• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fresh Faces, Crossover Conundrum (Character Sheets)

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(If you're an OC or canon character from another universe): It's a peaceful day in your universe, though it seems that a new threat has arisen, creating portals under your feet leading to various places in the Splatoon universe. You fall in, and this unknown entity eventually takes over your universes without you knowing, defeating anyone who dares to stand up to them.

You wake up, dazed and confused as to where you are. Surprisingly, you are still in your original form, not having changed to fit this universe. Your memories are still intact, as well, though your abilities have been SEVERELY limited in an effort to fit in with the locals. Your job is to learn all you can about this new evil and how to defeat them, all the while learning about this strange new universe.

(If you're an OC or canon character from the Splatoon universe): You were doing some Turf Wars, ranked matches, Salmon Run shifts, in the Deepsea Metro, in Octo Canyon, etc., when you come across these strange creatures only spoken of in Splatfests, and they claim that they aren't from this universe. Your job is to help these odd individuals find a way back home, all the while helping them learn about your universe.

Character Sheets
(for those from another universe)
Name:
Universe:
Canon/OC:
Appearance:
Species:
Personality:
Bio:
Powers: (MUST be nerfed)
Other: (not required - delete if needed)

(for those from the Splatoon universe)
Name:
Universe: Splatoon
Canon/OC:
Ink Color: (if Inkling, Octoling, or a variation of the two based on other kinds of squid or octopi)
Appearance:
Species: (basically any species that we see in the games, though you may use your own if you want - this includes Inklings or Octolings based on other kinds of squid or octopi)
Personality:
Bio:
Other: (not required - delete if needed)

(Mods, is this allowed? If not, I'll delete it.)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

(I'll think of which characters I want to use for this RP once my mind is clear. Then I'll make the character sheets for both characters.)

Cephalobro

(So can I use one character from another universe and a character from the Splatoon universe at the same time?)

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(Yes, you can. Here's my example and form.)

Name: Kirby
Universe: Kirby (anime)
Canon/OC: Canon
Appearance:
Species: puffball
Personality: Kirby acts much like a small child, unable to speak in full sentences, instead repeating 'poyo'. The only other words he can muster are words he hears, people's names, the names of certain Copy Ability moves when using them, and the names of his favorite things, such as watermelons. Kirby is quite naïve, often wandering cluelessly into dangerous situations and as such, requires continuous supervision. Despite this, Kirby does have some self-awareness, and is generally able to understand what people say to him. He has a habit of mimicking others' emotional expressions, even if he doesn't understand the emotion in question. Kirby lives very much in-the-moment, lacking the ability to truly understand deception or to hold grudges. He only becomes angry when he's being attacked by a majū or other threat or is being directly insulted by someone else, though this anger quickly dissipates once the conflict ends. By contrast, Kirby also has a very good memory, and can be extremely persistent when given a task to complete. Most of the time, he has a cheery disposition, and will stop to help or save someone in need. Kirby's personality shifts depending on what form he takes. If he's in his normal form without a Copy Ability, he'll run away from pursuing majū and other threats. Upon gaining an ability, however, he becomes bold and determined, and will fight head-on so long as it is clear that he can actually best his opponent. Kirby acts obliviously unless he or someone else is faced with a dangerous situation, wherein he will tap into his inborn talents and step in to defend himself and others.
Bio: Kirby is an infant hoshi no senshi (Star Warrior) who was called upon to protect Pupu Village (Cappy Town) from the majū (demon beasts) summoned by King Dedede. Despite his childish demeanor, Kirby is capable of obtaining Copy Abilities, which he uses with immense power in order to save the day time and time again. As his journey to hone his skills continued, Kirby gradually became more adept at using his powers, eventually taking down Nightmare himself using the Star Rod.

With Nightmare defeated, the galaxy was saved... but a portal appeared under Kirby's feet, and he arrived in this strange world from across the known universe. Fumu, noticing this, called for the Warp Star, and it flew into the portal just before it closed.
Powers: Inhale (now akin to Kirby's regular Inhale from the games); Copy Ability (the attacks aren't as strong as they usually are)
Other: Kirby can still use Copy Abilities, though he can only get them by inhaling something with the ability he needs; he still has the Warp Star, though now it can't recover if it's damaged; whenever Kirby gets barraged with attacks one after the other, he turns teal, as does the Warp Star, which flashes periodically; the Warp Star also turns teal when it's damaged

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Name: Kyurem

Universe: Pokemon (Game)

Canon/OC: Canon

Appearance: Black Kyurem (normal, not shiny)

Species: Boundary Pokemon

Personality: Prefers to stay neutral in a battle but won't hesitate to fight against evil.

Bio: Kyurem was once a greater Pokemon often referred to as the "Original Dragon" by humans, used to be one with both Reshiram and Zekrom, but the fight between two brothers who found Unova forced the Pokemon to split apart long ago. However, Kyurem managed to use the DNA Splicers to fuse with Zekrom and is now planning a way to also fuse with Reshiram while still having Zekrom's powers. The plan was interrupted when a portal forcefully pulled Kyurem inside. On the other side of the portal was an urban world like much of Unova, but instead of humans and Pokemon, it had strange creatures Kyurem has never seen before.

Powers: Fusion Bolt gives a weaker electric shock once the move hits and the hit itself is also weaker, Freeze Shock is a lot less cold when it hits and the electric shock from the move is weaker too, the hit is also weaker. Both Dragon Claw and Dragon Pulse hit for less damage.

Other: Kyurem secretly holds a Wide Lens, the spikes are actually wires that connect to the tail for Kyurem to use Fusion Bolt and Freeze Shock.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

(I will have another character sheet ready once I choose which Splatoon OC of mine I will use for this RP.)

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(Do you think we should wait and see if anyone else would like to join, or should we make this a 1x1?)

Cephalobro

Name: Coral

Universe: Splatoon

Canon/OC: OC

Ink Color: Yellow

Appearance: Coral wears a White Anchor Tee, leggings and Zombie Hi-horses, his hairstyle is a version of the Topknot, except that two of his tentacles rest on his head rather than all four of them being tied up.

Species: Octoling (also a Ringed Octoling)

Personality: Coral is a very friendly Octoling willing to help others when they need help. He is very innocent despite fighting in an actual war.

Bio: He is actually 2 years younger than his Octotrooper brother Clam. Coral and Clam lost their parents when they were younger as Octo Valley was falling apart. He was in Inkopolis Square getting ready for a Turf War match when he saw portals from unknown worlds open out of thin air and unexpectedly.

Other: Coral has an Octoling girlfriend called Kelp. Coral uses his Octo Shot as his main weapon, the Splat Bomb as his sub weapon, and the Inkjet as his special weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom