• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Future Maps Wish List

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
So we know we'll be getting new maps quite a while after release, but what kinds of maps do you guys want to play on in the future? Maps are a big part of competitive play, so are there any kinds you want to see specifically?

Maybe link to a similar map in another Shooter game to give us an idea of what you want, or of course you can simply describe it.

FatReuniclus

Full Squid
NNID
Sillykola
- A map that is clearly in the sky. Maybe on an airship.
- An amusement park. I feel like I heard this from somebody else, but I really like the idea.
- A subway.
- Some place at night.
- A huge tower with many balconies.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
Oh dude a Subway one is a must! I love Super Bell Subway in Mario Kart 8, something about Subways are just so cool to me.

I'd like to see one on top of some skyscrapers, with ink lines between them or other platforms that help you get across.

One in a rave would be neat too, maybe with Callie and Marie playing.

Cynlet

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Guantcynlet
- An amusement park. I feel like I heard this from somebody else, but I really like the idea.
- A subway.
- Some place at night.
^^^Basically a big portion of my list....
-A Show stage with Marie and Callie standing on the side

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
A stage based on Donkey Kong Country. Maybe something like Sticky Situation from DKCR. That black tar be sticky.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
A park would be cool, with urban and grassy areas, we know grass can work, the single player has trees n stuff so yeah.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Favorite map ideas based on include:
Subway like others mentioned.
Beach/Beach Resort
Cruise liner
Volcano Tropical area

Of course maps based on other nintendo franchises would be cool.

I'm personally hoping for Kirby, Pikmin, and Animal crossing.

For Kirby, it'll probably be Green Greens, while Pikmin would be Garden of Hope. Animal crossing could do something either with the Town or Main Street.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If there is ever a Kirby map in Splatoon, Ado/Adeleine needs to make a cameo.

As for non cross-over maps, something like Team Fortress 2's 5Gorge could be interesting. Maybe.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Rooftops, Abandoned zoo or amusement park, haunted mansion/graveyard-esque level, an aquarium would be interesting, a shipyard with docks, mine shaft, power plant, those nuclear test sites with the houses painted bright colors in the middle of a desert, star observatory, museum, train station, airport, sewers, hedge maze & garden, sculpture park, art gallery, A cliff with a bunch of ledges for a really vertical battlefield, a raceway or roadway/parking lot, A multiple tiered level on like three different stories of an office building, Savannah, stadium, a map divided in the middle by a river with several Bridges or way to jump over it, suburban area with houses and yards, a canyon, etc. There is a lot that would be really interesting to see.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
- A subway.
- Some place at night.
A tower with balconies would be really interesting. Maybe have them be grates and layered on top of each other for a quick way down a floor, but if you don't change back on time, you will fall to your death.

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
I'd be interested to see what would happen in a map where both teams start at the center of a relatively narrow map, so you'd have to push past your opponents onto their side while goaltending your own.

Gis4Gamer

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Gis4Gamer
I do not think they are going to make a map with any sort of roof over a majority of it because of the rocket super weapon. It would look weird if the rocket flew through the roof. So the subway, although extremely cool, probably won't happen.

- A map with two spawn points for each team.
- A city block.
- A beach.
- A trainyard.
- A theme park.
- A parking lot.
- A construction site.

NormalBear

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NormalB3ar
First off, obviously a map based off Ricco Harbor.

But the second one I can think of is a Pier and beach area that could be a combination of Venice Beach and Santa Monica. Mine isn't as out there because the live event for Splatoon, is being held at Santa Monica Pier. ;)

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I do not think they are going to make a map with any sort of roof over a majority of it because of the rocket super weapon. It would look weird if the rocket flew through the roof. So the subway, although extremely cool, probably won't happen.

- A map with two spawn points for each team.
- A city block.
- A beach.
- A trainyard.
- A theme park.
- A parking lot.
- A construction site.
That's true as well as it would mess with the super jump ability as well. Completely forgot about that..

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
No crossover maps, please ( ;_; )

Just my opinion, of course. I really want Splatoon to stand on its own two feet. I know Nintendo's going crazy with the MK8 crossovers but not everything should have crossovers.

But I'm liking some of the ideas here. I'll first say that I don't know how a beach would work. Covering the sand with ink? Might look a bit strange. Some I do like:

1. a suburban area with houses and yards (courtesy DonkaFjord, above): it fits with the game's motif and would be a fun and interesting locale
2. an amusement park (as some have said): when has anyone ever gone wrong with an amusement park level?
3. I like the idea of a cruise liner (courtesy WaifuRaccoonBL, above), too

And yeah, no roofs, between the rocket and the super jump.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't see how crossover maps prevent Splatoon of standing on its own various tentacles. That said, I don't think we are getting crossover maps, but wishing for them doesn't hurt.

DingDongMcDork

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DingDong
Doesn't the Wharehouse have a really high roof? Port Mackerel also has one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom