• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Fresh Faces, Crossover Conundrum (IC)

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(If you're an OC or canon character from another universe): It's a peaceful day in your universe, though it seems that a new threat has arisen, creating portals under your feet leading to various places in the Splatoon universe. You fall in, and this unknown entity eventually takes over your universes without you knowing, defeating anyone who dares to stand up to them.

You wake up, dazed and confused as to where you are. Surprisingly, you are still in your original form, not having changed to fit this universe. Your memories are still intact, as well, though your abilities have been SEVERELY limited in an effort to fit in with the locals. Your job is to learn all you can about this new evil and how to defeat them, all the while learning about this strange new universe.

(If you're an OC or canon character from the Splatoon universe): You were doing some Turf Wars, ranked matches, Salmon Run shifts, in the Deepsea Metro, in Octo Canyon, etc., when you come across these strange creatures only spoken of in Splatfests, and they claim that they aren't from this universe. Your job is to help these odd individuals find a way back home, all the while helping them learn about your universe.

Kirby wakes up, not knowing where he is or what everything is, though... he does remember a portal appearing under his feet and falling into this strange new world. Maybe one of these strange creatures can help. He gets up and walks around, hoping he can find help.

Cephalobro

Kyurem wakes up in what looks like a city, except its inhabitants look too different to him. To prevent any suspicion, he decides not to fly, so instead looks for help on foot. Kyurem remembers being forced through a portal against his own will.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral checks the time on his phone, not knowing that today would be one of the days where he would encounter unusualness.

"Good, still have some time for Turf War." Coral affirms.

Right after checking his phone, he noticed a portal that has opened to another world, then closed.

"That's weird, I hope it doesn't bring danger to everyone." Coral thinks.

This was when he saw two creatures coming out of two separate portals. The first one he saw was completely spherical except for nubby arms and what looks like to be a pair of shoes. The creature in question was also completely pink, with darker pink cheek spots and the 'shoes' being the same color as those spots, the eyes and mouth were very simple.

The second one was a strange cyborg dragon that had frozen parts, strangely, the dragon had an asymmetrical appearance and an underbite. The tail looked like half of an energy generator with four holes, there are spikes on the dragon's wing parts and the eyes of the dragon are yellow.

"I think I should help these guys return home." Coral says in his mind, walking over to the puffball creature first. "Hey little guy!"

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Kirby sees the strange creature after they walk over to him, waving hello. "Kābī!" [Kirby!] the pink hero happily introduces himself, pointing to himself.

(Also, if you didn't know, the 'shoes' are Kirby's feet, not actually shoes)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

(I know, I was just RPing with the unknown factor in mind.)

"Ah, I saw many portals open up, do you come from another world? Did you fall from the sky?" Coral asks the puffball creature.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Kirby nods in response to the creature's question about if he came from another world, using his 'poyo language' in an attempt to explain this. He doesn't know if the alien can understand what he's trying to say, but he still tries.

Cephalobro

Meanwhile, Kyurem sees a pink creature that definitely stands out among the rest talking to what looks like an inhabitant of the city. Assuming the pink puffball is also from another world, Kyurem goes to meet the two, hoping they can help him.

Coral sees the cyborg dragon coming over in his direction, maybe this dragon is friendly.

"Hey, what's up man?" Coral asks the dragon in an attempt to keep it calm.

"Bazakyurom?" Kyurem asks the inhabitant who talked to him. The voice is a deep, but slightly raspy voice due to Kyurem still missing a piece of himself.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(Oh, it's saying "Black Kyurem", like how Pokémon say their names in the anime. ...I thought Kyurem could speak telepathically, at least in Kyurem VS the Sacred Swordsman, Keldeo. (English title: Kyurem VS the Sword of Justice))

Cephalobro

(I'm mainly taking cues from the Pokemon games, but I will do the telepath too.)

"I can't understand what you just asked me." Coral can't understand what Kyurem has asked.

"I asked if you can help me return home." Kyurem speaks telepathically.

"How did you speak without moving your mouth?!" Coral asks, a little confused.

Cephalobro

(Also, Kyurem did have a text box saying "Bazakyurom" in some way in Pokemon Black 2 as a Pokemon that you can only defeat, but can be acquired in the post-game when you fuse it with Zekrom after catching its base form.)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral manages to calm down enough to talk to Kyurem.

"Okay, so just like this pink puffball here with me, I will call him Kirby since that's what I heard roughly. You have arrived in this world from a portal because I saw you emerging from one, is that correct?" Coral asks Kyurem.

"That is correct, and please, call me Kyurem. I will tell you more about my world later, but for now, I need you to help me return to it." Kyurem confirms.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Kirby seems scared of Kyurem, thinking it's a majū. The pink puffball runs away from it, panicking.

Cephalobro

Coral sees Kirby running away.

"Hey, wait! No need to be scared! We can help you return to your world!" Coral yells to Kirby.

"I'll handle this." Kyurem says as he takes a little bit of flight and lands in front of Kirby to talk to him. "I don't know why you're running away, but we must work together if we are to leave this world."

Cephalobro

Coral walks up to the two.

"Okay, so I need to know the basics of how a portal from your worlds to this one was created. Because I don't know how to actually create one, but I do know who actually might know." Coral explains to the two.

"In my world, there are Pokemon who can create portals, but I don't think any of them created a portal that directly connected my world to yours. Also, I do not have the capabilities of creating portals myself, if I did, I would've returned to my world without asking for help." Kyurem explains.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"Kyuremu..." [Kyurem...] Kirby says in thought, repeating the name he's heard. He soon raises his stubby arms up in the air in a shrugging motion when the unknown creature asks about the portals. He doesn't know how to explain everything. He attempts to explain via his 'poyo language', of course.

Cephalobro

Coral gets an idea on how to help the two creatures that came from other worlds.

"I'll get in touch with some scientists back at my neighborhood and see if they have the equipment necessary to create a portal back to your worlds." Coral promises, then calls the lab in the neighborhood. "Hello Octo Lab. I have a huge favor to ask of you. Oh you're wondering what it is, well, I request that you find a way to create portals, two beings from other worlds were forced to be here and I'm trying to help them get back home. Uhuh, okay we'll be in touch." Coral then hangs up the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom