• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Finding matches against other teams

What program will you most likely use to find matches?

• Teamspeak

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
This is an issue i have seen people touch on but was never really discussed, and the topic is "how will you be finding matches against other teams?" Many options have been considered, but i personally will be sticking to Skype.

How finding matches through Skype could work:

One way that us in the Mario Kart community find our matches is through Dedicated "war" chats. A "war" in Mario Kart terms is just another way of saying a "clan match". How this would work is members in a clan can ask for things like 4v4s, 3v3s or even 2v2s. (providing we can start games with under the 8 player limit in Splatoon.) Having clans ask for matches this way can help players start matches fast and easy in real time, rather than planning ahead of time and scheduling a date for a match. Of course if a player were to spam, they could be temporarily removed or banned from the chat. Chats could also be used for advertising Splatoon related streams.

The Mario Kart 8 war chats usually look like this:

This is one way we could find matches through Skype. I am willing to set up one of these chats if enough people are willing to find matches this way. I am only familiar with Skype so i am not sure how other programs could find matches. Let me know what you guys think!

Doogle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iamdoogle
I like this. Wish they'd release this option sooner than August though. I'm moving to university in September hopefully and won't have the time to focus as much on the game after.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
I like this. Wish they'd release this option sooner than August though. I'm moving to university in September hopefully and won't have the time to focus as much on the game after.
I honestly wonder why they waited to release such an important part of the game. Nintendo is so supportive about the competitive aspect yet we cant make private rooms.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
I honestly wonder why they waited to release such an important part of the game. Nintendo is so supportive about the competitive aspect yet we cant make private rooms.
I honestly think they originally intended to not have any private room feature but decided to add it after seeing all of the requests for one. Nintendo makes great games but they have made some bizarre and unhelpful design choices before, like how with Mario Kart 8 the developers actually thought Battle Mode on the normal courses would work and everything about getting custom moves in Super Smash Bros 4. At least this time they realized it was a bad move.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
I honestly think they originally intended to not have any private room feature but decided to add it after seeing all of the requests for one. Nintendo makes great games but they have made some bizarre and unhelpful design choices before, like how with Mario Kart 8 the developers actually thought Battle Mode on the normal courses would work and everything about getting custom moves in Super Smash Bros 4. At least this time they realized it was a bad move.
I think it actually was a concious decision, like the decision to lock ranked battles until a given amount of players reached level 10. They want the players to gain more numbers and skill, so that the competitive scene can blast of with more momentum than if it were just the ten or so most dedicated players dominating from the start.

Whether it works or not is another question, but I really do think they're having a plan here.

HaDeeZ

Senior Squid
Another option is having a "match finder section" with a find scrims thread where people can just post the NNID of one their team members and other teams can invite them.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Probably Skype. I'm not sure I will be able to use anything, though. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom