• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Future buffs and nerfs

Totally not a salad

Inkster Jr.
Since i'm the one who started this

this is a pretty odvious one but,i want all the gals to be nerfed,and everyone knows why.

for buffs,i want the sloshing machine to be buffed,because while i main the sloshing machine i can't help but feel that it could be better.

Now how would i buff it? simple,i would increase the range for the cost of a little bit of it's firing speed and change the arc to be straighter to accommodate the range

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
I can agree with the sloshing machine receiving a buff, inkbrush should have slightly higher damage output

Inkling_Han025

Inkling
NNID
jeanw236
I have to agree, the .gals need to be nerfed a bit more, maybe the Rollers too since they still seem a little overpowered.
I'm not sure what I'd want buffed though, since I mostly use the E-Liter and I'm cool with how it is now....maybe reduce ink consumption just a smidgen though...?

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
People who complain about Gals in general seem to forget that only half of them (namely, the ones with Splash Walls) are actually seen regularly. The .52 Deco and the original .96 are quite rare (at least in S and S+ lobbies), and I don't see a need to nerf them.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Im not sure you need to nerf the gals bc they're accuracy is already horrendous, the gals with no walls are honestly balanced weapons.

-Rework the Splash Wall so that it's more about defense rather a tool to use in offense (I hope that makes sense)
-Ink Mines need to go off quicker or something, right now they're pretty flashes.
-Seekers need faster movement and less ink usage (it's baffling how they need more ink than walls)
-More range for the Hydra and Sloshing Machine., especially the later.

Most weapons in general though don't need much except maybe give the Aerospray and Inkbrush more range or something, but a lot of weapons are good for their kits and the same can be said about bad weapons (e.g Gals are average but with walls they're amazing; and then there's Aerospray RG and Inkbrush with the most useless kits in the game). Since NIntendo probably won't actually swap out subs and specials from weapons I don't think much will (or needs) to change.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
At this point in Splatoon's life I feel like they've gotten all of the heavy nerfs out of the way and don't need to nerf anything further as they're balanced as is. Arguments for buffs on the other hand are fair game as some weapons are either really really bad or way too niche for any serious usage.

Specific buffs like ink brush range and damage output, H-3 less lag after each burst fire would be welcome. Maybe even buff the ability ink saver (sub). I'm sure there are plenty of other things that could use a tiny boost to make them so much better and actually worthwhile.

Bowrock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
N.Bowrock
E-liter needs to be nerfed. Going against a sniper in close combat and losing should not happen almost every time. I suggest they A. take burst bombs away B. damage up no longer affects chargers. With other weapons damage up merely counters the defence up ability, but chargers get an shorter charge time. It also makes burst bombs major annoyance.

shiyongyi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jaddasbranch
Rebuff (Un-nerf?) the carbon and splat rollers.

The Dynamo definitely needed the nerf. You have a strong inking weapon, mid range-ish (in the S+ meta) that ohkos at a good distance. It is good at inking for itself.

The carbon and splat rollers rely heavily on having a lot of ink for them to swim around in to sneak around. If a splat roller is caught before they can kill someone, they are probably dead, due to their short range. This especially prevalent after the nerf. The sourspot is incredibly inconsistent to the point it's just frustrating. It weakened the weapon imo. Sourspotting on krak-on hurts me as much as whiffing a shot on eliter.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Buff ink saver sub...3 mains should let you throw another burst bomb.

Ink mine could use a buff. Not sure exactly what, but maybe have it go off when you place another.

Inkstrike should have a shorter end-animation. You should be able to go into squid form pretty shortly after striking. The special is pretty weak already, why make it so that you are so vulnerable afterward.

I second buffing seekers so that they use less ink.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
ink mines could use a big buff. like increase the amount you can place, its range, possibly making it remote... etc...

ninja squid (or give slow swimming a slight wake so it's not pretty much useless).

ink saver sub feels like it does nothing. might as well just to do "ink recovery up" and support both your sub AND main.

ink walls could have more lag before shooting... or be more destructable. idk, it's kind of ridiculous how strong they are? though not anywhere near how they used to be.

i personally think bubbler and kraken could both use a simultaneous buff & nerf. everyone focuses on the shooters that use this, but they ignore the other weapons that have really suffered from the nerfs these have gone through. i think they should be a little less pushable but have a longer startup time (similar to inkzooka). that would make them less of a deus ex machina reversal while retaining the root of their power.

squiffer needs more range. now that the bamboozler is here, the squiffer is extra disadvantaged. well... it already was since you could charge just as fast as it on the other chargers when you added enough damage ups (i think that damage ups shouldn't work on chargers outside of countering defense ups), only the other chargers come with better subs.

why do seekers use that much ink? they aren't good enough for that insane amount of ink usage.

inkstrike is kinda terrible. there's an amazing amount of lag despite this very rarely killing anyone and being promptly coverable in half a second. honestly you could probably ink more ground than that in the time it takes you to shoot it and move.

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
I have to agree, the .gals need to be nerfed a bit more, maybe the Rollers too since they still seem a little overpowered.
I'm not sure what I'd want buffed though, since I mostly use the E-Liter and I'm cool with how it is now....maybe reduce ink consumption just a smidgen though...?
Yeah, let's make rollers a 2 hit kill from point blank range. While we're at it, let's nerf the kraken a bit more too. Make it swim at disruptor'd speed and also a 2 hit kill. Oh, and it can only jump once before turning back into an inkling. Actually, let's make it so that the instant you turn into a kraken, you explode in enemy ink.

Totally not a salad

Inkster Jr.
Well then... If you can deal with them the same way as any other weapon, then why would they need to be nerfed?
would you run just run up to a charger that has you in his sights?would you run just run up to splattershot jr who has a bubbler ready?would you run just run up to someone while you're being echolocated?you need to be careful when you facing other players head-on.that's why you need look for a different angle to take them out without dying or trading with them.every weapon has it's strength and weaknesses and some weapons are better at closerange,but that doesn't mean you can expert to win every closerange fight with a long range weapon.yeah you'll problably win most of those closerange fight's,but there are some players out there that know how to deal with those problems and know to take them out.

so the moral of the story is,every weapon is different and useful in there own ways.

and that the luna blaster needs to be nerfed BECAUSE I CAN'T STAND THOSE THINGS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom