• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Gear tips for Enperry Splat Dualies

Byteplant

Inkling
Hi,

I'm in love with the Enperry Splat Dualies, like, that combination of Curling Bombs and Inkjet is amazing for pushing and for extreme offensive plays, which I absolutely like. But I need the best gear to play with these in more competitive modes, so I need help choosing it, as the Brand Secondary Abilities Probability chart is super complicated to me.

At this moment, I have:

Retro Specs w/3 slots
Octo Tee
Red Hi-Horses w/3 slots

What should I switch/buy/keep? How I can get the prefered second abilities in the gear? What abilities I need?

All help would be apreciated!
Thanks, Byteplant

Noco

Full Squid
Hey Byteplant!

The Enperries are some of the strongest offensive weapons in the game so I would recommend choosing gear to maximize their effectiveness as a slayer weapon.

Abilities I would recommend:
Comeback (Head Main Only): This is a good choice for any offensive weapon. Comeback will provide one main of Ink Saver Main, Ink Saver Sub, Ink Recovery Up, Run Speed Up, Swim Speed Up, and Special Charge Up for twenty seconds after you are splatted. The name Comeback fits the ability well. The provided boosts will make an impact in your return to the fight after being splatted and can help gain back lost momentum. The twenty seconds may seem short, but the ability goes a long way. If you are splatted three times, that's a whole minute with six extra main abilities!

Swim Speed Up (Stackable):
Whether you're chasing after an opponent to get the splat, fleeing from an oncoming bomb, or carrying the Rainmaker to the pedestal for the KO, Swim Speed Up provides useful mobility to get there (wherever there is) as quick as possible. This ability is useful on any weapon type, but frontliners like the Enperries benefit the most from it as they are (or at least should be) constantly moving around the map. This ability also pairs well with the Curling Bomb.

Run Speed Up (Stackable): Another mobility ability, Run Speed Up increases speed when running or firing your weapon. Its usefulness varies depending on weapon type. The Dualies are tied for the second highest base run speed while firing in the game, so Run Speed Up works well with the Enperries. Run Speed Up shines when used on stages with lots of grates or other non-inkable areas.

Special Saver (Stackable): Inkjet is one of the most powerful specials in the game, but losing 50% of your precious special gauge after being splatted can prevent you from bringing out the Bottle Powered Jetpack of Destruction in key moments; Special Saver solves these problems. With just two subs of Special Saver nearly 15% more of your special gauge remains after death.

Special Charge Up (Stackable): For the Enperries, 220 Points are needed to charge the Inkjet. Special Charge Up can reduce the amount of points necessary to charge the special, which will allow you to use as many Inkjets as possible during the match. With one main the special points needed to charge the Inkjet will go from 220p to 202p.

Bomb Defense Up DX (Stackable): I couldn't recommend this ability more. Even one sub will allow an extra near miss hit from the Inkjet or Tenta Missiles, but using more of the ability will greatly increase your overall survivability.

Quick Super Jump (Stackable): You're being pressured by two enemy squids. After taking a hit from the opposing Brella you decide there's no way you can beat these guys on your own, so you retreat behind a wall and prepare to jump back to the spawn point. But just as you're about to lift off, Joe Meta comes around the corner and one shots you with his Custom Blaster. So what happened? Was jumping out the wrong idea? With two subs of Quick Super Jump you can escape unwinnable situations and come back in to the fight more than half a second faster. I'd recommend this ability on any weapon, but only in small amounts.

Quick Respawn (Stackable): I personally don't use Quick Respawn, but many players like it for their offensive/slayer type weapons. It allows for a for a speedy return to the battle, but only if you are splatted twice without splatting anyone yourself.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that these abilities work well for any slayer type weapon, not just the Enperries. These are not the only abilities in the game either, so experiment and find your own combinations!
Here is my slayer build:
Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 9.27.29 AM.png

Byteplant

Inkling
Hey Byteplant!

The Enperries are some of the strongest offensive weapons in the game so I would recommend choosing gear to maximize their effectiveness as a slayer weapon.

Abilities I would recommend:
Comeback (Head Main Only): This is a good choice for any offensive weapon. Comeback will provide one main of Ink Saver Main, Ink Saver Sub, Ink Recovery Up, Run Speed Up, Swim Speed Up, and Special Charge Up for twenty seconds after you are splatted. The name Comeback fits the ability well. The provided boosts will make an impact in your return to the fight after being splatted and can help gain back lost momentum. The twenty seconds may seem short, but the ability goes a long way. If you are splatted three times, that's a whole minute with six extra main abilities!

Swim Speed Up (Stackable):
Whether you're chasing after an opponent to get the splat, fleeing from an oncoming bomb, or carrying the Rainmaker to the pedestal for the KO, Swim Speed Up provides useful mobility to get there (wherever there is) as quick as possible. This ability is useful on any weapon type, but frontliners like the Enperries benefit the most from it as they are (or at least should be) constantly moving around the map. This ability also pairs well with the Curling Bomb.

Run Speed Up (Stackable): Another mobility ability, Run Speed Up increases speed when running or firing your weapon. Its usefulness varies depending on weapon type. The Dualies are tied for the second highest base run speed while firing in the game, so Run Speed Up works well with the Enperries. Run Speed Up shines when used on stages with lots of grates or other non-inkable areas.

Special Saver (Stackable): Inkjet is one of the most powerful specials in the game, but losing 50% of your precious special gauge after being splatted can prevent you from bringing out the Bottle Powered Jetpack of Destruction in key moments; Special Saver solves these problems. With just two subs of Special Saver nearly 15% more of your special gauge remains after death.

Special Charge Up (Stackable): For the Enperries, 220 Points are needed to charge the Inkjet. Special Charge Up can reduce the amount of points necessary to charge the special, which will allow you to use as many Inkjets as possible during the match. With one main the special points needed to charge the Inkjet will go from 220p to 202p.

Bomb Defense Up DX (Stackable): I couldn't recommend this ability more. Even one sub will allow an extra near miss hit from the Inkjet or Tenta Missiles, but using more of the ability will greatly increase your overall survivability.

Quick Super Jump (Stackable): You're being pressured by two enemy squids. After taking a hit from the opposing Brella you decide there's no way you can beat these guys on your own, so you retreat behind a wall and prepare to jump back to the spawn point. But just as you're about to lift off, Joe Meta comes around the corner and one shots you with his Custom Blaster. So what happened? Was jumping out the wrong idea? With two subs of Quick Super Jump you can escape unwinnable situations and come back in to the fight more than half a second faster. I'd recommend this ability on any weapon, but only in small amounts.

Quick Respawn (Stackable): I personally don't use Quick Respawn, but many players like it for their offensive/slayer type weapons. It allows for a for a speedy return to the battle, but only if you are splatted twice without splatting anyone yourself.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that these abilities work well for any slayer type weapon, not just the Enperries. These are not the only abilities in the game either, so experiment and find your own combinations!
Here is my slayer build:
View attachment 6753
Thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom