• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Favorite Nintendo game (Other than Splatoon)?

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
For me, it's most if not all of the Kirby franchise.
The games are very engaging both in story and gameplay for me.

Brie_no.20

Senior Squid
NNID
belle-noire20
Favourite Nintendo game? Probably Zelda: Majora's Mask. It's probably the game that left the biggest impression on my 10 yr old self, when it first game out for the N64.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Super Metroid. Metroid Prime w/ Wii controls comes close second.

Nozzlepops

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nozzles
I will always have a special love for Star Fox 64, and it will always remain my favorite game of all times simply for the heavy nostalgic value that the game has for me. I also have a very strong liking towards the Legend of Zelda series, with my favorite games being Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. I am very excited for Breath of the Wild to be released, as well. Visually, the game looks stunning.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Majora's Mask. But to be honest I am not a big fan of the Zelda series :P Franchise-wise I am more into Kirby and Donkey Kong.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Super Metroid. See you next mission!

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
wow uh, star fox zero just might be it

(i'm assuming we're not allowed to pick second-party, Nintendo-published games)

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Twilight Princess... Paper Mario the thousand year door... and all 6th gen Pokemon games.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
The Mario series is my favorite overall...specifically the Mario RPG series. PM: TTYD is my #1 favorite video game of all time.

My favorite main series Mario game is 3D World, though. Unpopular opinion, I know...but in my mind yes, it is better than Galaxy, 64, the older 2D titles...I know I'm weird.

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
My favorite main series Mario game is 3D World, though. Unpopular opinion, I know...but in my mind yes, it is better than Galaxy, 64, the older 2D titles...I know I'm weird.
Okay, whoa, Super Mario 3D World is freaking amazing. Definitely my favorite main series Mario game too.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
Okay good, I'm glad that someone agrees. I mean honestly I agree with you, but from what I've heard from other fans of the games and around the Interwebs it is definitely not the popular choice for best Mario game.

I THINK IT IS THOUGH AND SO DO YOU AND WE ARE RIGHT.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
My all-time favorite video game has gotta be EarthBound (see also: my avatar). There's just something about the game...its story, sense of humor, music...it all comes together perfectly.

EarthBound is one of the main reasons I've been a Ness main in competitive Smash Bros. since 2009; maining Ness was the reason I wanted EarthBound. It's a symbiotic relationship that can never be severed.

Aside from EarthBound, my other favorites are Super Smash Bros., basically every Zelda game, Super Mario Bros. 3 (the first video game I ever played), and Super Mario World (I've still gotta try and 100% speedrun that game again, I used to be able to do it in under 4 hours!)

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
Okay good, I'm glad that someone agrees. I mean honestly I agree with you, but from what I've heard from other fans of the games and around the Interwebs it is definitely not the popular choice for best Mario game.

I THINK IT IS THOUGH AND SO DO YOU AND WE ARE RIGHT.
I mean, Mario Galaxy is pretty amazing too, but oh man Mario 3D World is really really really really good. I want more of that and less New Super Mario Bros. (yeah i know which series sells more than the other >.> )

Wasn't that game the new one that had bad motion controls though? I mean I heard garbage things about it... so I never considered it.
Motion controls are inherently not for everyone but Star Fox Zero's controls are far from garbage. They worked completely fine with me, had no issues, blah blah blah. I will say there should be other means of controls as, again, motion controls are not everyone (especially if you suffer from a motor disability or something), so everyone can just enjoy the same game I'm enjoying.

But yeah, I had a total blast with that game. I can't go back to Star Fox 64. I liked that game out of nostalgia but once i came back to 64 after playing a tons of Zero, I couldn't stand it. Zero just really clicks and is exhilarating.

I feel people are mad at the learning curve the game has, which makes sense, as there actually is a high learning curve. It's not that the control schemes are bad, but you have to understand like 4-5 different vehicles with their own unique controls. Each of those vehicles are completely fine, but I can see someone else having a hard time juggling all of that information. That said, I don't think Star Fox Zero was meant to be a pick up and play game, as a game about piloting several different machines having a lot of controls to memorize... does make sense. Now, if a game like Mario Kart forced me to understand just as much, I'd be pretty ticked as that series is meant to be for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom