1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Tournament [Feb 22, 2019] Seascraper: Final Wave (/)

Discussion in 'Event & Tournament Listings' started by LavaLeaf, Feb 17, 2019.

Seascraper: Final Wave
Posted By LavaLeaf

/
Friday, February 22, 2019 - 06:00 PM
(ends Friday, February 22, 2019 - 10:00 PM)
Timezone: Europe/London

Keywords

Upcoming Occurrences

All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event does not have any/other upcoming occurrences...
  1. LavaLeaf

LavaLeaf Inkling

NNID:
    lolatlife
    Tournament details can be found at the bottom of the page, if you don't want to read the following big gross wall of text.

The first ever Seascraper tournament took place over one year ago, on February 1st, 2018. Since then, we've had teams from all across Europe (and sometimes elsewhere) playing in our tournaments, battling their way through each game with the goal of becoming the best Splatoon players they can possibly be.

I had my own goal when I started Seascraper, too. I wanted it to be the most enjoyable regularly-occuring tournament in Europe, giving teams a small dose of competitive action every week, plus a slightly bigger dose from time to time in our larger events. I wanted teams to play hard within the tournament matches, but also be impressed by the quality of our organisation. I wanted Seascraper to be more than just another tourney.

One year later, it's hard to say exactly how successful Seascraper has been. We've run almost 40 events in total, and although we've been lucky enough to attract some extremely talented players, the biggest prize we could usually give them was a special role colour in our server. We've wanted our events to be streamed right from the birth of the series, but we only managed to make it happen relatively recently. Even our strength of ensuring "fast and efficient round times" isn't as accurate as it used to be.

When I look at the bigger picture, I'm still proud of what Seascraper has achieved. Every tournament in the scene has minor hiccups and areas they could improve. What's more important is whether the presence of Seascraper has had a positive or a negative impact on the teams and players that took part. Given that support for Seascraper is still strong, I think we've done quite well.

But I shouldn't forget why the series has become successful in the first place, and that's because of you, the players. No matter how much time any tournament organiser puts into an event, it's worthless if people don't take part. You are the reason we work hard to continue running our events. So, from everyone who's part of the Seascraper staff (LavaLeaf, Emil, Raphi, and most recently Alice), we'd like to say THANK YOU. Danke, merci, Дякую, whatever. We appreciate your support.

Anyway, I'm pretty tired of running events, Splatoon isn't interesting to me anymore, and I have more important things to focus on, so it's time for Seascraper to come to an end. But there's one last thing we want to do, one last event we'd like to give to you. You could say it'll be Seascraper's Final Wave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SEASCRAPER: FINAL WAVE

- SWISS -> SINGLE ELIMINATION
    - STREAMED LIVE ON TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/risingsquid_spl )
    - 6 PM UTC / 7 PM CET START
    - F A S T ROUND TIMES
    - MAYBE A PRIZE?*

Registration takes place through both Challonge and our Discord server.

Challonge: https://seascraper.challonge.com/finalwave

Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/uawRXjY

*IS THERE A PRIZE?

We've been looking at a few artists who would be open to drawing a picture for the final event's winning team. However, we're unable to do this without monetary contributions. We would highly appreciate any donations that you could make to help us fund an artist. 100% of the proceeds will go towards the artist commission.

If we don't raise enough money for a whole team picture, the following steps will be taken:
    1) Seascraper tries to find another artist, or commission player icons rather than a full team picture
    2) If there's not enough money to do this, anyone who donated will be refunded through PayPal
    3) LavaLeaf will draw a picture in MS Paint for the winning team

If you're generous enough to consider donating, we're accepting payment through the following link: https://www.paypal.me/Seascraper

Donations of all sizes are welcome.

[​IMG]

Thank you for reading. We hope to see you soon!

~@LavaLeaf#6491