• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Geography of Inkopolis

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
With the amazing attention to detail that comes with the Splatoon series comes... amazing attention to detail. I've noticed that across the franchise, locations are often somewhere, relative to another location. I've provided an example with a quickly-made map that shows the approximate location of the reef. If this thread becomes even somewhat popular, my end goal is to make a complete map of inkopolis/ink battle landmarks. Anyways, without further ado, here's the location of the reef:
IMAG0236.jpg

It is between the ferris wheel from wahoo world and that telphone tower on the right. Yes. Right there. Behind the train station, nestled in between those buildings. Want more proof? Here are two screenshots from the reef.
DeX0fz5V0AAraUd.jpg

Facing forward, we can see the telephone tower almost in the dead center, slightly to the right of that modern building. (Don't forget about that building. It's important!)
DeX0aJNVwAAP8Od.jpg

Next we see the ferris wheel. This would be enough proof on its own to know for sure that the reef is behind the train station, between the ferris wheel and this otherwise insignificant pole. But I have two more observations that - basically - prove the location of the reef. First of all, the train. Since the reef is located behind a train station, it would not be too far fetched to assume that the trains that run through are the same ones from the first game. (Though they do hang upside down so it's also sorta unlikely.) But the final photo makes this as solid as it can possibly be:
DeX0V4ZU8AApoH5.jpg
It's just inkopolis tower viewed from the square, right? No! Notice the modern building I brought up earlier! (You can barely see the spire of the telephone tower, too!) This basically puts the reef in the south-western/southern area outside of the walls of inkopolis plaza, assuming you're facing north when facing deca tower and inkopolis tower. Although I can't be sure this is true, it really makes you think about the details put into this game, and how something so insignificant like a cell tower could tie the two games even closer together. Thanks for reading, and I hope to see your theories on this sorry new thread!

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
Poor me, the only one commenting on my thread. Anyways, I've noticed that the wahoo world ferris wheel is visible from many maps, and Octo Valley, if I remember correctly, although I could quite easily be wrong. This means that a lot of maps can be put in to place using wahoo world as a good starting point. (assuming the ferris wheel is the one from wahoo world)
Also, happy late 3rd anniversary of Splatoon 1!

Last edited:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
The Ferris Wheel I have noticed is in Manta Maria as well as the Reef (Sorry I don't have pictures).

This is fascinating and I appreciate your fandom and motivation of doing this! If it's alright I'd like to help you with this endeavor.

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
The Ferris Wheel I have noticed is in Manta Maria as well as the Reef (Sorry I don't have pictures).

This is fascinating and I appreciate your fandom and motivation of doing this! If it's alright I'd like to help you with this endeavor.
Of course! I'm trying to push this as a community project! Perhaps a thread-specific discord or something can be created for more in depth discussion...

Padre

Pro Squid
Somekind of map would be fun to see. I was kinda hoping for metro map in the expansion to pinpoint some locations myself.

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
Somekind of map would be fun to see. I was kinda hoping for metro map in the expansion to pinpoint some locations myself.
yeah. if everyone works together, the splatoon community will be able to produce its own map. However, there are a lot of locations that are hard to track down, especially the indoor ones

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
yeah. if everyone works together, the splatoon community will be able to produce its own map. However, there are a lot of locations that are hard to track down, especially the indoor ones
Perhaps the metro train runs through the plaza, reef, bluefin depot, snapper canal, etc.

Although a metro map would be a lot harder, if possible at all

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Well hello there :D
I did something similar to this back in the Splatoon 1 days. Been wanting to start it up again with the sequel, but school and all that kind of stood in the way. You can check → this ol' thread: https://squidboards.com/threads/project-stage-locations-in-the-world-of-splatoon.19146/
for a lot of our findings and such. Now don't take this as me saying you stole my idea or anything, that's not at all what i'm implying :confused:
Just happy to see someone bring this idea back :)
The thread is pretty long so could take a bit of time to read all of it, but a lot of good info in there. Like you i pretty much hit a dead end with most indoor maps. Page 3 of the thread has the most complete map i made. Quite a few maps missing and the sketch is also pretty ugly, but hey it works lol.
Will definitely be active in this thread.

Last edited:

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
I did something similar to this back in the Splatoon 1 days. Been wanting to start it up again with the sequel, but school and all that kind of stood in the way. You can check → this ol' thread: https://squidboards.com/threads/project-stage-locations-in-the-world-of-splatoon.19146/
for a lot of our findings and such. Now don't take this as me saying you stole my idea or anything, that's not at all what i'm implying :confused:
The thread is pretty long so could take a bit of time to read all of it, but a lot of good info in there. Like you i pretty much hit a dead end with most indoor maps. Page 3 of the thread has the most complete map i made. Quite a few maps missing and the sketch is also pretty ugly, but hey it works lol.
Wow! This will definitely be a massive help, as it eliminates almost half of the workload! Thanks for sharing!

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
If you don't mind, I think i'll begin by splicing the existing images together, then adding the reef. Once wahoo world is released, I'll be able to determine if it is on the river or a coastline.

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
nevermind you already put them all together sorry

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
Ok everyone, big news
I've discovered the locations of some trickier stages, as well as the location of snapper canal
According to these images, it turns out that walleye warehouse is right next to port mackerel
DedQOkUUQAENgg7.jpg

We can clearly see the cranes and shipping crates. Not to mention that there are warehouses right next to port mackerel when playing on that stage:
DedQc0NV4AAlHLX.jpg

With that out of the way, I went to kelp dome. It turns out it is located in the mountains, presumably to the left of triggerfish, as it lacks the telephone wires.
DedQiLpVQAAWz5o.jpg

Finally, Snapper Canal (No images for this one sorry) So as it turns out, I found the mountains, but with telephone wires. However, they were a little farther than Flounder heights. This would mean the Canal is Southwest of flounder heights. Anyways, I'll try to add these to the map if i have time. Stay fresh!

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
To add onto what @Leronne is saying, I have a video from Chuggaaconroy's let's play of Splatoon where he goes over what he found to connect to one another in the first game. Please forgive me if the other thread already states all of this info, it's late so I can't quite read the entire thread tonight:
Time Stamp: 9:09

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
To add onto what @Leronne is saying, I have a video from Chuggaaconroy's let's play of Splatoon where he goes over what he found to connect to one another in the first game. Please forgive me if the other thread already states all of this info, it's late so I can't quite read the entire thread tonight:
Time Stamp: 9:09
HOLY FAQ CHUGGA READ MY THREAD AND MENTIONED ME :scared:
MOM. MOM I'M FAMOUS.

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
Hey y'all-
I've tackled another stage today, and frankly, some of these are really easy.
Today's stage is sturgeon shipyard. I'll put the image here, and you'll see just how easy this one was.
Deh3_iaU0AUh7fd.jpg

Same cranes, same warehouses. Sturgeon shipyard is either right next to or very close to Port Mackerel and Walleye Warehouse.
I'll add all the new stuff to the map once i have more time. Stay fresh!

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
I think my goal at this rate is to cover all the splatoon 2 stages, since chugga's video and leronne's original thread basically took care of the first game

Cephalobro

Interesting, I feel like one of those skyscrapers with objects on them (too far away to see) could be Flounder Heights.

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
Interesting, I feel like one of those skyscrapers with objects on them (too far away to see) could be Flounder Heights.
Do you mean moray towers? Also, I think that's part of the ship.
Plus, Flounder Heights is near the mountains, as the city isn't in view from the map

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
Idk if anybody's said it yet and sorry for not having images but after a recon in Inkblot Art Academy I think it's safe to say that it's somewhere in between Flounder Heights and Blackbelly Skatepark, closer to Blackbelly. I could be wrong but when I tried looking at the scenery it seemed to have the mountains and the telephone wires on one side but you could at least see the river area with city on the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom