• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Game Mode Idea: Boss Time Attack/Rush Mode

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So seeing as there are bosses in this game, how would everyone feel about a boss rush mode? Do you think it is likely?

For those who don't know, boss rushes are where you face one boss after another usually with only one life. Also usually with a timer.

As a Kirby fan who has been through the arena modes countless times, I myself would love to see it.

What I wouldn't like to see is a boss rush thrown into the main campaign for the sake of padding before the final boss, but as another mode it would be great to me.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
So seeing as there are bosses in this game, how would everyone feel about a boss rush mode? Do you think it is likely?

For those who don't know, boss rushes are where you face one boss after another usually with only one life. Also usually with a timer.

As a Kirby fan who has been through the arena modes countless times, I myself would love to see it.

What I wouldn't like to see is a boss rush thrown into the main campaign for the sake of padding before the final boss, but as another mode it would be great to me.
This is a great idea. The boss designs look really interesting so far, and it'd be interesting to have a boss rush within this game.
Maybe there'll be a secret area in the main campaign that will give you access to boss rush mode?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This definitely sounds really cool! If this were in the game I'm sure like 90% of my time would go to just playing this, haha. ^^;

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I wonder if there would be a reward for completing the boss rush? It might just be a time trial type deal though.

I also doubt they would pull a Kirby and have the true final boss only in the boss rush. Wouldn't even make much sense in that context.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Certainly! You can easily reward players with gold or just straight-up give them some items for multiplayer if they complete these modes. Gold would probably be more fair, that way unique items aren't blocked off from players that can't pass the mode or just don't want to do it. Unless the item rewards are randomized, that is. It's a nice bonus to me though. I'm usually only a fan of them half of the time, but if it gets me something nice, I'll do it for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom