• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Freshest New Squid on the Block

Multistorm

Inkling
I actually highly doubt that's true.

Anyways, I am new to Squidboards and the Splatoon community. I don't have a Wii U or Splatoon, but I've played a little bit here and there. The Switch trailer got me really excited for *the possible but highly anticipated* Spla2oon. I want to jump in with everyone when the Switch arrives, but in the meantime, what should I do? I don't currently have a job but need to get one so I can but the Switch. I also slightly doubt Spla2oon will be a launch title since it's still up in the air whether it will be a real thing or not, but a lot can happen in 5 months. When I get a job, should I get a Wii U and a copy of Splatoon to practice, or should I wait?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Welcome! I'd recommend holding out for the Switch, since the Wii U is mostly dead at this point and it seems they are marketing it a lot towards people who skipped out on the Wii U. From certain sources it seems that it's actually an enhanced port rather than a sequel. If this is true (or whether it remains true throughout development) it's also unknown whether the Wii U version would get the new features.

Plus, they seem to be marketing most of the eSports focus of the game on the NS, so you're better off just saving up. To be honest, I do think it's going to be a launch title. The Wii U was a pretty big disaster early on and didn't really have a lot of games, I don't think they'd want to make that mistake again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom