• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Global October Splatfest: Trick vs Treat!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

It's that time again! A new splatfest is coming, and Nintendo's really going all out this time! It's Trick vs Treat in a worldwide splatfest! For the first time ever, we have a 48 hour splatfest!

Start time: Friday 10/19 3pm PT, 5pm CT, 6pm ET

End time: Sunday 10/21 3pm PT, 5pm CT, 6pm ET

On top of all that, they're handing out Halloween themed gear! You can pick these up starting Friday, 10/5 from an article posted on the Squid Research Lab Report (Splatoon 2) News Channel on your Nintendo Switch! They have good abilities too (Run speed and all three ink efficiency abilities), so you'll look fresh and play fresh!

Which side are you rooting for? Share your thoughts and let's get into the spirit of the holiday! Halloween punsssss

Additional info here! https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/178695977487/according-to-our-research-there-seems-to-be-a

Cephalobro

For just this one Splatfest, I'll change headgear to one of these new ones, most likely the horn for the creepy factor.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
ooooh that gear is so cool! i want it! o3o the horns are my favorite so far..heh they will look good on my octo boy xD

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Why on earth would someone be on Team Trick?

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
To many bad treats growing up like an apple, 3 musketeers, or tooth brushes.

Go team Trick.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Ahh, the classic Trick or Treat dilemma. I know what Treat I want ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ ) ahem, the ink pairing should look nice! ^^;

This'll be a fun tweet bittersweet Splatfest. First Splatfest after the paywall curtain and the first real "test" of the new scoring system.

I do like the jiangshi hat. I wish there was more gear to complete the looks though. (You can already improvise with the Jason mask.)
Closest thing I can think of is the Toni Kensa kung fu looking shirt. But I can't recall if we have any fitting black or white sneakers to help the ensemble. Yet the proper way to top it all off is by playing a blaster. Quick respawn stacking optional. =p

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i already know which shirt will fit the horns perfectly,i even can match something with the jiangshi hat but the Jason Voorhees mask..hm..i am not sure or i got any shirts to match with that >.< any suggestions for the Jason Voorhees 1?

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
i already know which shirt will fit the horns perfectly,i even can match something with the jiangshi hat but the Jason Voorhees mask..hm..i am not sure or i got any shirts to match with that >.< any suggestions for the Jason Voorhees 1?
They have hockey jerseys...

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I just use the FA-01 Jacket and Angry Rain Boots.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Tricking silly cephalopods will always be sweeter than those miniature chocolate bars from bulk packs that are always given out on my street. -_-

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
A glimpse of the Halloween dating scene in the Square. xD
20181008_133532.jpg

20181008_133458.jpg

20181008_133350.jpg

Sadly, I've yet to find my match who also enjoys the fishface lulz. u_u

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
going team trick just because i think it will be less popular hence less mirror games

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Remember, both of last month's Splatfests were 3-0 sweeps....
At this point for me, I’m much less concerned with being on the winning team than I am picking the team with the least amount of waiting between matches. That still seems to be the less-popular team.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
For crying out loud...the devs just don't seem to understand that you don't make a stage that 100% revolves around a tiny middle section, do they? Two months in a row they're pulling this crap.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Ok so obviously the 2-tone paint is a new effect, but it looks like the graphics in general or maybe just the frame rate have been improved. Does anyone else notice this?

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
This shifty station is completely unfair. Basically whoever covers the middle section first is more than likely guaranteed to win. Look how fun this has to be for the other team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom