• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Splatfest: Fancy Party vs. Costume Party

Which team are you?

• Team Fancy Party!

Votes: 60 57.1%
  • Team Costume Party!

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • I don't know yet, but I'll pick one sometime

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • I'm not participating in this Splatfest.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I'm kind of worried if this means Western players don't have much of an interest to play Splatoon compared to the past. Does this mean there won't be anymore regional Splatfests?

Regardless I'm into cosplays lately so perhaps I'll think about picking Costume Party.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Fancy has blue ink, but Costume will likely be less popular, decisions decisions!

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I'm kind of worried if this means Western players don't have much of an interest to play Splatoon compared to the past. Does this mean there won't be anymore regional Splatfests?

Regardless I'm into cosplays lately so perhaps I'll think about picking Costume Party.
Nintendo in Japan was citing how awesome it was that over 50% of Splatoon owners participated in the previous Splatfest.

No bragging about Europe + America, so it's probably not good for us.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Fancy has blue ink, but Costume will likely be less popular, decisions decisions!
In Japan, the popularity curse does not apply.

Also it's not only popularity that really dooms the NA Splatfests but more the inexperienced kids in it. And wouldn't you say kids prefer wearing costumes over dressing fancy?

Fancy for me. I always feel self-conscious with any costume no matter how good it looks on me.

Last edited:

Rabite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cboyd1987
Hm, tough choice this time around. Predicting a fancy win though.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Wow, feels rather soon. Normally, I lean more towards a costume party. Yet I will most likely choose Team Fancy Smancy Dancy to play on Callie's side for once (This will be my third Splatfest).

Now I just need to figure out a name, gear, and weapons appropriate enough to the Team Fancy Prancy theme.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
Normally, i'd think "Okay, kids will probably go for costume party, because kids like Halloween, right?" and then come up with some justification for picking fancy, like "We have prom pretty soon, might as well".

This time around, however, i'm not sure. Being a global Splatfest, I have no idea what the results would be. I'll probably still choose fancy, but i'm less sure about it (as opposed to the last 7 Splatfests, where it was a relatively easy choice). Of course, I still don't really need any snails, I haven't even used the ones from the last 3 Splatfests, but whatever. I'm still greedy.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'd rather wear a ballgown than a hot dog suit, so fancy it is for me :D

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Sweet, finally the real worldwide Splatfest after Pokemon!

I'm not sure what I'm going to pick.
Gala (Fancy) is great with glamour but you'll have to behave really well.
Costume is great with being casual but you'll have terrible drunk people on every party.

But I already know names! FancyShmcy (Fancy Schmancy) or SlttyPumkn (S-l-u-t-t-y Pumkin).

I wouldn't be sure on that. Don't forget Costume also means Cosplay and Cosplay is very popular in Japan.

Last edited:

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I'm going to miss this Splatfest, as I'm on holiday for a week from next Wednesday, and in all honesty, I'm glad I'm on holiday as I don't have to deal with this awful Splatfest. Miitomo is eh, and I'm not one for parties. However I do want the Snails, and as family members will be in the house, I'll ask someone to get me to King so I can pick up at least 18 snails. Will pick Black Tie Event, as the Fancy Picture is awful and the Inkling on the Black Tie looks majestic and cute, plus Blue Ink > Yellow Ink. Don't care about the outcome of the Splatfest, I just want more snails and as I'm not here, I won't care if my team loses as I won't see the matches to determine how matches go. This holiday will be better than staying at home for a week and playing Splatfest, so I don't care for missing it. Good luck to both teams and those participating though! Have fun with the first global Splatfest!

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I wish I could participate but... i'm putting UK nationals for pokemon first.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I usually take Marie's side, but I have a very strict rule regarding the color orange: I don't use the color orange.

Not to mention that fancy is just the superior theme. I'll play this whole Splatfest while listening to this

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I usually take Marie's side, but I have a very strict rule regarding the color orange: I don't use the color orange.

Not to mention that fancy is just the superior theme. I'll play this whole Splatfest while listening to this

You just reminded me of a certain fabulous robot master from Mega Man who is my absolute fave, JEWEL MAN!

Have to remember to draw him later for Miiverse.

Also a plus side for me being on Team Fancy is that I don't have to associate myself with fursuiters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom