• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fightan Games Social: Kung Jin is an Idiot

Nap1400

Inkling
NNID
Nap1400
This is the place where we talk about more traditional fighting games than Smash. Whether you prefer the basics and fundamentals of games like Street Fighter and Tekken, Ow The Edge games like Mortal Kombat or Killer Instinct, crazy anime boobs action like Blazblue or Under Night In-Birth, the pure undistilled hype that is Mahvel, or your favorite poverty game like Skullgirls, this is the place to talk about it.

ROUND 1. FIGHT.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'm starting to learn how to play Street fighter. I've sorta got the controls and how to do special moves down, but things like ultra combos and super combos just don't make sense to me/I can't seem to do them. I'm also still wondering about those Ryu/Roy files that are in Smash 3DS (and possibly Smash Wii U).

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
When I played my Gamecube, I was really into Dragonball Z: Budokai, and Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2.

I also really liked Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur.

So many great fighting games!

DigDeep

Senior Squid
I love fighting games, man. Been really getting into FGC over the past year. My favorite fighting game series has always been Tekken! Been playing it since 2 when I was a little kid.

Tekken 7 is looking kind of weak right now. Not much new and the female characters have been lacking. Katarina and Lucky Chloe are so generic, and in Chloe's case based on a stupid archetype, the only one I like so far is Josie Rizal and even then she's just Bruce 2.0.

The rest of the characters are pretty good though. Favorite revealed so far is Sasheen. That diversity is a big part of why I enjoy Tekken.

hellotherekyle

Inkling
NNID
kap10kyle
Does anyone play KI on xbone? I haven't touched another fighting game (except mk for a few days) since that came out, truly an amazing game!

hellotherekyle

Inkling
NNID
kap10kyle
I'm starting to learn how to play Street fighter. I've sorta got the controls and how to do special moves down, but things like ultra combos and super combos just don't make sense to me/I can't seem to do them. I'm also still wondering about those Ryu/Roy files that are in Smash 3DS (and possibly Smash Wii U).
Practice, practice, practice! It'll come with time. Turn on the option to show your inputs in training mode to see what you are doing wrong.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Does anyone play KI on xbone? I haven't touched another fighting game (except mk for a few days) since that came out, truly an amazing game!
Dude, I want to play that game so bad! I played the origknal Killer Instinct at an arcade here a few times and have been hooked on the series since.

I didn't care for the reboot when it was announced at E3 because it was like Microsoft was doing everything it could to make it fail, One exclusive, free to play. But after I finally gave it a chance this year I see how wrong I was. It looks absolutely amazing and the mechanics are so deep!

I only watch Maximillion dood play the games though. I don't have an Xbone so I can't play it. :( I want to play it so bad but idk of it's worth it for one game.

hellotherekyle

Inkling
NNID
kap10kyle
Dude, I want to play that game so bad! I played the origknal Killer Instinct at an arcade here a few times and have been hooked on the series since.

I didn't care for the reboot when it was announced at E3 because it was like Microsoft was doing everything it could to make it fail, One exclusive, free to play. But after I finally gave it a chance this year I see how wrong I was. It looks absolutely amazing and the mechanics are so deep!

I only watch Maximillion dood play the games though. I don't have an Xbone so I can't play it. :( I want to play it so bad but idk of it's worth it for one game.
I bought the xbox one exclusively for killer instinct and didn't regret it one bit. I play almost daily still. Definitely worth the price of the console if you're into fighting games.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
I bought the xbox one exclusively for killer instinct and didn't regret it one bit. I play almost daily still. Definitely worth the price of the console if you're into fighting games.
That's good to hear! That Cinder trailer released today was awesome too. I swear there's not single character I dislike.

I think I can live until black Friday, see what's announced this E3. So tempting!

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Hisako though

I wish KI was on PC :(
Microsoft seriously needs to put it on PC. Iron Galaxy even said they've been thinking about the possibility. Not having in on PC is just keeping it from people that want to play it.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Microsoft seriously needs to put it on PC. Iron Galaxy even said they've been thinking about the possibility. Not having in on PC is just keeping it from people that want to play it.
True. I dunno why it hasn't happened yet. MS already released a few Xbox One games to PC, like Ori and the Blind Forest. Give us KI now!

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I've always wanted to get into fightan games, I have Skullgirls but it's so hard that I barely know what I'm doing and just button mash till I win, I feel like a toddler.

Should I get tekken to learn the basics then bump it up to SG?

Nap1400

Inkling
NNID
Nap1400
2D and 3D fighting games have very different fundamentals, so I really don't think you should use Tekken as a starting point if you want to get into Skullgirls. And I hate to say it because it might just turn you off of the genre further, but SG is actually one of the more beginner-friendly traditional fighters out there. Have you tried looking at the tutorial yet? It should help.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
And I hate to say it because it might just turn you off of the genre further, but SG is actually one of the more beginner-friendly traditional fighters out there.
Oh man is it really? That's embarrassing, I guess i just have a case of needing to git gud.
And if 2D and 3D are so different, I'd still like to pick up Tekken on the Ps3.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
Oh man is it really? That's embarrassing, I guess i just have a case of needing to git gud.
And if 2D and 3D are so different, I'd still like to pick up Tekken on the Ps3.
Yeah, Skullgirls has probably the best fighting game tutorial I've seen. You should absolutely take a look at it, since it teaches you a lot of general fighting game fundamentals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom