• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

For those who make SFM Splatoon art, I have some questions...

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
So, I've been making pictures on SFM for a little bit, whenever inspiration strikes, and I was just wondering...
I've seen quite a few artists who not only have custom clothing, but unique hairstyles and even jeans/pants.
I was just wondering if anyone knew how, exactly, that could be done?

I know I'm asking for a rather specific piece of help, so any advice is appreciated.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I don't know your answers, but I have a few of mine own that I hope someone can answer (and you don't mind sharing your thread of course).

Where can you download these models in the first place? What programs can you use to edit them?

I'm mainly asking because I just started getting very interested in doing things like this fairly recently. :)

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
I don't know your answers, but I have a few of mine own that I hope someone can answer (and you don't mind sharing your thread of course).

Where can you download these models in the first place? What programs can you use to edit them?

I'm mainly asking because I just started getting very interested in doing things like this fairly recently. :)
SFM or Source Film Maker is an animation program on steam. It can be downloaded for free, along with Inkling models and clothing, from the Steam Workshop

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
SFM or Source Film Maker is an animation program on steam. It can be downloaded for free, along with Inkling models and clothing, from the Steam Workshop
Thanks! I'll be watching your thread to see answers to your questions now! :)

So, I've been making pictures on SFM for a little bit, whenever inspiration strikes, and I was just wondering...
I've seen quite a few artists who not only have custom clothing, but unique hairstyles and even jeans/pants.
I was just wondering if anyone knew how, exactly, that could be done?

I know I'm asking for a rather specific piece of help, so any advice is appreciated.
I do SFM and for some hairstyles you just put a tentacle into the head of the inkling or use the move thing (with the blue red and green arrows)
at least that's what I know. I'm not a pro at that too...
I have no idea for the clothing part though.
Also, for Splatoon 2 hairstyles, there aren't any models, you just have to try and recreate them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom