• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Game modes and elements you want in Splatoon :)

Sigakure

Inkster Jr.
NNID
martinengo
I make this thread so we all can comment and give our opinions about things we would like to see on Splatoon in the future.

1. More maps (confirmed)
2. More weapons (confirmed)
3. More gear desings (very likely?)

----

MY OPINION

1. Race with obstacles, even if it's 4 players in a same match instead of 4. It could be on different "rows", so every use has to deal with the same obstacles, the one who gets first, wins, followed by second, third and fourth. (It would be cool to have world record time as well, a ranking for each map)

2. Free for all combat mode, every kill 2 points, every death -1 point. (or 1-1)

3. Team mode with following the same, by killing instead of filling the map with ink.

4. A harder campaing mode but playable co-op, either online with another user, or offline/local mode.

5. Waves mode, every round becomes harder, with different mobs, every X amount of "rounds" you would fight a more powered boss of the game. I would rather not limit on the rounds, or at least 99. :)

So far these are my ideas, and what I consider would be great for splatoon.

Share your opinions here!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
There are similar threads on the forums, but definitely something along the lines of CTF.

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
I would really like to see a 4 to 6-man free-for-all turf war that's available for local multiplayer. The lack of true things to do in local multiplayer is the only thing I wish was changed in this game, and that would do it nicely.

Also, *insert obligatory Mario Sunshine DLC wish here*.

Glottis

Inkster Jr.
As far as gear goes, i'd like more separate parts, but that won't happen until a potential sequel.

- I'd like a slot for backpacks and other back gear.
- A slot for pants. The Inklings running around in biker shorts while wearing a jacket looks a little weird. And would simply be nice with some other options.
- Splitting up Head slot into Head and Eyes. I hate it in games when i can't wear glasses and a hat at the same time :(. And yet developers do this all the time!

I get that even in a sequel this would be unlikely, since it'll add up to 6 slots, and Nintendo is all about simplicity.
But you asked what elements i'd like, not what i'd expect ;)

Alexandoop

Inkling
NNID
TheUltraDeino
What if there's a 4 player co-op tower defence mode where you guys have to fend off against waves of octarians/octolings to protect your zapfish?

Also maybe something along the lines as invasion from halo where a team plays as the octolings and tries to take control of mini splatzones by the inklings scattered across the map?

Finally, how about a mode where 2 teams duke it out to see who can kill the most octarians/octolings roaming around the map?

Also if they do make a ctf mode, it's definitely gonna use the zapfish as flags

Sigakure

Inkster Jr.
NNID
martinengo
Thank you all for sharing your opinion. :)

I read some really good ideas, especially the tower defence mode, I really liked that XD, I hope Splatoon try to listen to the community. So far, this game is really good, but it's too limitated (I know little by little it will change)

Twilord

Senior Squid
NNID
Twilord
I really like your idea for a race; I feel like it'd be ideal in teams of two. It'd probably work best that way because it'd become a bit of a relay-race as you kept passing each other using each other's ink.

Divade

Inkling
A race mode sounds awesome.
When i hear co-op story I think portal, then i imagine creating your team mates path and they create yours. :):):)
My biggest complaint about the game (besides voice chat) is we can't change equipment between rounds, I have to back out it I'm sniping and i see no one is covering our base (I would then switch to roller).
Some kind of medal system would be cool (yes like halo). roller smashes, snipes, rolling riot. effecient bomber, or even negative names like bomber fingers.

GamemasterTom

Full Squid
NNID
GM-Tom
A "Inkers vs Cleaners" mode, one team must ink all the turf they can, the other team must clean it.

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
I want a 7v1 mode like Juggernaut in halo. Maybe someone could use the machine the last boss has? Constant killer wails and shooting stuff. Defeat him to become the "juggernaut"

Sigakure

Inkster Jr.
NNID
martinengo
I want a 7v1 mode like Juggernaut in halo. Maybe someone could use the machine the last boss has? Constant killer wails and shooting stuff. Defeat him to become the "juggernaut"
Great idea :D

Pink♡Ink☆RAVE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
StrawberryGynoid
Hmmmm, I was thinking of a special gauge item. One that would let you go really fast. And would let you go up half-pipes and things like you could on a skateboarding video game.

But really I just want a skateboard in general. It seems like such a waste to have a skatepark, but no skateboard.

A game mode sounds like a whole lot of fun, too. Especially if they took the time to program in skateboarding mechanics.

Divade

Inkling
A "Inkers vs Cleaners" mode, one team must ink all the turf they can, the other team must clean it.
I don't really know how that would be different then the current mode, it would still be about who had more turf, I could only see an offense defense situation with new "cleaning" weapons and an even number of rounds.

Njok

Bouncer
I don't really know how that would be different then the current mode, it would still be about who had more turf, I could only see an offense defense situation with new "cleaning" weapons and an even number of rounds.
How about making this a 3 vs 1 match. The map starts off completely inked. Put Mario in there with a FLUDD and the goal is killing Mario before he cleans like 50% of the map. Obv give Mario some awesome abilities like 100% ink resistance or something to make it a fair match.

Just dreaming out loud...

GrumpyTanner

Inkling
NNID
Cennybunz
It kind of defeats the purpose of the game to add in a mode where you HAVE to kill someone. I like the ideas but I'll pass on the ones where the target is another player and not ink related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom