• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Favorite turf war theme from the first game

What's your favorite turf war theme from Sploon 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
About a week ago, I did a poll on what people's favorite wet floor song was. It went pretty well, so I though I might as well do one for the themes from the first game. I'll also be allowing more than one vote this time, because there is no way anyone could have just one favorite! Mine are Seaskape and Metalopod. I'm interested to see what you guys think, until then...don't get mistook, stay off the gobbledygook! (Wait, that's not it)

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Where's Splattack? That's a banging song. Anyways, I voted for Seaskape and Shellfie. I mean, how could I not vote for Seaskape, and Shellfie is 8-bit, which I always have a soft spot for.

I've never actually played S1, but I've watched enough competitive videos from that era, so these songs are very familiar for me. S1 definitely has a different musical feel compared to S2.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Where's Splattack? That's a banging song. Anyways, I voted for Seaskape and Shellfie. I mean, how could I not vote for Seaskape, and Shellfie is 8-bit, which I always have a soft spot for.

I've never actually played S1, but I've watched enough competitive videos from that era, so these songs are very familiar for me. S1 definitely has a different musical feel compared to S2.
Overall, I'd say the franchise as a whole has a great variety of music with all the different bands. With Squid Squad being punk rock, Chirpy Chips being chiptune, Hightide Era and their inventive use of piano music, Wet Floor being indie rock, the Squid Sisters and Off The Hook with their super catchy (and maybe just a wee bit annoying) pop songs...man, I could go on all day. Inkopolis sure does know their music!

Robert Harper

Inkling
NNID
iKeezb901
Switch Friend Code
SW-0859-4324-4110
Split and Splat was one I was trying to remember which I liked, as I enjoyed it the most from the newer ones, but Splattack is just a classic.

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
Hooked and suckerpunch are my favorites because they remind me of just how chaotic splatoon could really get.

I just dont understand why we cant have every song that was rolled out in splatoons lifespan play in multiplayer of splatoon 2. They can bring back old modes, clothes, and weapons but not music? We even have band shirts as clothes now... *sigh*

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
@Berry Because Nintendo's philosophy when making this game was not to fix the issues prevalent with the first game and keep everything people liked, like a sequel should, but to tamper with things that didn't need to be tampered and ignore actual issues.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
@Berry Because Nintendo's philosophy when making this game was not to fix the issues prevalent with the first game and keep everything people liked, like a sequel should, but to tamper with things that didn't need to be tampered and ignore actual issues.
I don't think you understand what a sequel is

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I don't think you understand what a sequel is
So your saying a sequel should add more problems than it solves? Changing things just for the sake of changing things is not a very good idea, imo. Just look at the results for the Squid Sisters vs. Off the Hook poll.

the

Inkling Commander
I love sucker punch personally. The piano in all of hightide era's music is great, but this song in particular always stuck out to me (especially because the beginning reminds me of that party rock song that I always hated :p )

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Hmm...according to my iTunes, my most listened to of the OST for turf music is Sucker Punch. Something about it sets it apart from the rest. Maybe I like the slightly kicked back vibe it has. I never grew tired of it at all.

I hope to see it and the rest of the Splatoon 1 tunes back in Splatoon 2. They really were their own style and I'm starting to miss it.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Of all the themes from the first game, I really did not think Sucker Punch would be most popular. I mean c'mon, I'm still the only person who voted for Metalopod?
That's my third choice behind Ink or Sink (I'm the only one who picked this?) and Splattack. Sucker Punch is actually one of my least favorites, lol. (Kraken Up is just outright annoying, imo.) Electric guitar >>>>> piano.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Problem is, everything is just so good, I can't vote for everything I love

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Personally, I like the songs from the 2nd game a lot better than that of the first game's. In the first game, a lot of songs just kind of... flowed together? A lot of them were pretty similar. The music in Sploon 2 is a lot more unique, with a lot more of a synthpop vibe, a good mix of rock, pop, and electronic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom