• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Favourite Gear Combinations

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
If there is one thing I've loved about the Inklings in Splatoon it has to be how customizable you can make them with the variety of gear choices. So I was wondering... what is your favourite types of gear combinations :3?

my personal favourite combination that I've used for a while now that is for my Male Inkling is
Squidvader Cap (used to be Backwards Cap)
Grape Hoodie (used to be the Green Zip Hoodie (pls come back :<))
Neon Sea Slugs (no change)

I also have one for a Female Inkling
Annaki Beret
Black Inky Rider
White Seahorses

whether its Splatoon 1 gear or Splatoon 2 gear what kind of gear combinations do you guys like? ^_^ it could be for its abilities or because it looks nice! (for me its kinda a combination of the both)

Last edited:

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Here's my favorite gear combinations, all featuring my signature googles.

First of all, my general outfit. I use it for my primary main weapon, the Splatterscope and its Firefin variant. I simply loved the Hero Jacket for its look and with Recon and the Black Anchor Tee gone, I opted for a new ability and decided to give the Hero Jacket a spin! With a Swim Speed pure, quickly reaching crucial points and re-positioning happens in a jiffy. My trusty googles I can never go without for they are my favorite piece of gear since Splat 1 and thanks to Annie, now serve a good purpose for me. With all the hyper-aggressive Sub spamming players and Bomb Defense also reducing damage taken by specials, it's become the crux of my surivival capabilities. Topping it off wit my black punk boots to boost any special and speed up ink recovery, I've gotten myself an outfit to feel fresh in while whooping sniping squids and then some*!

Then there's one outfit I mainly wear for turf, at least the clothes-part of it, as Respawn Punisher would probably backfire in a ranked setting. This is my E-Liter turf gear. I simply adore fingerless gloves and I always wanted to give the RP a spin, so the black v-neck came up in the right time! Completed with white punk boots featuring special charge up for quicker ink storms and sub saver so the Ink Mines don't eat up too much ink, that's one slick outfit I certainly wouldn't mind wearing in everyday life.

And then there's two honorable mentions that are entire cosmetic and don't serve a purpose to be good in any way, shown with the weapons I'd jokingly use them for with the Samurai outfit having de facto been my go-to for the Goldnamo back in the days:

Note how much I love the short pants + leggings combo, worn like a real man. :D

*CWA not guaranteed. Please consult the matchmaker for health risks.

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
Pilot Goggles+Eggplant Mountain Coat+Hero Snowboots
Looks like I could go skiing anytime!
Or Annaki Beret+Hula Punk Shirt+Smoky Wingtips
Like my OC in my avatar

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I made a couple of screenshots of my Inkling in gear sets I thought looked nice together. The sets aren't very functional, but they look nice!

I also really like the Gray Hoodie. It's pretty basic, so it goes with alot of things. I like it because it makes my Inkling look so warm and cuddly. Even better is that I use it with Dualies, so when I win, I get that Dualie win pose. She opens her arms and gives you a big grin. Looks like she's going "C'mere!" and inviting you for a big ol' bear hug.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
So it seems my first post here was more appropriate in the "Fashion Squids" thread. Admittedly even when making functional gear sets, I try to make them look good together. Here are my primary gear sets.

DP01zOEV4AAXFCj.jpg large.jpg

'tis my Blaster set. I really like the Beret, so I'm glad I managed to give it a good ability.
DP01808UMAAqko8.jpg large.jpg

Bubble and bomb spam at its finest. Funny thing about the jacket is that it's the only gear that turned out perfectly when ordered. I got it from Rockenburg from one of his "Thanks 1000 followers!" plaza post. Well thanks for the jacket!

DP014VTU8AA3qWN.jpg large.jpg

My Rainmaker set. I am glad I got that hat set up quickly. There's just something about that hoodie I really like. Fun fact. Those shoes are my very first pure.

DP02EmFVoAAPQ02.jpg large.jpg

ITSA ME! SCUBA STEVE! I uhh...I made this as a joke. I need some more swim speed chunks to complete it! Some flippers to make pure swim speed would also be nice.

Remember what I said last post about the win pose with the gray hoodie? MAXIMUM CUDDLES!

DPnmk-kVAAA25fX.jpg large.jpg

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
So it seems my first post here was more appropriate in the "Fashion Squids" thread. Admittedly even when making functional gear sets, I try to make them look good together. Here are my primary gear sets.

View attachment 5930

'tis my Blaster set. I really like the Beret, so I'm glad I managed to give it a good ability. View attachment 5931

Bubble and bomb spam at its finest. Funny thing about the jacket is that it's the only gear that turned out perfectly when ordered. I got it from Rockenburg from one of his "Thanks 1000 followers!" plaza post. Well thanks for the jacket!

View attachment 5932

My Rainmaker set. I am glad I got that hat set up quickly. There's just something about that hoodie I really like. Fun fact. Those shoes are my very first pure.

View attachment 5933

ITSA ME! SCUBA STEVE! I uhh...I made this as a joke. I need some more swim speed chunks to complete it! Some flippers to make pure swim speed would also be nice.

Remember what I said last post about the win pose with the gray hoodie? MAXIMUM CUDDLES!

I like your style, squiddo!

I still haven't taken any pictures of my favourite gear, just because it's a tad tedious to upload the piccies to twitter. x*) But I will make a few now. C:

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
I still haven't taken any pictures of my favourite gear, just because it's a tad tedious to upload the piccies to twitter. x*) But I will make a few now. C:
you've actaully reminded me that I need to get me a micro SD Card so I can actually get some photos off my switch XD and cause I don't wanna upload em to facebook or twitter cause it'd be a little annoying to do that with a lot of photos :'3

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
With time comes more cute gear sets! I have made 4 particularly nice ones.

DT-fDCSV4AApti3.jpg large.jpg
This is my latest set. I made with the purpose of being aggressive and spamming Tenta Missiles. With the Dualie buff, I can more reliably jump in the action, and I don't get penalized much for dying. I typically fire off 6-8 Tenta Missiles a round with this.

DULfFQQVwAALBc8.jpg large.jpg
I revamped my Forge Splattershot Pro set. After realizing more than 3 subs of ink saver main was wasteful, I decided to put in some more beneficial abilities. Now I have more support for the bubbles.

DTgz80yVQAU2cn_.jpg large.jpg

My Roller set. Nothing particularly unique about it. Instead of the two other mains being swim speed, I just went with comeback and ink saver sub. If I can get my hands on some nice looking black shoes, I will probably replace my shoes with a quick super jump pure. Also I love the combination of the Sneaky Beanie and the Annaki sweaters <3

DULtmIjU0AEedKH.jpg large.jpg

My Splattershot Jr set. It is mostly recycled from my old Dualie set, but still looks nice together, and still functional. Yes, you aren't seeing things wrong, I have two pieces of equipment with a main of comeback and three subs of swim speed. Fashion is important!

It astounds me how so many higher tier players have such ugly sets when you can make a nice looking set and still be very functional.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom