• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Getting Back Into Splatoon

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I stopped playing Splatoon at around March of last year, and I'm trying to pick it back up again for Spla2n. Normally, I would use chargers, but right now I'm transitioning to Splatlings as I'm too afraid to use chargers. I'm also too afraid to do ranked, I'd probably drop from A- to C. So I've been doing turf war, but problem is, the matches are no longer close. You either spawn camp your enemy or your enemy spawn camps you. This isn't really how I remember the game, and so, the conclusion I came to, was, that the game's main playerbase consists of 2 kinds of people. Super Competitives, and Newbies. This creates a problem for the newbies, as they are turned off by the spawncamping and overall extremity of turf war now. This is my first time coming back to this site in about a year, so I don't know if Splatoon has been like this, or not. It's just making it very hard for me to get interested in the game again. I've adjusted to the controls pretty easily (idk how because I've been playing a lot of Counter Strike) but the spawn camping just kills it for me. Any feedback is appreciated.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
There's no need to be afraid of using any weapon, especially if you're just playing turf. You might be rusty which is normal, but just keep playing and it'll all come back to you... maybe! As for turf war being too extreme, perhaps it's just bad luck. Try playing at different times and if you get in a rough lobby just leave and join another, eventually you should find one that plays at your pace... maybe!

I've definitely noticed the same with my playtime over the weekend; but playing at different times should help finding a good group.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
Oh I'm actually the same I'm trying to play more Splatoon because I used to really love it, sometimes it's really fun but I do feel like people are much better than me and much more focused on hunting me down, it's really frustrating to play like that.

I can't tell what's wrong about that, I mean it sounds legitemate to be good at the game and good with kills, but I think I used to have more chill fun with the game than I do now. Maybe it's just that I have a serious problem with losing, I get really mad when I get defeated and it's super childish xD

Maybe I should watch old videos and compare them to new matches to see what's different. I think the main point is that I get killed too much and it gets frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom