• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Foods that you want to eat (but haven't yet)?

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I personally really want to eat Taiyaki and Takoyaki really bad, I heard those two things are really good.
Then again, i'm personally a sucker for japanese food... So I pretty much want to try any food from japan I haven't eaten yet.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I personally really want to eat Taiyaki and Takoyaki really bad, I heard those two things are really good.
Then again, i'm personally a sucker for japanese food... So I pretty much want to try any food from japan I haven't eaten yet.
True story bro (hope you don't mind)

After watching Season 1 of The Great Food Truck Race, I want to try Bánh Mì. Hope I spelt that right.

And
Um

That's all I can remember right now

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Off the top of my head... since this is a Splatoon forum, I'd like some black pasta! Pasta with the added ingredient of ink. And I'd also like some goat, sheep, or lambs head soup right about now. Yes, you read that right.

And whatever fruits and vegetables they don't allow through US Customs. I must have devour them!

True story bro (hope you don't mind)

After watching Season 1 of The Great Food Truck Race, I want to try Bánh Mì. Hope I spelt that right.

And
Um

That's all I can remember right now
Ah, but what type of Bánh Mì? As someone in a city with a sizable Vietnamese community, there are many to choose from. *drools*

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
*shrugs* I haven't even gotten that far yet! I bet it's all good, tho

I would like to try durian, actually. If I can get over the smell…

Maave

Inkling Commander
Shark. I went to Florida, had gator (which is good, it actually does taste like chicken), but didn't go anywhere that served shark.

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Shark. I went to Florida, had gator (which is good, it actually does taste like chicken), but didn't go anywhere that served shark.
Which type of shark? Many of them are endangered.

Anyways, I'd like to try durian and liechi sometime, along with fresh dates, figs, lingonberries, and other fruit that are hard to get or ridiculously expensive here in Minnesota.

Edit: also I would like to try just about any dessert or baked good from around the world.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Which type of shark? Many of them are endangered.

Anyways, I'd like to try durian and liechi sometime, along with fresh dates, figs, lingonberries, and other fruit that are hard to get or ridiculously expensive here in Minnesota.
If you're the type that goes to IHOP, they serve lingonberries. Otherwise they should have them and dates at a Whole Foods. Dates, durians, and litchi/lychee/liechi/there-are-too-many-damn-ways-to-spell-it I often find at Asian, Middle Eastern, African grocers.

(I swear this blasted thread is going to bring out the foodie in me...)

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
If you're the type that goes to IHOP, they serve lingonberries. Otherwise they should have them and dates at a Whole Foods. Dates, durians, and litchi/lychee/liechi/there-are-too-many-damn-ways-to-spell-it I often find at Asian, Middle Eastern, African grocers.

(I swear this blasted thread is going to bring out the foodie in me...)
Thank you! I'll Check those places next Time I get a chance to go.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I'm not very adventurous with food; if anything, I guess I want to try more vegetarian stuff, as I really want to stop eating meat at some point.
:scared::O :scared: Whaaa

Oh yeah! Now I remember one! I want to try paella! My dad wants to, as well XD We first saw it on Worst Cooks in America (or whatever the show is) where they were teaching the cooks how to make it

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I'm not very adventurous with food; if anything, I guess I want to try more vegetarian stuff, as I really want to stop eating meat at some point.

That somehow sounds like a scathing insult...
Doubtful of myself becoming full vegetarian but I have been pushing down my meat consumption to smaller portions and fewer times a week.

And the IHOP comment wasn't meant as an insult, it's just some people have their scruples when it comes to food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom