Looking to prepare for the US Inkling Open later this month? Why not try your hand at our warm-up event next weekend!?
The SQSS US Inkling Open Warm-Up is a single-elimination, best of 5, 64 team bracket emulating the rules of the upcoming US Inkling Open as closely as possible.
This is a free-to-enter tournament meant to give teams a little warm-up before participating in the US Inkling Open. There is no prize.
We will resume regular SQSS monthly events starting in May.
Game & Region
US and Canada
Date & Time
Saturday, April 14th, 2018
12:00 PM EST
(Check-in: 11:00 AM EST)
(Registration closes at 9am ET on 4/14)
SQ Event Page
Past SQSS Events:
Squidboards Splat Series - September 2017
Squidboards Splat Series - October 2017
Squidboards Splat Series - November 2017
Squidboards Splat Series - January 2018
Squidboards Splat Series - February 2018
Squidboards Splat Series - March 2018
- You must have at least four players on your roster (and up to 1 backup player)
- You must have one team representative in the Squidboards Discord server.
- Please take a photo of the victory screen in the case of a dispute.
- The team captain MUST check in to the tournament and each match!
- Players and teams not in the United States and Canada are ineligible for play.
Registration & Check In
- Bracket will run as a best of 5 single elimination event in all game modes as follows:
- Round of 32: Turf War
- Round of 16: Splat Zones
- Round of 8: Splat Zones
- Round of 4: Tower Control
- Round of 2 (Grand Finals): Rainmaker
- Maps will be chosen by the tournament admin and announced before the bracket starts
Hosting & Disconnections
- Registration is handled through Battlefy.com. Click the Join button to register your team for the tournament
- You must have at least four members on your team to join.
- You can only be on one team.
- You may include up to one substitute (backup player) on each team, but this substitute must be identified prior to Week 1 begins.
- You can swap in substitutes between games but you must have them in the game within 5 minutes.
- The captain should be on Battlefy.com to click Check In in the hour leading up to the start of the tournament.
- The captain will have 10 minutes after each match starts to click Ready Up on Battlefy.com and begin setting up the game.
- If a match has not started within 15 minutes after the round has opened, the captain is expected to contact support using the Report Match Issue button.
- Support must also be contacted in case of delays during a match.
- If a match has not been completed 40 minutes after the round has opened and no contact with support has been made by either captain, both teams will be disqualified.
- This tournament is open to players age 18 and up living in the United States.
- The player from the team with the fastest but more importantly most stable connection should host (a wired connection is preferred).
- If there is a dispute on who should host, the team with the higher seed number will host.
- If a player disconnects, the team will need to finish off the game without that player.
- If the host disconnects, their team will receive a game loss and the opposing team must host the next game.
- Set up the game with your opponent using the included Private Match Chat on Battlefy.
- The winner should report the score on the bracket once the match is complete.
- Both teams should take a picture of the victory and defeat screen in case of a dispute.
- There should be at least one representative of each team in the tournament’s support server on Discord.
- If you have any problems, please request help from a tournament administrator using the Report Match Issue button on Battlefy.
Squidboards now has its own Discord server!
Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!
You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!
Splatoon 2 has released around the globe!
Get Ready for the Inkling Open with SQSS: US Inkling Open Warmup!