• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Gear Exchanging Thread

CM86

Pro Squid
Hey all. I looked pretty thoroughly in the Splatoon 2 threads to make sure the topic I have here was not hiding somewhere. If there is in fact a thread for this, please link me to it (I know there is one for Splatoon 1).

The Nintendo switch app for splatoon 2 has allowed us to finally get gear with different main abilities. With that being said, not all of us may have the app or get on it often enough. The good news is you can still order gear from others!

Or if you are content with the gear in the game, you can still go for pure gear others have. Now you may be thinking, well ability chunks can let me build pure gear on my own. This is true BUT if you order a piece of gear from someone, you have a chance to get some sub abilities for free without having to waste ability chunks to get them yourself.

If you would like to see what the splatnet app has released so far, check out: https://mobile.twitter.com/SplatNetStore

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Thank you for this thread. This is going to be handy! Now then, would anyone happen to have ordered this from Annie's shop? I could really use it!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yay~♥ someone else took the initiative and finally made this thread! *lazy* ¬¬;

Plan on collecting all the Rockenberg band shirts with run speed up, just because. And if you have a Toni Kensa Pullover Coat with cold-blooded, that would be awesome.

Meanwhile, If you're looking for a pure, I currently have the Krak-On Blue Slip-Ons (swim speed up) and Rockenberg Wet Floor Band Tee (run speed up) & Rockenberg Squid Squad Band Tee (run speed up) to share. All are one-star gear.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I have collected every single perfect gear (same main ability as common ability brand) so far since two days before the Splatoon release. If anyone has missed out on any of them, feel free to contact me.
Missed out on these Aviators, still looking
I have them. Let me know when you'd like to pick them up.

CM86

Pro Squid
A thought for this thread. Is there a place that keeps track of all the gear that has been released through the splatnet app? I could link it for everyone to see above. If not, well, I don't expect anymore to make a spreadsheet and update it everyday ;)

the

Inkling Commander
Has the skull bandana shown up in the store at all yet? Please, I need to be edgy but I don't like special saver

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Has the skull bandana shown up in the store at all yet? Please, I need to be edgy but I don't like special saver
I heard of a rumored Skull Banda that has been released two days prior to the Splatoon 2 release with Ink Saver Sub. My friend saw it as well. Personally I haven't seen it. After all I only had the game one day prior to the release. The only rumored Splatnet gear from that time that I saw and own are the perfect Swim Speed Up shoes.

Reactions: the

Zelda4Prez

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6311-3966-8407
I have collected every single perfect gear (same main ability as common ability brand) so far since two days before the Splatoon release. If anyone has missed out on any of them, feel free to contact me.

I have them. Let me know when you'd like to pick them up.
Did you get the purple bomb defense main bomb defense sub jacket that was on there like a week ago? I missed that one would love to order that if possible.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Did you get the purple bomb defense main bomb defense sub jacket that was on there like a week ago? I missed that one would love to order that if possible.
Yes, I own all perfect gear. Let me know when you have time to pick it up.

CM86

Pro Squid
I officially own my favorite shirt, the sunny day tee, with all special charge up.

:clothes_tes007::ability_specialcharge: :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

If anyone is interested in ordering it, let me know.

lucariojr

Inkling
NNID
lucariojr
Switch Friend Code
SW-8346-4998-0485
I've been collecting chunks since day 1, and am now using them to make pure gear. Gonna make better sets later, but pures look good in my wardrobe so I'm collecting them for now. Also have a few on-brand triples that I got lucky with.

Currently have:
:ability_specialcharge: Fishfry Visor, :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:ability_quicksuperjump:Noise Cancelers, :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:
:ability_swimspeed:18k Aviators, :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
(Special Power Up) Shirt with Blue Hoodie, (special power up x3)
:ability_specialcharge:Red & Black Squidkid IV, :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge: <- seriously got lucky here; this rolled naturally with a drink
:ability_inkrecovery:Hunter Hi-Tops, :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_swimspeed:White Norimaki 750s, :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: <- I have enough chunks to make this a pure, but I don't have the sea snail to unlock the last slot yet.

I also have a Hero Hoodie Replica (:ability_inkrecovery:) that's :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:, but apparently you can't order cuttlegear. Would've made something else the :ability_inkrecovery: pure if I had known.

Currently planning on making these pure:
:ability_inksavermain: Studio Headphones
:ability_runspeed:Tinted Shades (I have the rockenberg run-speed shirts, but I'll work on those later... it's all bout them shades)
:ability_inksaversub:Snorkel Mask
:ability_bombrange:Pilot Goggles
:ability_quickrespawn:Basic Tee
:ability_defenseup:(bomb) Takoroka Mesh

If anyone has these already pure or has any on-brand triples I can order that would help me out. Especially if I can order them multiple times so that I can at least get 2 good slots. Unless I get too many requests I'll let anyone order my gear, though I am more responsive if you contact me on Twitter (@lucariojrr). Thanks!

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
The Squaps Jersey has only been on there once! I need a hockey outfit. I have it, but not with the main I want. I'd fight with a hockey stick instead of a gun too, if they'd let me.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I've been collecting chunks since day 1, and am now using them to make pure gear. Gonna make better sets later, but pures look good in my wardrobe so I'm collecting them for now. Also have a few on-brand triples that I got lucky with.

Currently have:
:ability_specialcharge: Fishfry Visor, :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:ability_quicksuperjump:Noise Cancelers, :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:
:ability_swimspeed:18k Aviators, :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
(Special Power Up) Shirt with Blue Hoodie, (special power up x3)
:ability_specialcharge:Red & Black Squidkid IV, :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge: <- seriously got lucky here; this rolled naturally with a drink
:ability_inkrecovery:Hunter Hi-Tops, :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_swimspeed:White Norimaki 750s, :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: <- I have enough chunks to make this a pure, but I don't have the sea snail to unlock the last slot yet.

I also have a Hero Hoodie Replica :)ability_inkrecovery:) that's :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:, but apparently you can't order cuttlegear. Would've made something else the :ability_inkrecovery: pure if I had known.

Currently planning on making these pure:
:ability_inksavermain: Studio Headphones
:ability_runspeed:Tinted Shades (I have the rockenberg run-speed shirts, but I'll work on those later... it's all bout them shades)
:ability_inksaversub:Snorkel Mask
:ability_bombrange:Pilot Goggles
:ability_quickrespawn:Basic Tee
:ability_defenseup:(bomb) Takoroka Mesh

If anyone has these already pure or has any on-brand triples I can order that would help me out. Especially if I can order them multiple times so that I can at least get 2 good slots. Unless I get too many requests I'll let anyone order my gear, though I am more responsive if you contact me on Twitter (@lucariojrr). Thanks!
Well, I've got a Wet Floor Band Tee with a Run Speed Main, A Blue Slip-Ons with a Swim Speed Up Main. Also, I got a Half-Rimmed Glasses with Ink Resistance that has all Ink resistance subs.

Also, does anyone have a good Swim Speed Up Shirt? I want one for my Brella Kit.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I don't have any SplatNet clothes, but if anyone is looking for the Retro Sweat, Bobble Hat, or Choco Clogs I have them. I rarely change my outfit.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Does anyone have a good Object Shredder Shoes? I'm looking for one 'cause of my Brella Kit. Bonus Points if it's Splash Mob or Tentatek and looks good :).

the

Inkling Commander
YO DID ANYONE SNAG THAT SQUID FACEMASK WITH QUICK SUPER JUMP?

Also @Flopps i got this ol thing

Attachments

Ed Leech

Inkster Jr.
Wow, a few of you are doing great!

Ulk, what/how much perfect gear has been released? That would be a great resource!

I am slowly grinding my way through some good gear combinations but hadn't spotted any perfect gear yet. I never played the first game so this was new to me. I had heard having multiples of the same ability chunks on one piece of gear had diminishing returns so was not the best way to go, but I assume from this thread that that isn't true?

I am about to have the 18k aviators and a pair of shoes that between them have Main and 3 subs of swim speed and run speed (so not perfect gear but as long as worn together is the same.

With that in mind I am really looking for perfect body gear that covers other bases. Ink resistance would be perfect if it exists? Special saver. Sub ink saver and anything that you guys think would work well for me :)

Thanks to anyone that can help. I play daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom