• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Friendly greetings SpLaT NaTiOn!!! Please read, it's a cool little story.

Captain Carp

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6841-0207-6321
Seriously thank you for clicking, I really do appreciate your open-mindedness and curiosity :)

Brand new to the forum, and come from a very different background than most of you probably do - first off, I'm kind old... currently 33, but hey there hang on a minute hear me out... I've grown up playing HOURS of the original Doom series for PC (Doom 2, etc), and in the mid-90's, I continued onward playing the hell out of Goldeneye 64, which is a game I still hold near and dear to my heart - both games very much considered breakthrough as far as shooters^ and then guess what happened... I went into high school and all of a sudden I felt like I was too cool to play video games... sad right?

Although I had stepped away from all games for nearly 10-15 years, I still had a special place in my heart for games since I essentially grew up with Nintendo being lucky enough to be born in 1987. Low and behold, summer of 2013, my buddy is getting rid of a BUNCH of old games for a variety of consoles, and one game jumped out at me, as I had never had a chance to play it as a kid - LoZ Ocarina Of Time, and holy crap was my video game flame re-kindled. I not only starting playing games daily again, but went on to go after every single Zelda title I could find.

Where I'm going with this is, I went from growing up playing some of the most breakthrough shooters, to completely walking away from games all together, to falling madly in love with video games all over again in 2013, and now fast forward to the Breath of the Wild Era. Hey by the way, did anyone else happen to see the Nintendo Treehouse event for Breath of the Wild? (I think it was a treehouse event but correct me if I'm wrong) Anyone else recall another game that was tucked away within Nintendo's announcements? I'll never forget, it was none other than Splatoon.

I remember sitting in my chair waiting for Breath of the Wild news, and seeing a trailer for Splatoon, and genuinely thinking to myself "Wow that actually looks like a lot of fun".
(remember my background in playing shooters noted above)

Finally, Summer of 2017, I already own BotW but want to add to my Wii U collection. I'm poking around in the recycled game store... and there it is again... it's that same game that I looked at differently than all the other games, it's Splatoon, and it's only $20...

If I would have known how much my life would change after picking up this game, I'd be mildly startled. Like most, it was a slow start learning the game mechanics, and the different level, but I went on to play ridiculous amounts of Splatoon, finally arriving at the conclusion that I need to just buy a Switch so that I can play Splatoon 2, which is exactly what I did in Fall of 2019.

One important piece to the story is my career choice - I've been a Registered Nurse for almost 4 years now, and went on to play OBSESSIVE amounts of Splatoon during the pandemic. For me, there was no better way to take my mind off the brutality of being at the hospital then submerging myself in the ink between shifts.

I'm like you guys, I absolutely freaking LOOOOOOOOOOVE Splatoon. On my days off, I'll wake up around 6am-7am, and play Splatoon for at least 2 rotations, sometimes more depending on what ever I have going on that day. And then obviously if it's calling me later on in the evening I'll absolutely hop back in the ink.

Anyways, the reason why I'm finally contributing to the Squidboards forum, is being just yesterday, I had finally achieved the Quad X rank, which I'm sure around these parts isn't a big deal, but definitely nice to see the hours you put into the game finally pay off by ranking yourself amongst other people who also REALLY love the game. I never started playing Splatoon to be competitive or to win, it has always been about having fun, and the Quad X just sorta happened on it's own. This isn't a brag on my part, but I figured it would be a great way to show the Splat community how much you love this game by showing your dedication towards the game, as well as nothing but respect for all of you guys who also love this game.

I'm not sure how active I'm going to be on the forum - I really don't know. All I know is, for how much I love this game, I might as well make friends with you guys and get involved with the community.

Last thing I'll mention, I literally have zero friends that play Splatoon at the level that we do, I say "we" referring to you guys as well as myself. For that, I would love to meet some of you guys, and when Splatoon events are live again, I definitely plan on doing a fair bit of traveling to be around the Splat Scene as much as possible.

I think that's it for now. I love to joke around and consider myself having a great sense of humor so lets let the good times roll!

Cheers to you Splat Nation!!!
Splat Tag.PNG

LunaSea

Inkling
Hey, welcome, Squiddo! I’m new to this forum myself as well, but I’ve at least been here for a few weeks or days.

This ain’t very active as much as it was originally was apparently, but hopefully that’ll change when Splat3 comes out.

Either way hopefully you’ll enjoy your time here! 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom