• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Get Kraken ★ Recruitment Thread

gelatobeach

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kawaiiswag
Hi! I'm @gelatobeach, founder, captain, and representative for the squid squad Get Kraken. We play in a lot of the tournaments here on Squidboards, have been around the scene since August, and are a very active squad. More info on us, our members, and our squad in general can be found on our Squidboards squad page here: http://bit.ly/1M9JimA or our Twitter page, @gksplatoon.

The purpose of this thread is to announce that we have decided to open up recruitment for our second team, cleverly being referred to as Got Kraken!

To clarify, the people we recruit will most likely not be playing with the main team in tournaments. However, the second team will enter in tournaments separate from the main team, will play with the rest of us in squads / private rooms / scrimmages, and may participate in the next season of Leagues Under The Ink if things go well. I, along with Jay (one of our members), will be the main captains of the second team.

Currently, we have 5 members on our first team, and 2-5 on the second team (the actual number is not consistent as some of our members have spotty availability). So, to ensure everyone on the second team has playing time in tournaments, we would like to recruit 2-3 people who we know will be consistent and active for most tournaments.

Requirements:
★ 18+ years old
★ S / S+ rank
★ Able to use Discord for text chatting / voice calling (we don't use Skype)
★ Able to play and practice with us often / be active​

Expectations / Rules:
★ We do not tolerate any type of disrespect or rudeness at all. Please be respectful, especially in regards to preferred names and preferred pronouns.
★ Be at least somewhat active. We understand that people have lives outside Splatoon, but a message or two in the server would be appreciated.
★ Be friendly and open to all members of our squad. We may be a Splatoon group, but we are a friend group before anything else. Please remember that when allowing you into our squad, we are allowing you into our friend circle, so we have more than enough reasons to be particular about the type of people we want to be around.
★ Be willing to play in competitive tournaments / scrimmages often.
★ Learn / study our callouts, or have previous experience with callouts.
Schedule:
These are the times where we generally play together during the day. Please only apply if your schedule matches up well with ours.

Weekdays: We typically play together anywhere between 6PM EST and 12AM EST. Some of us play later, some of us start earlier.
Weekends: We're all basically able to play all day, the time we start playing depends on when we're available.
________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have read everything above and are interested in joining us, please fill out this application here: http://goo.gl/forms/p17kfOQZql
________________________________________________________________________________________

Recruitment Status: CLOSED

As of February 17th, 2016, we have decided to close submissions for new recruits. Feel free to see post #51 for more info on why if you're curious. We will not be accepting more applications until we open it back up again (if we ever do).

After filling out the application, we request that you leave a comment here on this thread so we can let you know if we've received it or not. It isn't necessary though.

Afterwards, we will review any applications we receive and get back to you on whether or not we are interested in recruiting you through your preferred contact method. If we are, we will send you an invite to our tryout server on Discord, so we can begin a tryout period where we interact with you, squad / private lobby with you, talk and get to know you a bit, etc. Once the tryout period is finished, we will discuss what we think and get back to you ASAP. We may request to play more than once this time around.

If we are not interested in recruiting you, I (or one of the other captains) will also contact you to let you know as well. We're not 100% certain on how long we'll take to get back to you, but we'll try our best to do it within 1 week after receiving your application.

If you have any questions please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks for viewing! ヽ(^◇^*)/ ♡

Last edited:

Ducksen

Inkling
NNID
Ducksen
Aww, that age requirement is upsetting, I met all the other requirements. Oh well, good luck to anyone else applying.

gelatobeach

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kawaiiswag
Small Update: We've accepted two people into our squad so far, @kira and @DesQue_25! :^)

We're still going over many of the applications (we've been short of time lately as a group) but if we haven't gotten back to you yet, we will soon. I apologize.

We are still accepting recruitment applications, though since we have reached the 8 people minimum we desired, we might be a little more selective from this point on.

mmmike

Inkling
NNID
mofro
Switch Friend Code
SW-5492-4365-5417
pull my app out.

Last edited:

xnox

Inkling
NNID
teinus
hello! i'm under 18 but would love to participate. i've got a british accent and don't scream everything i say so don't worry about me being an angry prepubescent cod player if that's your concern. if i apply will it still be turned down?

gelatobeach

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kawaiiswag
hello! i'm under 18 but would love to participate. i've got a british accent and don't scream everything i say so don't worry about me being an angry prepubescent cod player if that's your concern. if i apply will it still be turned down?
I appreciate your interest in our group! However, that isn't really our concern with making our group 18+. You could try if you wanted, I suppose.

@thefastestcat & @babysp00n, we've gotten your applications! Thanks for applying :~)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom