome with any weapon that can utilize Run Speed Up because it makes you harder to hit and you can walk on grates faster.
That makes sense. Like an nzap - good for all those turns around the center of Kelp too.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Custom Jet Squelcher on Kelp Dome Zones, RM, and CB. I love flanking down the right side of this map and catching the enemy off guard with your long range.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Well one of my favorite E-Liter rotations fell apart last night -as with all my other matches- so that was neat... My game plan on Kelp TC is that I go to the block in front and get picks on early tower riders and other people coming through mid (there's always at least someone) and then my teammates would go to the sides for kills and then we'd get on tower. Preferably 2 people would go right to kill people then when we push tower they're already slaying there. The flex player would go left to hold anyone off with their range. Then I would shift around spots as we move up. Alas, no one seemed to be very good at slaying so everything fell apart even after getting doubles in mid and killing plenty of other people. Quite disappointed with last night to say the least...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom