• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Forge Splattershot Pro

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
This is basically just to talk about the Forge Splattershot Pro. At first when I saw the kit I wasn't so sure (I was never really a fan of bubble blower based off of the footage of it) but now that I've tried it out I see a lot of potential for this new special. It works in regards to distract enemies so you can splat them kind of like how you would use a sprinkler or a beacon. It's nice when you have a teammate around so they start to shoot it and you can cover some ground or splat someone very quickly. It takes a while for enemies to make it disappear so if you immediately follow with a bomb and a couple shots you can pop it in about a second.

I already use the Splattershot Pro so I'm used to the way the main weapon works and I found it useful to chuck the suction bombs across walls and cover ground for turf war. I don't really know how to use the suction bombs all that well so if anyone else has some good ways to use them I'd love to hear it.

Another great use for bubble blower that I found was to defend yourself and get away especially in a closed zone. I avoided getting sniped and getting surprise attacked by some other shooters so I could get away and come back to pop them. If anyone else found any great uses for the special like when to use it or how far into enemy territory to go to use them I'd like to see what you've got. These are my quick notes on the weapon for the 45 minutes it's been out on multiplayer. Thanks for reading I'd love to see what you have to say :)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I used it all night from the launch to the entire Splatfest. I was playing quad matches for fest, and...my team went 22-7. I was able to perform incredibly well with the weapon, alongside my teammates who complimented me very well.

The bubbles are obviously the point of interest, and I can't say for sure they are super amazing as a special, but I found fantastic uses for them. They are basically if the splash wall was made into a special, as I found it works great as a defensive tool. Put up all three bubbles in a big chokepoint, and your enemies will need to either pop them, or try to go around, where you can then catch them by surprise and take them out. The bubble's killing potential is a bit iffy. I got many kills with them tonight, but I can say using them with offense in mind is not the best way to use them. Defense and distraction is the name of the game with the bubbles for me, but maybe others can find more offensive uses for them.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Such a weird naming, the regular pro is more like a forge to my.:p

To the point: i'm not a big fan of the suction bomb on this.
Maybe because i'm used to the point sensor by now, but it just eats to much ink to fire a good cover after.
It may be good to hold enemy's back or get them out of cover behind solid objects and camping spots.
But i prefer to use the actual main weapon then, especially since its not the most ink efficient in the first place.

The blower though rocks on it, secures a area and overall holds enemy's back which compliments the main weapon well.
I don't think you should attempt to use this offensively though, especially if there are long range weapons on the enemy team.
Rather, you can get kills by zoning enemy's or surprise them by a sudden burst bubble.
Again i don't think you should try to effectively get kills though, but rather focus on the defensive side.

ElMoro995

Inkling
NNID
ElMoro995
Take in mind that you can splat your enemies by throwing your suction against a bubble. You'll hit the enemies who are trying to make the bubbles disappear if they are too close, and suction's big range will help in doing so

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Has anyone gotten the chance to test out bubble blower on inkjets? I got bubble blower right as someone got one and didn't think about it until afterwards. How many hits can it take? I think it would be a good distraction or possibly offense to the special as it goes through the air and you could try to block off vision from the inkjet and maybe pop it for a splat. I'd like to test this out but I haven't found any opportunities yet.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I used it all night from the launch to the entire Splatfest. I was playing quad matches for fest, and...my team went 22-7. I was able to perform incredibly well with the weapon, alongside my teammates who complimented me very well.

The bubbles are obviously the point of interest, and I can't say for sure they are super amazing as a special, but I found fantastic uses for them. They are basically if the splash wall was made into a special, as I found it works great as a defensive tool. Put up all three bubbles in a big chokepoint, and your enemies will need to either pop them, or try to go around, where you can then catch them by surprise and take them out. The bubble's killing potential is a bit iffy. I got many kills with them tonight, but I can say using them with offense in mind is not the best way to use them. Defense and distraction is the name of the game with the bubbles for me, but maybe others can find more offensive uses for them.
Many players often joked about adding in a "Splash Wall Rush" special in Splat 1, and now Nintendo made it a real thing.... well sort of. lol

I don't have much of an opinion on the Forge Pro yet since I spent most of my money on scrubbing gear and such, but from what I've seen from others the Forge Pro looks pretty nice and the Bubble Blower special feels like a pretty amazing zoning tool as well that works pretty well with the main weapon.

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
Its no berry pro but I love it regardless.

I've also found out special power up makes the bubbles massive. I think I'm gonna start working towards gear for big bubbles due to how huge the area inked is.

But so far, I'm really excited to see how well this does on tower control.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Its no berry pro but I love it regardless.

I've also found out special power up makes the bubbles massive. I think I'm gonna start working towards gear for big bubbles due to how huge the area inked is.

But so far, I'm really excited to see how well this does on tower control.
Does it also increase the explosion radius? Eitherway I'm definitely trying it with special power up!

EDIT: Just tested myself and here are the results!

As you can see, without any special power up the dummy couldn't be hit from there, but a bubble powered by 1 main 6 subs of Special Power Up is able to hit the same dummy from the same spot. Plus on top of that, the bubbles are larger and the ink spread from the explosions are larger. SPU is indeed really good on this special!

Last edited:

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
If that's correct, it bugs me how misleading the range of the bubbles explosion is in comparison to the ground they ink. Very similar to the splashdown's area of effect being larger than the area of its circle.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
If that's correct, it bugs me how misleading the range of the bubbles explosion is in comparison to the ground they ink. Very similar to the splashdown's area of effect being larger than the area of its circle.
"If that's correct?" What more proof do ya need? :L
Also every explosive's range goes beyond it's ink spread, though the ink spread does match the insta-kill range.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
For some reason my post keeps disappearing...

Anyway, at last a use for all those Special Power Up chunks. Although it would require quite a few to get a nice increase, it seems. Not exactly the best Main to get this Special with then, since I really need those Ink Saver Mains and Ink Recovery Ups with the Pro.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
For some reason my post keeps disappearing...

Anyway, at last a use for all those Special Power Up chunks. Although it would require quite a few to get a nice increase, it seems. Not exactly the best Main to get this Special with then, since I really need those Ink Saver Mains and Ink Recovery Ups with the Pro.
SPU is also pretty good with Ink Armor and Baller, though yeah this is probably the special it makes the biggest difference for. On top of the aforementioned SPU, I just use Comeback, an Ink Recovery main, and 3 swim speed subs. I think with time you can get used to a weapon's ink efficiency to the point where you don't need too much ink efficiency abilitys to perform effectively.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
SPU is also pretty good with Ink Armor and Baller, though yeah this is probably the special it makes the biggest difference for. On top of the aforementioned SPU, I just use Comeback, an Ink Recovery main, and 3 swim speed subs. I think with time you can get used to a weapon's ink efficiency to the point where you don't need too much ink efficiency abilitys to perform effectively.
I can work around the low ink efficiency, but I play very agressively, so it basically amounts to less time inking. Which means less points and being less able to deal with enemies. And this is already a weapon you won't get a lot of points with, which in the end of the day still determines what team wins. That means that giving up ink-related abilities is a lot for a relatively small increase in only your special, which you'll end up using only ~2 times a match. Still, it looks fun to have those big bubbles, so I might give it a try to see how I like it.

As for the Baller or Ink Armor. The Ink Armor adds some time, but not a lot. Even three main ability slots don't even add a third to the time. The Baller only adds health, and I can't remember the last time a lack of health on the Baller has been a problem for me. Now if it added health, time and blast range for the Baller, I would consider using it.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I can work around the low ink efficiency, but I play very agressively, so it basically amounts to less time inking. Which means less points and being less able to deal with enemies. And this is already a weapon you won't get a lot of points with, which in the end of the day still determines what team wins. That means that giving up ink-related abilities is a lot for a relatively small increase in only your special, which you'll end up using only ~2 times a match. Still, it looks fun to have those big bubbles, so I might give it a try to see how I like it.

As for the Baller or Ink Armor. The Ink Armor adds some time, but not a lot. Even three main ability slots don't even add a third to the time. The Baller only adds health, and I can't remember the last time a lack of health on the Baller has been a problem for me. Now if it added health, time and blast range for the Baller, I would consider using it.
Wait so even though you can work around the ink efficiency, you're still going to use slots on it? Wouldn't you rather use abilitys there is no work around for, for instance there's physically no other way to improve swim speed.

Also, even in turf war that's not really true, I've lost plenty of games despite having the most points. As for the Pro, it's not the best turfing weapon but it's not that bad at it either, I can get around 5 specials in a full 5 minute ranked battle. I think it's not the weapon and more your playstyle if you're only getting 2 specials a game.

I wasn't saying you have to use SPU on these specials (though it's highly recommended in Baller's case), just that these are the ones where SPU has significant effects thus can be worth using.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Wait so even though you can work around the ink efficiency, you're still going to use slots on it? Wouldn't you rather use abilitys there is no work around for, for instance there's physically no other way to improve swim speed.

Also, even in turf war that's not really true, I've lost plenty of games despite having the most points. As for the Pro, it's not the best turfing weapon but it's not that bad at it either, I can get around 5 specials in a full 5 minute ranked battle. I think it's not the weapon and more your playstyle if you're only getting 2 specials a game.

I wasn't saying you have to use SPU on these specials (though it's highly recommended in Baller's case), just that these are the ones where SPU has significant effects thus can be worth using.
I can work around it, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna have a much better time with some abilities that improve the efficiency. The thing is, one Ink Saver Main already has a very big and notable effect. Something I'm not quickly going to give up for a (IMO) small increase in speed or a slightly more durable Baller. Especially since, like I mentioned, the Baller's health has never been a problem for me. I've had a busted Baller maybe once or twice, and I play a lot of weapons with Ballers.

And in the average Turf War match, I get my special 2 or 3 times. I could get it more often, if it weren't for the fact that I need to use it at a good moment (so I'm walking around fully-charged for a short moment each match too). In contrast, my main weapon is being used pretty much the entire time. That means that Ink Saver has an effect the entire match. Bigger bubbles might be nice, but that's still a major sacrifice considering you need quite a few ability points alotted to SPU for it to have an effect.

But like I said, I play very agressively.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I can work around it, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna have a much better time with some abilities that improve the efficiency. The thing is, one Ink Saver Main already has a very big and notable effect. Something I'm not quickly going to give up for a (IMO) small increase in speed or a slightly more durable Baller. Especially since, like I mentioned, the Baller's health has never been a problem for me. I've had a busted Baller maybe once or twice, and I play a lot of weapons with Ballers.

And in the average Turf War match, I get my special 2 or 3 times. I could get it more often, if it weren't for the fact that I need to use it at a good moment (so I'm walking around fully-charged for a short moment each match too). In contrast, my main weapon is being used pretty much the entire time. That means that Ink Saver has an effect the entire match. Bigger bubbles might be nice, but that's still a major sacrifice considering you need quite a few ability points alotted to SPU for it to have an effect.

But like I said, I play very agressively.
It does mean you'll have abilities that aren't redundant and let you do things you wouldn't otherwise be able to. One main of ink saver main only gives the Pro like 4 extra shots, that's hardly a big n noticeable effect, especially when it's an effect you say you don't even need. Any other ability would be better honestly, but hey do whatever works for ya!

Also, you probably don't actually mean that last sentence in the 2nd paragraph exactly as you said it, but just in case, each ability point does have an effect. All stackable abilitys generally require you to stack them before they have a big effect.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It does mean you'll have abilities that aren't redundant and let you do things you wouldn't otherwise be able to. One main of ink saver main only gives the Pro like 4 extra shots, that's hardly a big n noticeable effect, especially when it's an effect you say you don't even need. Any other ability would be better honestly, but hey do whatever works for ya!

Also, you probably don't actually mean that last sentence in the 2nd paragraph exactly as you said it, but just in case, each ability point does have an effect. All stackable abilitys generally require you to stack them before they have a big effect.
Yeah, I didn't mean literally no effect, but to get a worthwile effect on the bubbles would mean you need at least, 20 or 30 points. IMO of course (and from what I have seen).

And it's not redundant to add more ISM. I said I could work around it, but that doesn't mean it has no effect. When I have 3 ISMs with the SSP, it adds almost 4 seconds to a tank, I believe. That is, again, an advantage for the entire duration of the match. Whereas the bubbles only affect the special. 4 extra seconds I get to use a crapload of times in a match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom