• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Final Smash Presentation Discussion

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
the game was a big hit and a successful surprise for nintendo if they decide not to put a splatoon character into smash then I see that as a big mistake
Splatoon will never be bigger than it is now and by the time splatoon is implemented into a smash brothers game Nobody will care anymore

well...no splatoon but we get bayonetta

Last edited by a moderator:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Gotta ride dem 3rd party coattails till the end of time brah

Wished they'd stop with the 3rd party characters already. Enough is enough, the novelty's worn off.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Eh, I wouldn't call it a fad. It's a big hit, not only among Nintendo fans, but apparently among many in the gaming community as a whole. And besides, when was the last time a fad ever won a "Best X" award? (legit curious here, actually.)

Yeah, no Inklings in Smash 4 is a bit of a bummer, but I believe Splatoon will be a thing by the time Smash 5 rolls around.

(Further Devil's Advocating: Even if interest in Splatoon does wane in the next few years, that still won't completely disqualify them from the next game. Consider the situation of Little Mac, or Pit, or Ness. All have beloved games, but they'd came out years before their Smash debuts. So there's precedent for this sort of thing.)

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
Yup, it's official: No Inklings for Smash 4.

With any luck, Splatoon will still be popular come 2020 or whenever Smash 5 will be developed. At which point, surely they'll be added.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
Yup, it's official: No Inklings for Smash 4.

With any luck, Splatoon will still be popular come 2020 or whenever Smash 5 will be developed. At which point, surely they'll be added.
i doubt it'll be as popular as it is now....nintendo had the chance to take advantage of splatoon's success and they failed

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
am i the only one who thinks Nintendo doesn't really care that much about splatoon and sees no reason to capitalize on it?

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I joked frequently about Bayonetta getting into Smash, so I am now obligated to play as her, just as how I joked for a year about the Tom Nook amiibo and thus I needed to actually get one when they became available.

Smash Bros. 5 was pretty much confirmed at the end of the video though. My guess in this being the last Smash Bros. DLC is that they'll be working on the next one now.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I always did want to try out the Bayonetta series. I guess I have an excuse now. I want to get to know the character before replacing the stupid mutt I currently main.

Also stop reminding me that Fire Emblem left its older sibling series Advance Wars to die. I always preferred Advance Wars more.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Why is it that this series gets the most love along with Mario instead of others? Seriously, the new Fire Emblem game coming out has a bunch of disturbing **** in it, so why in the world is that okay?

Even Bayonetta's a questionable choice due to being nothing but fanservice.
Does the new FE game even need to pull a Roy in Melee and have advertising from the DLC character? These games already sell well.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
Just like the rest of Nintendo's series not named Mario. Look how horribly handled they're being.
people on gamefaqs are like "Well this just means they'll be in the next smash game"

Next Smash Game?! are you serious?! do you know how long it'll probably be until the next smash game? who even knows if splatoon will still be around by then

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Nope, but we got yet another Fire Emblem character along with a character with very questionable attire. I get Splatoon is recent and there's already Mii costumes, but dammit, why must Tails be a costume?! I'm really salty about this!
Don't get too mad about them, it's not worth it. Besides...

We still have the better game. ;)

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
At least this Fire Emblem character managed to be a little bit different... it's still kind of weird seeing this many of them though, especially when we didn't even know who this guy was (already forgot his name) until now. So. Remember when people in another thread said Nintendo was catering to Japan? Yeah... points to those people.

Otherwise I'm happy for Bayonetta fans, and although I don't play either series I think Cloud actually looks kind of fun.

more sword characters of course but what can you do

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom