• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Gear, Brands, and You! (Part 2)

Gear Gear, Brands, and You! (Part 2)

NNID
Strawberrium
NuclearStrawberry submitted a new guide:

Gear, Brands, and You! (Part 2) - Abilities Galore!

Hello there squiddos, NuclearStrawberry here giving you the finale to this two-part guide series talking about gear and their relation with the diferent in-game brands so you can stay fresh without having to sacrifice power. This part will be discussing abilities and how to optimize them to YOU; the real meat of gear itself.

Well then, grab a seat you squids out there because class is in session!

If you haven't read Part 1 I recommend that you read that before this so that we brush...
Read more about this guide...

Njok

Bouncer
Nice guide again.

I hope i don't annoy you :P but there are a few errors in it:

1. Ninja squid is exclusive to clothes, not shoes.
2. Last ditch effort affects ink effinciency instead of speed.
3. Ninja squid has a 10% penalty on speed after the nerf.
4. The splatfest tee does have a brand. The last one was from Squidforce (for EU). Can't remember the first one.

NNID
Strawberrium
Nice guide again.

I hope i don't annoy you :p but there are a few errors in it:

1. Ninja squid is exclusive to clothes, not shoes.
2. Last ditch effort affects ink effinciency instead of speed.
3. Ninja squid has a 10% penalty on speed after the nerf.
4. The splatfest tee does have a brand. The last one was from Squidforce (for EU). Can't remember the first one.
I do apologize for the errors, the part with ninja squid was a typo that I did not see right away. (plus I was trying to multitask while writing this, probably won't ever do that again). I will closely proofread my guides before posting them next time, and have a cup of coffee nearby. Thank you so much! After all, the best way to learn is through mistakes! The guide has been updated.

Last edited:

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Under the Main Abilities sub title, it says "Main abilities will often always have stronger buffs than....", you don't need the often there.

It might be useful to add something about how Recon can significantly help when deciding whether or not to super jump.

For the Last Ditch effort, the power only says it "Boosts ink recovery rate and weapon ink efficiency for the last 30 seconds to battle". Unless I am mistaken, it doesn't have a swim/run speed buff.

Otherwise, really good guide. It's clear, and simple to understand-great for people trying to understand how gear should be used.

NNID
Strawberrium
Under the Main Abilities sub title, it says "Main abilities will often always have stronger buffs than....", you don't need the often there.

It might be useful to add something about how Recon can significantly help when deciding whether or not to super jump.

For the Last Ditch effort, the power only says it "Boosts ink recovery rate and weapon ink efficiency for the last 30 seconds to battle". Unless I am mistaken, it doesn't have a swim/run speed buff.

Otherwise, really good guide. It's clear, and simple to understand-great for people trying to understand how gear should be used.
I see what you mean. Last Ditch Effort and Opening Gambit are very similar abilities that I wound up fusing them together when they're still two different effects. Opening Gambit is the ability with movement buffs rather than Last Ditch Effort. I hinted at the helpfulness of Recon when deciding when to super jump, but I should have clarified on that more. Thank you for bringing these to my attention, I have revised what needed revision.

Reactions: 1o2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom